Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Vfrf said:
    cfgs said:
    Paul Mullin has joined Wrexham.
    Wonder if this is any coincidence that the Josh Davidson statement came out today.
    Wait you think Wrexham beat us to his signature? Despite the fact we were never in for him.

Tongue was firmly in cheek, sir. Can the mods introduce a sarcasm font please.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    The logo is going to look awful on a red shirt isn’t it
    Didn't look bad last season. 

That looks decent. More worried about the yellow/blue combination of Walker Mower.
    I imagine that'll be on the away kit. 
    There’s a picture of the combined logo on the red shirt up the thread. 
  • edited July 2021
    Crusty54 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    The logo is going to look awful on a red shirt isn’t it
    Didn't look bad last season. 

That looks decent. More worried about the yellow/blue combination of Walker Mower.
    I imagine that'll be on the away kit. 
    There’s a picture of the combined logo on the red shirt up the thread. 
    No there isn't, it's on a branded background. 

Read the O.S Article. 

KW Consultancy will be on the front of the Addicks’ brand new hummel home shirts and third shirts for 2021/22, while Walker Mower will appear on the front of the club’s new away shirts.

• Just shows you what a good commercial sponsor such as “Tik-Tok” buys you

/s 
    Bankrolled by netflix... Ryan reynold and Rob mcelhenny bought them and there is a netflix doc being filmed about their first year at the club
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Just shows you what a good commercial sponsor such as “Tik-Tok” buys you

/s 
    Bankrolled by netflix... Ryan reynold and Rob mcelhenny bought them and there is a netflix doc being filmed about their first year at the club
    Yep they have a good bit of cash behind them now 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    So so two weeks ago everyone was saying we shouldn’t sign Mullen (L2’s top scorer) as he was a one season wonder but now we’re happy to have Davison - a no season wonder who wasn’t scoring or even good enough to start for a promotion chasing FGR…

Adkins is telling us he’s in the squad because we can’t afford to buy an Eisa (bid confirmed by Darragh) but MK can. We are doing this on the cheap. 
    In fairness I think it's the same people complaining... But I haven't checked. 

Where is Adkins telling us the bold bit?

Finally where do you get off calling people happy clappers? After the last 6-7 years fans have a reason to be happy we have a good manager an owner who appears to understand the fans and how to remain sustainable (so we don't end up in dire financial situations like under the spivs and end up being sold to a crazy belgian narcissist)

I honestly think some people choose to be miserable and enjoy doing so. 
    Good post, it is all becoming rather tiresome and why make shit up this time Eisa....we didn't bid for him ffs
  • Paul Mullin took the money and 3 year contract. I'm sure there would have been interest in him from L1 and L2 clubs, but they probably weren't offering him such a good deal

Must be weird for Cambridge, to lose their star player to a club TWO divisions lower than where are now
    I had to check that was true for my own eyes! Bonkers and to think the amount of wasted airtime some inside saucers gave him!
  • Mullin isn't league 1 quality for me. But will smash it up at that level. 
  • mendonca said:
    Paul Mullin took the money and 3 year contract. I'm sure there would have been interest in him from L1 and L2 clubs, but they probably weren't offering him such a good deal

Must be weird for Cambridge, to lose their star player to a club TWO divisions lower than where are now
    I had to check that was true for my own eyes! Bonkers and to think the amount of wasted airtime some inside saucers gave him!
    'An' not 'some'
  • edited July 2021
    Money for Nothing on Mullin's part, they must have it to burn and have big ambitions.
  • Walker Mower logo sort of rules out a yellow away shirt 
  • Paul Mullin took the money and 3 year contract. I'm sure there would have been interest in him from L1 and L2 clubs, but they probably weren't offering him such a good deal

100% agree Cambridge fans must be furious 
    don’t think he got the offers only Bradford offers him a deal .. he from Merseyside so Wrexham is perfect for him 
  • cfgs said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Mullin gone to Wrexham? That's Charlton's promotion chances written off.

We were never interested in him …. 
    So when you claimed numerous times we were and that he had even signed you were lieing I take it?
    That was Addicks59 wasn't it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    cfgs said:
    Oggy Red said:

So when you claimed numerous times we were and that he had even signed you were lieing I take it?

Cafc43v3r said:
    Tbf I think Paul Mullin is worth a punt on a free and for the right wage, if we could get him on a 2-3 year contract I would take him. He could either replicate last season's form and storm the league or be an option off of the bench, if we go up or stay in the division I am sure he would have takers. 

Certainly not if we still have Ronnie.  
    I agree with this. I'd definitely take a punt on Mullin but having him and Schwartz as two of the four is a risk I wouldn't want to take. If we're serious about winning this league, or even fighting for promotion, we need someone a bit more proven to compete with Stockley. I personally want someone who can hold the ball up if we're going to play 433. Mullin would be a decent replacement for Schwartz though if he goes. 
    But Mullin wants to move back up north with Bolton his likey destination 

100% agree Cambridge fans must be furious 
    don’t think he got the offers only Bradford offers him a deal .. he from Merseyside so Wrexham is perfect for him 
    I doubt that, I imagine the offers weren't financially what he wanted. Wrexham presumably are now hoping to be Salford Mark 2, albeit with more history and pedigree

What next, Bill Gates and Tom Cruise to buy Notts County?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cfgs said:
    Oggy Red said:

Cafc43v3r said:
    Tbf I think Paul Mullin is worth a punt on a free and for the right wage, if we could get him on a 2-3 year contract I would take him. He could either replicate last season's form and storm the league or be an option off of the bench, if we go up or stay in the division I am sure he would have takers. 

I agree with this. I'd definitely take a punt on Mullin but having him and Schwartz as two of the four is a risk I wouldn't want to take. If we're serious about winning this league, or even fighting for promotion, we need someone a bit more proven to compete with Stockley. I personally want someone who can hold the ball up if we're going to play 433. Mullin would be a decent replacement for Schwartz though if he goes. 

That's not the same as saying we were in for him and/or he's signed though?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    cfgs said:
    Oggy Red said:

Cafc43v3r said:

He also spouted the signing over the weekend thing early July. I get he is just sharing rumours he has heard but why pretend he knows everything and has the confidence of the decision makers. I find it irksome and childish.
  • Scoham said:
    Quite funny reading some of the views from our fans on Mullin on #cafc Twitter and replies to Cawley. He’s being criticised for lacking ambition despite probably having no serious interest in him from L1 clubs.

It’s also amazing how highly some appear to rate him when they likely never saw him play. Some are shocked by the move, they were either going to be excited had he signed for us or devastated if he signed for a rival. Instead he’s dropped down a league and completely confused them.
    He has taken Wrexham’s odds on winning that league from 6/1 to 7/2….. 
  • Scoham said:
    Quite funny reading some of the views from our fans on Mullin on #cafc Twitter and replies to Cawley. He’s being criticised for lacking ambition despite probably having no serious interest in him from L1 clubs.

It’s also amazing how highly some appear to rate him when they likely never saw him play. Some are shocked by the move, they were either going to be excited had he signed for us or devastated if he signed for a rival. Instead he’s dropped down a league and completely confused them.
    He’s dropped down 2 leagues though , as Cambridge were promoted to L1. They certainly wanted him to stay
  • Scoham said:

He’s dropped down 2 leagues though , as Cambridge were promoted to L1. They certainly wanted him to stay
    money talks   .... and a three year deal too
  • edited July 2021
    Scoham said:

Absolutley, some peoples idea of scouting is by simply looking on twitter at how many goals a player scored. If you sit and wach his highlight reel there are lot of penalties and tap ins. Id suprised if he ever scores that many again even in the conference
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!