Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• I have asked for more info but only been told another is done, no idea if perm or loan.
    You mean the club want to announce it themselves? Blimmin' cheek! 

• Cafc43v3r said:
    I love people talking about lack of ambition in someone they have never met.

This time last year the only deal he could get was a one year deal at Cambridge, in league 2.  Despite his record breaking season at Morecambe that took 3 years. He probably wasn't even on a grand a week. 

Now he has signed a 3 year deal, in a part of the country he wants to live.  On more money than he could have dreamed about this time last year.  He can probably now buy a house, something I doubt he could do before and provide some sort of security to his family, if he has one.

It's not like he has given up a crack at the world cup and champions league is.  He will know how good he is, or isn't. Unless he was going to get a first team gig at one of the bigger league 1 clubs, which he wasn't, it's probably the best move he could have got, for him.

Good luck to him.  To those questioning his ambition how financially secure were you at 26?
    Agreed, often in bottom end of league 1 through to Conference players are on less than a grand a week. For a career that lasts only 10-15 years you have to make your money when you can. 
  • I have asked for more info but only been told another is done, no idea if perm or loan.
    Is it the 2 from Cardiff? 
  • Gate receipts for the massives how much? AB.
  • ButtleJR said:
    My sources tell me another ones done. Think it could be Jayden Stockley.
    Nah Delort
  • Come back the Mercury all is forgiven...

Easy back then, pickup your local newspaper and there's John Bumstead and Steve Gatting plastered all over the back page sporting section.

Times were much simpler.

Do you know if it’ll be announced today?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I love people talking about lack of ambition in someone they have never met.

This time last year the only deal he could get was a one year deal at Cambridge, in league 2.  Despite his record breaking season at Morecambe that took 3 years. He probably wasn't even on a grand a week. 

Now he has signed a 3 year deal, in a part of the country he wants to live.  On more money than he could have dreamed about this time last year.  He can probably now buy a house, something I doubt he could do before and provide some sort of security to his family, if he has one.

It's not like he has given up a crack at the world cup and champions league is.  He will know how good he is, or isn't. Unless he was going to get a first team gig at one of the bigger league 1 clubs, which he wasn't, it's probably the best move he could have got, for him.

Good luck to him.  To those questioning his ambition how financially secure were you at 26?
    Fair enough, but why let facts stand in the way of a good old fashioned argument B)
  • Come back the Mercury all is forgiven...

Easy back then, pickup your local newspaper and there's John Bumstead and Steve Gatting plastered all over the back page sporting section.

Times were much simpler.

Part of me remembers those days fondly.

You only found out when the deal was already done - you read it in the weekly Mercury, whether a surprise or disappointment. No agitating and wasting your day on an internet forum.

But whatever, you gobbled up all the story. And then rang Club Call at a pound a minute the next morning to hear the same story announced again plus a load of jingles.

We were quite desperate for news, any news, in those days.
    And nobody moaned about it. Not even Golfie. :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Maatsen is off to Coventry. Back to the drawing board for Gallen and Roody.

Coventry City to beat Charlton Athletic to loan signing of Chelsea's Ian Maatsen - The 72
    Honestly not bothered by this. IMO he wasn’t a defender. 
    Maatsen IMO is quite clearly a wing back.

Purrington is a conventional full back, a solid defender.

The manager has said he is looking for tall lads. 
    Given that, it is hardly surprising that we have not signed him.
  • edited July 2021
    ButtleJR said:
    My sources tell me another ones done. Think it could be Jayden Stockley Andy Delort.
    Edit: Late again to the party!
  • edited July 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Oggy Red said:
    J BLOCK said:

Coventry City to beat Charlton Athletic to loan signing of Chelsea's Ian Maatsen - The 72
    Honestly not bothered by this. IMO he wasn’t a defender. 
    Maatsen IMO is quite clearly a wing back.

Purrington is a conventional full back, a solid defender.

The manager has said he is looking for tall lads. 
    Given that, it is hardly surprising that we have not signed him.
    Did we want him back, did he even want to come back, clearly fancied a step up in leagues as well as Chelsea, sure he will do fine there as well.
  • Has anyone spoke to any footballer's relatives yet? Usually a good place for a source
  • Maatsen is off to Coventry. Back to the drawing board for Gallen and Roody.

Not really we were told in June after we made an approach that Chelsea wanted him to go to a championship side .. 
  • edited July 2021

Not really we were told in June after we made an approach that Chelsea wanted him to go to a championship side .. 
    You could have told this then oh wise all knowing font of knowledge.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm surprised how many likes another "one more done, no other info" gets still. There is zero useful information in this whatsoever. Remember the same was said a few weeks back and the player allegedly failed a medical. 

I just keep an eye out for the DONE DEAL on newsnow.
  • Maatsen is off to Coventry. Back to the drawing board for Gallen and Roody.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-certainly-interested-in-loan-returns-for-liverpool-and-chelsea-loanees/ if you mean this article that's not what he said at all is it? Another 2+2=5.
  • mendonca said:
    I'm surprised how many likes another "one more done, no other info" gets still. There is zero useful information in this whatsoever. Remember the same was said a few weeks back and the player allegedly failed a medical. 

You’re behind the times, it’s all about frantically refreshing the official Twitter account.
  • mendonca said:
    I'm surprised how many likes another "one more done, no other info" gets still. There is zero useful information in this whatsoever. Remember the same was said a few weeks back and the player allegedly failed a medical. 

One more done, no other info...
    Bit predictable eh Airman.... B)
  • Got a feeling that Rich is relieved its all done

Andy Delort is signing?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Got a feeling that Rich is relieved its all done

Andy Delort is signing?
    Get yourself on the list @Dazzler21... B)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!