Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• 5'8" described as exciting, pacy and has great ball control
  • Was apparently recently on trial at Reading. Is also more of a winger than a striker 
  • RedRobin said:

Just seen this post on Twitter, ex West Brom striker apaz on trial with us. 
    played for Reading on trial last week, seems more on a wide player than a striker, can play on either flank. At last a proper rumour though.
  • Looks a proper prospect, replacement for Millar 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dizzle said:
    Was apparently recently on trial at Reading. Is also more of a winger than a striker 
    Makes sense in as much as Washington is a striker who can also play out wide, and DJ is a wide forward who can cut in. If we assume Stockley is the big target man, this makes sense 
  • Hoorah a rumour

Also great to finally have a triallist, I'm still baffled why our 3 games so far have had no triallists, especially as the 1st team squad is stretched at the moment. Yes the academy players need games as well, but don't they normally have their own pre season matches?
  • Hoorah a rumour

Also great to finally have a triallist, I'm still baffled why our 3 games so far have had no triallists, especially as the 1st team squad is stretched at the moment. Yes the academy players need games as well, but don't they normally have their own pre season matches?
    maybe it's a Covid thing?
  • Looks a decent two footed winger, video was fine and lets see where this all goes, right that's the rumour out of the way for today... now what's everyone having for lunch today, I'm off for a pub lunch myself. B)
  • Sean Clare anyone?
  • Hoorah a rumour

maybe it's a Covid thing?
    In so much that we've got people with Covid so trialists didn't want to come here? Because almost every other club have had trialists in preseason so far
  • Sponsored links:

• The thread now does what it says on the tin!!!
  • edited July 2021

I'm not aware of this player, but interesting that Robinson tried to convert him to a right-back. Doesn't sound too happy in the quotes!

ed - Oh I've got that wrong, he joined Oxford as a right-back, and Robinson played him as an 8? I wonder where we're looking to play him then.

Also reading that he's a penalty taker, which we need.

• Sean Clare anyone?
    Came through our academy I think. Attacking player I think. Was impressed when I saw him play against us last season. 
  • edited July 2021
    RedRobin said:
    Sean Clare anyone?
    Came through our academy I think. Attacking player I think. Was impressed when I saw him play against us last season. 
    Says as much on his Wiki page - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Clare

And here... https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/sean-clare-gillingham-charlton-return-157705/

Although going by the later am not sure if he decided to quit the Academy or whether we released him
  • Played against us for Oxford at The Valley last season and then against us for Burton at The Valley when he joined them on loan
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!