Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    Running out of time to announce the new sponsor "this week" aren't we?
    There's a load of hour left in the working day
  • I would be more surprised than dissapointed if we don't bring a forward in.  It feels this season might be weirder than the one hit by covid.

Football has been hit by long covid perhaps!
  • Kits are released on Monday, for those that are overly excited to learn of our new sponsor... so we'll know by then at least. 
  • I just think the sponsor will be an indicator of where TS is at in terms of realising his dreams and ambitions. I'm not expecting Amazon, Tesla or Google to be sponsoring us, but again I'd be worried if "Dave's pie shop" is emblazoned on the new kit
  • So which betting company are we going to have? 
  • Sage said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Sage said:
    Chunes said:
    Only two other teams scored more goals than us last season... And yet we still had a thread titled: "Where are the goals going to come from?"

More of the same.
    3 other teams scored more than us last season.

We have lost our top scorer who got 15, but also because of his presence caused us to score more goals even if it wasn’t him putting the ball in the back of the net.

Take out that contribution of just Aneke’s goals and we would have had 55, only 8 teams scoring fewer.

We won’t get near the total of goals we scored last season with the current 4 strikers. Davison is not Aneke. We need to bring in a striker and would be very disappointed if we don’t.
    But we wouldn't have been playing with ten men without Aneke, and whoever would have replaced him would have chipped in.
    Still pretty sure we'll bring in a striker/winger.
    Not necessarily, we had Bogle and Smyth remember, neither were of the required standard either. Just because we have someone else doesn’t mean they’re going to be good enough or replace that impact.
    Yeah, actually Aneke did have a very good goals per minute ratio. I wonder if Josh Parker was available?
  • Maccn05 said:
    So so two weeks ago everyone was saying we shouldn’t sign Mullen (L2’s top scorer) as he was a one season wonder but now we’re happy to have Davison - a no season wonder who wasn’t scoring or even good enough to start for a promotion chasing FGR…. How does that work happy clappers?

He’s a physical presence and a willing runner but in the 5 or 6 games I seen him in it’s clear he’s not a natural finisher and doesn’t have any guile to his game.

Adkins is telling us he’s in the squad because we can’t afford to buy an Eisa (bid confirmed by Darragh) but MK can. We are doing this on the cheap.

If Jayden is injured and JD starts we aren’t going up and we also have nothing off the bench to change or save a game. 

Let’s hope we sign our Malik Wilks 
    I wouldn’t be happy with Mullin or Davison, however I’m not completely writing Davison off or seeing it as proof that we won’t sign/loan a better striker, perhaps one who can also play wide - maybe our Malik Wilks as you say.

I don’t see how not signing Eisa is proof we’re doing anything on the cheap. Cawley said we weren’t in for him and there are other players out there, including some who are probably better value for money.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    "Kit sponsors: Charlton and Charlton Athletic Women’s kit sponsors for the 2021/22 season are set to be confirmed this week"

Doesn't say announced does it?

If they did the kit photos yesterday I would say it has been confirmed, wouldn't you? 
    Agreed. if the reveal is Monday, the sponsor deal is likely already done. 

- Kit reveal: 

The club’s kit reveal photography is set to take place towards the end of this week. There will still be work to be done following the initial photography which means the first kit to be revealed will take place on Monday, July 26th

• Sponsored links:

• Will be disappointed if we don't bolster the front line with someone else. When Grant went to Crawley he tore league 2 apart, and then came back to us on form. Davison started well at Woking, then fizzled out, and didn't do amazing things at Forest Green. I'm sure he's a capable League One striker, but I'm not sure I'd have him as back up for a side that's supposedly chasing top 2. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    "Kit sponsors: Charlton and Charlton Athletic Women’s kit sponsors for the 2021/22 season are set to be confirmed this week"

If they did the kit photos yesterday I would say it has been confirmed, wouldn't you? 

- Kit reveal: 

The club’s kit reveal photography is set to take place towards the end of this week. There will still be work to be done following the initial photography which means the first kit to be revealed will take place on Monday, July 26th

How would you feel if it was the same sponsor as last season?
  • Let the meltdown begin - it’s clearly proof TS has no money and can’t attract a good sponsor.
  • The logo is going to look awful on a red shirt isn’t it
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Pipe down bed wetters of the world
    I could be wrong but didn't they say a multi-million pound deal at the end of last year?
  • PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:

- Kit reveal: 

How would you feel if it was the same sponsor as last season?
    Kind of already knew it was Swisdom's deal 

He dropped a hint or two. 
  • Vfrf said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I could be wrong but didn't they say a multi-million pound deal at the end of last year?
    I can’t remember exactly what was said but I don’t think it was specifically said that the deal you’re talking about was for the shirt sponsor?
  • Sponsored links:

• Anybody know how much the company is valued at?
  • Davison needs a good hair cut before he gets my support.
    Though a bad one would do.
  • edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    The logo is going to look awful on a red shirt isn’t it
    Didn't look bad last season. 

That looks decent. More worried about the yellow/blue combination of Walker Mower.
  • Scoham said:
    Vfrf said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I can’t remember exactly what was said but I don’t think it was specifically said that the deal you’re talking about was for the shirt sponsor?
    Just had a quick buzz through the EoY show and it's said as:
    "I've had people asking about sponsorships, and how we're moving forward... I'm delighted to say we're close to signing a groundbreaking deal which is a multi-million pound deal over 3-5 years with a new partner".
    Weird choice of words to say that in the context of sponsorships. The only thing I can think is if they're getting Charlton TV hosted on a USA network maybe? No idea really but the only thing I can think of that could bring millions in.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Laddick01 said:

That looks decent. More worried about the yellow/blue combination of Walker Mower.
    I imagine that'll be on the away kit. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Laddick01 said:

Each to their own, it's a shame becuase I was set on buying a shirt but any blue on red is just a horrible clash. Maybe if the logo was blended to the colour of the shirt but just can't see myself wanting this regardless of the design around it. Might go for the training one, thats a nice black shirt.
  • how wealthy is swisdom? :)

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!