Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• ✍️ Blackburn Rovers' transfer activity this summer...

IN

😳😳😳

OUT

Corry Evans (released)
    Lewis Holtby (released)
    Charlie Mulgrew (released)
    Elliott Bennett (released)
    Stewart Downing (released)
    Joe Grayson (released)
    Amari’i Bell (released)

Two weeks to go ⏰

Blackburn fans questioning their  club .. wonder what our fans reaction would be in this position .. overall think we have had a very good window so far with still 3/4 to come 

Difference being is Blackburn are an established Championship team. The majority of the players released are in their later years & back up players. Downing has retired) and they’ve kept their key player so far in Armstrong 

Its been stated na at times that the Championship is the league most struggling with the fallout from COVID.
  • paulfox said:
    Have to say I’m willing to see if Davison can be good for us, but most of the time I’ve seen him he’s been pretty average to poor. Runs around a lot but quality hasn’t quite been there. 
    Was definitely not ready for Championship football but to be fair he gave West Broms Centre backs a torrid time. 
    He was 19 when last played for us in a complete car crash of a squad.
    He's still now only 21, not many strikers are the finished article by 24/25.

I'm willing, and quite looking forward to seeing if he can step up.

Good luck to the lad. 
    Even as a player to come on and relentlessly chase the ball for 20 mins if we are a goal up he could be useful. As others have said he was brilliant against West Brom, on his own up against two CBs who both played regularly in the Prem last season. I think he will be fine at this level and certainly do a job.
    I don't think he was brilliant, hard work is overrated as a footballer, that should be the absolute minimum. 

As for the CBs he was up against they are both championship standard, well at least they were when we played them and based on them not getting moves for this season it seems that way. 

I like his attitude and want him to do well, but this should be nothing more than a development season for him. I.e. take Stockley off when there's a bit of the game left if we are up comfortably 
    And Adkins hasn't said anything more than that about Davison.  Just that he won't be going out on loan and will be around the  squad.  That was it. 

• LTKapal said:
    ✍️ Blackburn Rovers' transfer activity this summer...

IN

😳😳😳

OUT

Corry Evans (released)
    Lewis Holtby (released)
    Joe Grayson (released)
    Amari’i Bell (released)

Two weeks to go ⏰

Blackburn fans questioning their  club .. wonder what our fans reaction would be in this position .. overall think we have had a very good window so far with still 3/4 to come 

The girl im seeing is a Blackburn fan (unfortunate I know) I did wonder why she hadn't been all the usual excited about this window 
    She’s obviously getting all the excitement she needs from a Charlton Fan 😳
  • _MrDick said:
    LTKapal said:
    ✍️ Blackburn Rovers' transfer activity this summer...

IN

😳😳😳

OUT

Corry Evans (released)
    Lewis Holtby (released)
    Joe Grayson (released)
    Amari’i Bell (released)

Two weeks to go ⏰

The girl im seeing is a Blackburn fan (unfortunate I know) I did wonder why she hadn't been all the usual excited about this window 
    She’s obviously getting all the excitement she needs from a Charlton Fan 😳
    She does say the only thing more tragic than my cooking skills is the team I support and I can't really disagree can I considering the last 8 odd years. 
  • Another goal for Blackstenius at the Tokyo Olympics today.  And, despite the last minute foot injury, I don't think it is life-threatening.

Only 25, definitely works hard and certainly has an eye for goal.  Similar height to Davison ... and better hair.
  • edited July 2021
    Ferryman said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    PWADDICK said:

Probably made up but I’ll take anything at this point
    Done to death on page 138 onwards.  No point rehashing it all here. 
    30 games in last three years.

Chuks Aneke was involved in more games in one season.

Only for 20 minutes or so !
  • paulfox said:
    Have to say I’m willing to see if Davison can be good for us, but most of the time I’ve seen him he’s been pretty average to poor. Runs around a lot but quality hasn’t quite been there. 
    Was definitely not ready for Championship football but to be fair he gave West Broms Centre backs a torrid time. 

Good luck to the lad. 
    Even as a player to come on and relentlessly chase the ball for 20 mins if we are a goal up he could be useful. As others have said he was brilliant against West Brom, on his own up against two CBs who both played regularly in the Prem last season. I think he will be fine at this level and certainly do a job.
    I don't think he was brilliant, hard work is overrated as a footballer, that should be the absolute minimum. 

As for the CBs he was up against they are both championship standard, well at least they were when we played them and based on them not getting moves for this season it seems that way. 

