Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Laddick01 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I wonder if we'll just be getting rumours today or some actual announcements?
    Should be a good week :)
    Without giving away names, how do you rate the signings?

(Assuming you know who they are)
    Only know one is a defensive player and one a winger. Only name I have is of the winger and he will be a danger at this level for sure.
    Good stuff. Appreciate it.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Should be a good week :)
    Without giving away names, how do you rate the signings?

(Assuming you know who they are)
    Wait for the stat bank thread before raising players. As Russell slade said, be patient 😉
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Following your post last night, do you know the answer to this?
    No. But others seem to believe so. I was asking about other matters.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    shine166 said:
    Robinson came across like a proper twat in the interview shared above, no wonder he wants out. 
    didn't see too much wrong with it personally, just said what many fans say - if he wants to fight for his place then stay, if he wants out, then say so and he'll sell him
    Bit unprofessional really. Kind of conversation that should be had behind closed doors. Can see where Bow learned his media skills quite clearly in hindsight. 
    I heard a rumour that Bowyer haunts your dreams every night. It’s going to be ok 
  • edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Madger Gomes was very highly rated as a kid at Leeds but got lost in the Cellino years manager chaos.  Very good pedigree and still only 24 but no idea why he hardly played for Donny last season? 
    Left footed as well.

Since losing Doughty, Maddison, Oztumer and Maatsen plus JFC to injury we are desperately short of natural lefties. 
  • edited July 2021
    Still nothing on the OS, so stand down everybody, not a done deal...yet, all we have is a trialist, and someone we may be interested in, and we were doing so well on here as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Permanent or loans?
  • For once Cawley has not dampened our squibs and said "no, it is not happening". 
  • Haven't been told for definite any announcements, however one player very close to signing and two further players not far off.
    Can I be the first to say ....... underwhelmed? :smiley:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    MattF said:
    Oxford United midfielder Sean Clare is a player that #cafc are interested in. I know that there are reports elsewhere that a deal is close.

For those without twatter at work. 
    Sounds like Cawley isn't in the loop anymore. Reporting that others are saying a deal is close
  • If we get him in, Gallen et al have adopted the CharltonLife transfer scanner of players that used to previously be at the club. :-)
  • Sean clare has signed reported on team talk.
  • edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MattF said:
    Oxford United midfielder Sean Clare is a player that #cafc are interested in. I know that there are reports elsewhere that a deal is close.

Sounds like Cawley isn't in the loop anymore. Reporting that others are saying a deal is close
    More likely Cawley knows more than he is saying, and knows no deal is all that close at all, just ridiculing the "others".
  • Sponsored links:

• Cawley saying that we are interested in so he must know this, he used @cafc
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    MattF said:

How is that your takeaway from that tweet?

Other places have reported our interested in players, and he has been quick to douse those. I take his tweet to mean that he knows about it, and this is very much nearly done. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    MattF said:

I dont think many are in the loop anymore, not with a feed directly to the club anyway

Hence why the genuine rumours on here have been so few and far between
  • Clare very much part of the burton side that morphed into Barcelona’08 back end of the season if I’m not mistaken.  Young, played quite a lot of games, versatile (according to wiki), quite like the sound of this one.
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sean-clare/leistungsdaten/spieler/425456/plus/0?saison=2020

Looks like Oxford stuck him out on the right (TransferMarkt confirms he played Right-Back against us in that 2-0 defeat)

Burton on the other hand kept him a lot more central.
  • WIOTOS 
    Wrong thread  ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!