Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Chunes said:
    Considering he was crowbarred into playing RB at Oxford, I'll take their assessment with a pinch of salt. 
    Most of them seem to see has promise, a lot of the negative views appear to be tongue in cheek. 
  • Was Clare playing at RB for Oxford against us at the Valley? If so, I remember being very impressed with his ability to get up and down the flank, caused problems. Obviously that's not particularly relevant if he's a midfielder and will only be used as RB cover. 
    He definitely played against us for Oxford in that 2-0 loss
    Thanks, looks like he did play RB that game, I thought he was decent. Bit of pace and a physical presence too bt one game means nothing admittedly, especially out of position. 
  • Two good rumours/ possibilities there.

Edwards to make up that second winger that's needed, think he was highly rated? (But might be getting confused with Rekeem Harper - not a rumour Daz) 

Clare, don't remember from playing against us last season tbh, but sounds like a box to box/ Dobson alternative. Even if he was a "cast off" (from a team that had a better season than us!)  you need a balanced squad, something we've barely had the last few seasons.

If they come in I'd see it as these being left to fill:

AM/ playmaker - someone to play around attacking spots and deep, bit like we did with Williams last year.... but better.
    RCB
    FWD
    LB
    Anything left, GK
  • Well something needs to happen in the next couple of days. The playing side of pre season with respect to building a cohesive team unit couldn’t have gone much worse. We really can’t afford to have an indifferent start as every point will be important. Not saying it’s anyone’s fault but it really does need to come together this week. I can’t imagine Nigel is that happy.

Look around how many quality signings have happened in league one .. anyone can bring in has beens looks good we signed 10 players but there all shite or you wait for quality .. I know I would rather have .. Nigel will know how hard SG and team as worked and the frustration of player power sure he is very happy with what we done 

Edwards to make up that second winger that's needed, think he was highly rated? (But might be getting confused with Rekeem Harper - not a rumour Daz) 

Clare, don't remember from playing against us last season tbh, but sounds like a box to box/ Dobson alternative. Even if he was a "cast off" (from a team that had a better season than us!)  you need a balanced squad, something we've barely had the last few seasons.

AM/ playmaker - someone to play around attacking spots and deep, bit like we did with Williams last year.... but better.
    RCB
    FWD
    LB
    Anything left, GK
    Defo need at least 3 wingers if we're going to play 433 so I'd a winger to those 4. 
  • _MrDick said:
    RedRobin said:

Just seen this post on Twitter, ex West Brom striker apaz on trial with us. 
    Bloody hell, a rumour. I nearly dropped my Pina Colada and fell off my Sunbed 
    Keep reading for surprise two. 

RCB
    FWD
    LB
    Anything left, GK
    Defo need at least 3 wingers if we're going to play 433 so I'd a winger to those 4. 

I see Adkins as liking an "alt" wide player on one side, so would expect that last wide position to be an AM sitting wide.

DJ  - Washington
    Edwards - AM 

That's only based on his Saints formation days though, where it was puncheon one side and Lallana/ Rodriguez on the other.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I love doing these... 

4-2-3-1 
    MacGillivray
    Matthews - Inniss - Famewo - Purrington
    Dobson - Clare
    Edwards - Washington - Jaiyesimi
    Stockley

Subs: AMB, Gunter, Pearce, Oguntayo, Gilbey, Morgan, Schwartz

Not much strength in depth, but a decent looking side. 
    I have never even heard of Sean Clare so no idea if he gets into a promotion winning side or not tbh.

My gut feel is in years gone by we would have had players like Dobson and Clare as squad fillers. But maybe i dont know enough about them. Are they the equivalent of the likes of Hollands, Wiggins and Stephens that we really need to be aiming for?
  • Sponsored links:

• Edwards looks an interesting player from that video , pacey direct winger that could be ideal opposite DJ. 

Clare looks to be a solid breaker to sit alongside Dobson , do think we need a creator in a 4231 though 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I love doing these... 

4-2-3-1 
    MacGillivray
    Dobson - Clare
    Stockley

Still feel as though we need more of a creative force in midfield

Else our game plan of getting out wide and crossing to Stockley will become very predictable
  • edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    I love doing these... 

4-2-3-1 
    MacGillivray
    Dobson - Clare
    Stockley

Else our game plan of getting out wide and crossing to Stockley will become very predictable
    I was torn as to whether to put Morgan/Gilbey in where Wash is. I think it would be justifiable. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Edwards looks an interesting player from that video , pacey direct winger that could be ideal opposite DJ. 

Clare looks to be a solid breaker to sit alongside Dobson , do think we need a creator in a 4231 though 
    I think that 4231 id have Gilbey over Washington, he paired up well with Stockley last seasone with some decent runs but I agree I’d rather a creative player.