I like his attitude and want him to do well, but this should be nothing more than a development season for him. I.e. take Stockley off when there's a bit of the game left if we are up comfortably 
    And Adkins hasn't said anything more than that about Davison.  Just that he won't be going out on loan and will be around the  squad.  That was it. 

I know which means we probably do need a striker, Washington can't lead the line, Schwartz almost definitely can't so it would leave Davison. If we insist on 433/4231 we do need another target man type I would imagine, can't rely on Stockley to deliver on his own imo. How do you find a player on Stockleys level though who is willing to come here who would be happy with that role and if we can even afford that with already having those 3. 

I guess this is why the defense should be the main focus now and that one playmaker. I expect us to be more Hull than Peterborough if we do go up and that would be absolutely fine 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Maccn05 said:
    And I stand by that. If we signed a striker tomorrow with the same stats in L2 everyone would be going nuts but because NA says he’s good we take it as gospel…. So yeah happy clappers.

TBH I’m bored of your constant put downs on anything I post and to others. Even on Twitter where I don’t follow you you interject on a thread with another sarky, patronising  comment… why bother? Insecurity maybe? Lack of self worth? Need to feel important?

Feel free to not interact with my occasional posts, I’ll do the same and you can concentrate on your silly tables 👍🏼 
    You are of course correct.  If we had signed a L2 forward with such stats there would be uproar. I got the same criticism for saying 'if they are good enough they are old enough'.

If you disagree the insults abound , ageist, IQ insults etc. Not one person but a whole tribe so to speak.  I think they hope to just make one give up. Don't give up. 

If Davison had been bought from FGR or on a free imagine the protests.
    That doesn't make him a bad player of course. 

However I can't see how a bloke scoring 32 goals in L2 isn't better than one who scores 5/6 pro rata.  

Or a the players we were in for in January are suddenly a bit meh. 

Have you ever watch Mullin play?   I don't mean his goals on Quest or YouTube I mean actually play. 
     Why can you never make a point, just ask 👉less questions. 

Quest doesn't count, You tube is off limits and as you ought to know because Mullin was only at Cambridge for 1 season . A season nobody could attend in essence. 

So what do you think and what does it matter ?

32 goals against 5 or 6. Not much in it yet the 16 Aneke scored is a huge total apparently.  

And you challenged my IQ ? Fxxxing cheek. 
    I ask because you seem convinced that he is good enough for league 1 and a promotion chasing league 1 club at that.  I wondered what great insight you had to why this would be the case.

I also have to ask why you keep banging on about him.   This time last year he was released by Tranmere because he wasn't good enough.   We had no interest in him, neither did Sunderland, Wigan, Ipswich, Portsmouth etc. 

You claim to not be able to see why he isn't highly thought of, I suggest the reason you can't see it because you haven't look any where other than the top goal scorers table. 
  • paulfox said:

Good luck to the lad. 

Exactly as I see it. He will get his chance in cup games and if he plays well in them then he may earn a place on the bench in league games. Josh is 21 (I think) and will improve. As a comparison Mullin scored 6 in 40 for Swindon at that age.
  • Sponsored links:

• Madger Gomes on the bench for us today
  • Madger Gomes is on the bench for us today.
  • No stockley...our need for another striker is clear. 
  • VFR4life said:
    As said many times my source is credible
    As much as I took this piss earlier what you’ve posted has been pretty spot on.

Has your source changed info on Edwards? Seems a strange situation especially with COVID.
  • Also stockley is missing as he is ill
  • I wonder if we will be seeing Madger Gomes today.
  • sam3110 said:
    Madger Gomes on the bench for us today
    Too small.
  • Sponsored links:

• If he ends up playing for us I will only call him "Todger"
  • Sorry, I'm now on a train from Cornwall to London and I never really learned how to cope with boredom.
  • Redrobo said:
    sam3110 said:
    Too small.

MADGER GOMES ON THE BENCH FOR US TODAY
    Just incase it's still too small:

MADGER GOMES ON THE BENCH FOR US TODAY.

• Dazzler21 said:
    Redrobo said:
    sam3110 said:
    Too small.

Hahaha how do you do that?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Redrobo said:
    sam3110 said:
    Too small.

Hahaha how do you do that?
    Use this button and select heading 1.

• What time is the Reading kick off.
  • Must be all but signed if they've named the trialist 
  • No Stockers! COVID or injury? Where’s Ronnie still MIA

so the wonder boy Davison starts. That’s how weak we are up top! A real concern 
  • If he ends up playing for us I will only call him "Todger"
    And obviously if he is not very tall it's going to "Little Todger".
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!