Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    arny23394 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I love doing these... 

4-2-3-1 
    MacGillivray
    Matthews - Inniss - Famewo - Purrington
    Dobson - Clare
    Edwards - Washington - Jaiyesimi
    Stockley

Subs: AMB, Gunter, Pearce, Oguntayo, Gilbey, Morgan, Schwartz

Not much strength in depth, but a decent looking side. 
    Washington as a CAM. What have you been smoking this morning?
    More of a second striker actually. Not sure if you've watched football much, but the middle man in the attacking three often pushes up to play off the big number 9.
    Same position just a different name. Not really Washington’s game, I’d either want him wide or part of a front two.
    Reckon thats where we'll see him most of the time this season

It also doesnt make sense not to play him out wide at this stage as thats where he's been most of pre-season
    All fair points, but he did his best for us in a two where he played off Stockley/Aneke/Bogle/Bonne. I can't see Adkins going with a front two unless we're 3-5-2.

Personally think that advanced position may suit Albie, less need for the defensive side, we know he has the passing range and ability to play to the wings or the striker. 
    As the more advanced striker though, looking to run in behind, not from the 10 position.
  • VFR4life said:
    Madger Gomes from Donny aswell…
    Is he signing?
  • VFR4life said:
    Been/is on trial with Pompey. Played in various midfield roles for Doncaster without settling down into any of them.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/the-inside-track-on-portsmouth-triallist-and-ex-liverpool-and-leeds-midfielder-madger-gomes-doncaster-spell-3310993

Would be a strange one given it seems they didn’t want to keep him.
  • shine166 said:
    Robinson came across like a proper twat in the interview shared above, no wonder he wants out. 
    didn't see too much wrong with it personally, just said what many fans say - if he wants to fight for his place then stay, if he wants out, then say so and he'll sell him
  • edited July 2021
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    VFR4life said:
    Been/is on trial with Pompey. Played in various midfield roles for Doncaster without settling down into any of them.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/the-inside-track-on-portsmouth-triallist-and-ex-liverpool-and-leeds-midfielder-madger-gomes-doncaster-spell-3310993

I mean they were thirsty for Bogle too remember, so their judgement can definitely be brought into question. 
  • shine166 said:
    Robinson came across like a proper twat in the interview shared above, no wonder he wants out. 
    didn't see too much wrong with it personally, just said what many fans say - if he wants to fight for his place then stay, if he wants out, then say so and he'll sell him
    Bit unprofessional really. Kind of conversation that should be had behind closed doors. Can see where Bow learned his media skills quite clearly in hindsight. 
  • probably had enough of players/agents calling the shots - and rightly so
  • Scoham said:
    VFR4life said:

I think that's how it's going to be all window. Teams seem terrified of letting any players they like go because it's hard to get replacements in; having the player is worth more than the money you'd get. I think there will be a lot of trading of players who don't fit in somewhere but might fit in elsewhere or need a fresh start at a new club. Doesn't have to be a bad thing, players like Michael Morrison, Ben Hamer  and Yann just needed a new environment, and we've moved on a fair few who've gone on to do the same. It'll be an interesting window by the end
  • Yes, I've just heard Sean Clare. Seems we are building a promotion team from other league one cast offs.
    12 Oxford players currently self-isolating for ten days, just our luck Clare will be one of them.
  • _MrDick said:
    RedRobin said:

Just seen this post on Twitter, ex West Brom striker apaz on trial with us. 
    Bloody hell, a rumour. I nearly dropped my Pina Colada and fell off my Sunbed 
    piña colada - please don’t come on here making up names of drinks.
    When you’re from South East London, trust me, it’s a Pina Colada …. Rodney 
  • edited July 2021
    I wonder if we'll just be getting rumours today or some actual announcements?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Well McGillivray and Dobson came out of next to nowhere to be strongly linked to be signed in pretty quick succession so hopefully we'll get something over the line within a day or two.

If the pattern holds true that is...
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Should be a good week :)
    Without giving away names, how do you rate the signings?

(Assuming you know who they are)
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Should be a good week :)
    If this happens, out of excitement, I am going to come and rub my sweaty *double jabbed* body all over you.. 
    Christ, now the rumours really will dry up if this is a prospect!!
  • Madger Gomes was very highly rated as a kid at Leeds but got lost in the Cellino years manager chaos.  Very good pedigree and still only 24 but no idea why he hardly played for Donny last season? 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Following your post last night, do you know the answer to this?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!