Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Quite funny reading some of the views from our fans on Mullin on #cafc Twitter and replies to Cawley. He’s being criticised for lacking ambition despite probably having no serious interest in him from L1 clubs.

It’s also amazing how highly some appear to rate him when they likely never saw him play. Some are shocked by the move, they were either going to be excited had he signed for us or devastated if he signed for a rival. Instead he’s dropped down a league and completely confused them.
    He’s dropped down 2 leagues though , as Cambridge were promoted to L1. They certainly wanted him to stay
    Apart from Cambridge I mean.
  • Sancho officially signed for Man Utd as well.  
  • Not that I am fussed because obviously we weren't in for him but I think it says a lot about him that he didn't stay with Cambridge for their league 1 fight and dropped 1/2 leagues you could say for the money. 
  • cabbles said:
    Sancho officially signed for Man Utd as well.  
    Was he a target for us, or should that be on t'other thread?
  • edited July 2021
    Anyway... Can't just be signing players because they scored goals in the league below. Remember when we paid £1.1 million for Izale McLeod? 
  • Scoham said:
    Quite funny reading some of the views from our fans on Mullin on #cafc Twitter and replies to Cawley. He’s being criticised for lacking ambition despite probably having no serious interest in him from L1 clubs.

It’s also amazing how highly some appear to rate him when they likely never saw him play. Some are shocked by the move, they were either going to be excited had he signed for us or devastated if he signed for a rival. Instead he’s dropped down a league and completely confused them.
    He’s dropped down 2 leagues though , as Cambridge were promoted to L1. They certainly wanted him to stay
    money talks   .... and a three year deal too
    Possibly at 28 years old the most lucrative contract he's ever likely to be offered ?

• Vfrf said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Pipe down bed wetters of the world
    I could be wrong but didn't they say a multi-million pound deal at the end of last year?
    According to @Airman Brown there was something in the pipeline but for/if we reach the Championship. He said on here last week - can't remember everything he posted but basically nothing to wet your knickers over and not the "multi-million" pound deal that everyone thought it might be. 

• Oggy Red said:
    cabbles said:
    Sancho officially signed for Man Utd as well.  
    Another one we missed out on.

Well, that's blown our chances of promotion this season. :neutral:

Just got no ambition this club, I'm sick of it 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    Not that I am fussed because obviously we weren't in for him but I think it says a lot about him that he didn't stay with Cambridge for their league 1 fight and dropped 1/2 leagues you could say for the money. 
    Clearly likes the easy life, and didn't fancy his own chances of shinning in L1, let alone anyone else having a serious gamble on him, big(ish) fish small pond mentality.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:

Possibly at 28 years old the most lucrative contract he's ever likely to be offered ?

He is 26. We were not interested in him. If we had been I am fairly sure we would have got him.
  • Maatsen is off to Coventry. Back to the drawing board for Gallen and Roody.

Coventry City to beat Charlton Athletic to loan signing of Chelsea's Ian Maatsen - The 72
  • Not that I am fussed because obviously we weren't in for him but I think it says a lot about him that he didn't stay with Cambridge for their league 1 fight and dropped 1/2 leagues you could say for the money. 
    Clearly likes the easy life, and didn't fancy his own chances of shinning in L1, let alone anyone else having a serious gamble on him, big(ish) fish small pond mentality.
    I dunno.

He'd said a while ago that he wanted to go back North, nearer home, friends and family.

And at 28 years old, he's no doubt been offered the longest most lucrative contract of his career.
    At his age, his Prem club ambitions have long been forgotten. If he's going to get kicked and battered as a striker, he may as well get handsomely paid for doing so.

To a lot of people, including older footballers, naked ambition comes second to security for their family.

• Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:

He is 26. We were not interested in him. If we had been I am fairly sure we would have got him.
    Alright then, he's 26. But the reply I posted was in response to the previous poster saying: "money talks   .... and a three year deal too"

• Sponsored links:

• Another one is done, no idea if it will be announced today.
    Any clues as to who it is ? Thanks for the update CEL
  • Oggy Red said:
    Maatsen was a disappointment.  
    Maatsen was an 18 year old kid with no experience of men's football.

Didn’t improve. Worse if anything by the time he left us. Big disappointment.

BP is better. Always was. 
    Oh, alright ..... you win: young teenaged inexperienced footballer learning his trade as he plays was a big disappointment.

Purrington has different attributes and limitations.

But .... you know, if I had to guess who was going to eventually play at a higher level and achieve more in the game ..... well, it probably wouldn't be dear old Ben.

• Another one is done, no idea if it will be announced today.
    I bet you've already told Ronnie Moore ?  :smiley:

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!