Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Overall, how would you assess Madger Gomes' two years at Doncaster?

To be honest, Gomes was on the fringes in the main.

Although he made a decent number of appearances, his outings from the outset were restricted.

Part of that was because he didn't play an awful lot so he would pick up injuries fairly easily.

Say no more, welcome aboard
  • Give it until 5.45.
  • Gomes doesn't seem to fit what we need at all but I guess it doesn't hurt having a trialist with the squad issues we've got at the moment. 
  • Give it until 5.45.
  • edited July 2021
    Personally I’d be very underwhelmed if we signed signed Gomes, considering he was released by Donny, whose fans don’t really rate him and was passed by Pompey. Would prefer a 10/playmaker to compete with Albie. 
  • Gomes is left footed so he does offer something different to our other CM's apart from JFC who is injured .
  • RedRobin said:
    Personally I’d be very underwhelmed if we signed signed Gomes, considering he was released by Donny, whose fans don’t really rate him and was passed by Pompey. Would prefer a 10/playmaker to compete with Albie. 
    Need a front line striker first. Haven't replaced Aneke - and he was underused as it was. 

Imo none of the current 4 strikers will get 20 goals this coming season. Stockley will be close but the supply will have to be spot on.....and that has been the problem of late and is exacerbated with the fact we currently only have 1 wide player. Stockley isnt going to go past defenders with the ball at his feet & wont be racing onto through balls like a BWP or Bent.
    Can't argue with that. I'm sure it hasn't escaped NA's attention though.
  • Sponsored links:

• No sign of a signing,  again.
    Give it time. Kane needs to get back down from Manchester. Will be done by 18:00. 
    I’m starting to think Kane is stuck in traffic. 
  • Richard J said:
    Gomes is left footed so he does offer something different to our other CM's apart from JFC who is injured .
    But not a good enough reason to sign him. I’d rather two great CMs who are both right footed than sign a left footed one just for a bit more balance.
  • Gomez could well be an additional option as 6 months cover for JFC and a bonus if he is better than that. 
  • edited July 2021
    Not sure I see what the fuss is about tbh. This Gomes chap is on trial. How many trialists have we seen pass through pre-seasons past that we've taken a look at and then passed on? Far too many to remember. NA and the team have clearly seen enough in him to at least take a look. If he smashes it in training and in the friendlies then it'd be hard to say no to him. If he's bobbins - or average even - then I'm we'll pass him along like the millions of other trialists and move on
  • John Jules of Arsenal 18 years old 6ft plus and is the winger / Striker .. fits our criteria and of course scored two against us for Doncaster …. 
  • edited July 2021
    John Jules of Arsenal 18 years old 6ft plus and is the winger / Striker .. fits our criteria and of course scored two against us for Doncaster …. 
    Bowyer stated last year we would have signed him if weren't under emargo at the time and seems highly possible if this report is taken at face value.

https://dailycannon.com/2021/07/tyreece-john-jules-loan-move/
  • Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    I'm surprised how many likes another "one more done, no other info" gets still. There is zero useful information in this whatsoever. Remember the same was said a few weeks back and the player allegedly failed a medical. 

I just keep an eye out for the DONE DEAL on newsnow.
    See my last response to @addick1965
    Er what's this about I haven't posted for ages? 
  • Sponsored links:

• 2 weeks till the start of the season. I thought we might of been in a stronger position by now in terms of recruitment. 

The squad looks very average to me at the moment. 
    But the window don’t shut till early Sept …. Lot of business will kick in , in the last two weeks ….. clubs went back to having the window open after the start of the season after they tired to have it closed two days before season started ….. so you can’t have it both ways 

• 2 weeks till the start of the season. I thought we might of been in a stronger position by now in terms of recruitment. 

The squad looks very average to me at the moment. 
    But the window don’t shut till early Sept …. Lot of business will kick in , in the last two weeks ….. clubs went back to having the window open after the start of the season after they tired to have it closed two days before season started ….. so you can’t have it both ways 

Still sunny in chelsfield. 
    I hope it's the same in Bexley 
  • Pedro45 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    I'm surprised how many likes another "one more done, no other info" gets still. There is zero useful information in this whatsoever. Remember the same was said a few weeks back and the player allegedly failed a medical. 

Haha! @Addicks1956 has aged nine years!
    That is not even correct. Anyway why would 1956 necessarily be a year of birth ?  My wife had the same arithmetic teacher as most on here. The 2+ 2 = 5 or 6 or whatever but never 4!
    Well it's definitely not your IQ...
  • cfgs said:
    John Jules of Arsenal 18 years old 6ft plus and is the winger / Striker .. fits our criteria and of course scored two against us for Doncaster …. 
    On the list @Dazzler21, tbh he could have his own list.

• Pedro45 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:

Haha! @Addicks1956 has aged nine years!
    That is not even correct. Anyway why would 1956 necessarily be a year of birth ?  My wife had the same arithmetic teacher as most on here. The 2+ 2 = 5 or 6 or whatever but never 4!
    Well it's definitely not your IQ...
    Bartraaaaam!
  • Wrexham must be paying Mullin a lot if he'd rather play for them in non-league than stay at Cambridge in league one. Surely he must've had other league one/two clubs interested too. 

League two POTY and top scorer, so to sign for a National league club is a huge coup for them.
  • John Jules of Arsenal 18 years old 6ft plus and is the winger / Striker .. fits our criteria and of course scored two against us for Doncaster …. 
    What is your opinion of him as a player?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!