Ironically a Mo Eisa type with a low centre of gravity and flair but not actually him as he’s nowhere near 500k.
  • Well something needs to happen in the next couple of days. The playing side of pre season with respect to building a cohesive team unit couldn’t have gone much worse. We really can’t afford to have an indifferent start as every point will be important. Not saying it’s anyone’s fault but it really does need to come together this week. I can’t imagine Nigel is that happy.

Look around how many quality signings have happened in league one .. anyone can bring in has beens looks good we signed 10 players but there all shite or you wait for quality .. I know I would rather have .. Nigel will know how hard SG and team as worked and the frustration of player power sure he is very happy with what we done 
    There may well be a general climate of difficulty in bringing in players. I’m not denying that. What I’m saying is that it’s causing us a big problem. I don’t care about what Sunderland and Ipswich are doing. Only us. Our preparations are affected by not having a squad together at this point. Including loans we still need 7 players ? Every day that those perms are not in and training at Sparrows is decreasing our chances of getting off to a good start. There was a comment last week from someone (?) that hinted at a certain amount of disillusionment at The Valley. No idea if that’s got anything to do with getting bodies in or about the new harsh toilet paper or even if it’s true but I’m certain that Nigel would be happier having his squad bigger with less than three weeks until Sheffield Wednesday rock up. 
  • _MrDick said:
    RedRobin said:

Just seen this post on Twitter, ex West Brom striker apaz on trial with us. 
    Bloody hell, a rumour. I nearly dropped my Pina Colada and fell off my Sunbed 
    piña colada - please don’t come on here making up names of drinks.
  • Vfrf said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Edwards looks an interesting player from that video , pacey direct winger that could be ideal opposite DJ. 

I think that 4231 id have Gilbey over Washington, he paired up well with Stockley last seasone with some decent runs but I agree I’d rather a creative player.

Ironically a Mo Eisa type with a low centre of gravity and flair but not actually him as he’s nowhere near 500k.
    Yeah someone with a bit of flair that could add a few goals would be perfect in that role.

Gilbey could be a possible option as he did work well off of Stockley. 
  • edited July 2021
    arny23394 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I love doing these... 

4-2-3-1 
    MacGillivray
    Dobson - Clare
    Stockley

Washington as a CAM. What have you been smoking this morning?
    More of a second striker actually. Thinking he could be the middle man in the attacking three that often pushes up to play off the big number 9.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I love doing these... 

4-2-3-1 
    MacGillivray
    Dobson - Clare
    Stockley

I was torn as to whether to put Morgan/Gilbey in where Wash is. I think it would be justifiable. 
    Washington as a number 10... is it your turn to be on something :)
  • Maccn05 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I love doing these... 

4-2-3-1 
    MacGillivray
    Dobson - Clare
    Stockley

Washington as a number 10... is it your turn to be on something :)
    I am in an extremely warm, end of garden office... so maybe. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    arny23394 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I love doing these... 

4-2-3-1 
    MacGillivray
    Dobson - Clare
    Stockley

More of a second striker actually. Not sure if you've watched football much, but the middle man in the attacking three often pushes up to play off the big number 9.
    Same position just a different name. Not really Washington’s game, I’d either want him wide or part of a front two.
  • Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    arny23394 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I love doing these... 

4-2-3-1 
    MacGillivray
    Dobson - Clare
    Stockley

More of a second striker actually. Not sure if you've watched football much, but the middle man in the attacking three often pushes up to play off the big number 9.
    Same position just a different name. Not really Washington’s game, I’d either want him wide or part of a front two.
    Reckon thats where we'll see him most of the time this season

It also doesnt make sense not to play him out wide at this stage as thats where he's been most of pre-season
  • Madger Gomes from Donny aswell…
  • QPR linked with Kai Garande. I think he's one of the second year u18s we released in the summer after not offering a pro contract.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-qpr-line-up-move-for-charlton-athletic-player/
  • edited July 2021
    Scoham said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    arny23394 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I love doing these... 

4-2-3-1 
    MacGillivray
    Dobson - Clare
    Stockley

Reckon thats where we'll see him most of the time this season

It also doesnt make sense not to play him out wide at this stage as thats where he's been most of pre-season
    All fair points, but he did his best for us in a two where he played off Stockley/Aneke/Bogle/Bonne. (Scored 9 of 11 in a front 2, the others were in a 4-3-3 and 3-4-3) I can't see Adkins going with a front two unless we're 3-5-2.

Personally think that advanced position may suit Albie, less need for the defensive side, we know he has the passing range and ability to play to the wings or the striker. 
  • Scoham said:
    Why don’t Oxford want him? Not to say he’s not any good, but seems a little strange
    Robinson sounds like he wants to keep him.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/19367382.karl-robinson-urges-sean-clare-prove-midfield-role/
    that was written back in June, looks like Clare has told him he wants to leave.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!