Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• According to Wiki Clare was with us as a youngster. 
  • Clare played with Conor Washington at Hearts.
  • Is he a holding midfielder or more of a box to box midfielder? I have no recollection of him from when we played Burton
  • Chunes said:

I'm not aware of this player, but interesting that Robinson tried to convert him to a right-back. Doesn't sound too happy in the quotes!

ed - Oh I've got that wrong, he joined Oxford as a right-back, and Robinson played him as an 8? I wonder where we're looking to play him then.

Also reading that he's a penalty taker, which we need.

I think you were right first time round! He's a midfielder first

However, Karl Robinson tried to switch him to right-back away from his natural midfield berth.
  • edited July 2021
    Kyle Edwards is 23, has played 122 games and contributed with 25 goal interactions 13 goals 12 assists. 
  • edited July 2021
    Chunes said:

I'm not aware of this player, but interesting that Robinson tried to convert him to a right-back. Doesn't sound too happy in the quotes!

ed - Oh I've got that wrong, he joined Oxford as a right-back, and Robinson played him as an 8? I wonder where we're looking to play him then.

However, Karl Robinson tried to switch him to right-back away from his natural midfield berth.
    Oh right... On the Oxford website it says he joined them as an attacking right-back, which is confusing.
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Oh right... On the Oxford website it says he joined them as an attacking right-back, which is confusing.
    Robinson played him out of position, he should be a number 8 CM.
  • Is he a holding midfielder or more of a box to box midfielder? I have no recollection of him from when we played Burton
    If Robinson is calling him an 8 he is box to boxish.  Or what we would call 20 years ago a "midfielder".
  • Sponsored links:

• Like the sound of both of these two...will they happen Is the question
  • Chunes said:

Shame we don't still have Bowyer here, he could have moved him around a bit.
  • Rumours are like buses 
    Generally late and never there when you really need them...until now it seems....
  • edited July 2021
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Is he a holding midfielder or more of a box to box midfielder? I have no recollection of him from when we played Burton
    If Robinson is calling him an 8 he is box to boxish.  Or what we would call 20 years ago a "midfielder".
    And in 20 years we’ll call him an attacking box to box inverted false 8.

Sorry, just feeling delirious after coming on here to find a couple of actual rumours. And they’ve not been linked with us before.
  • Was Clare playing at RB for Oxford against us at the Valley? If so, I remember being very impressed with his ability to get up and down the flank, caused problems. Obviously that's not particularly relevant if he's a midfielder and will only be used as RB cover. 
  • Some neat footwork that by Stockley! Don't try it Ryan, stay safe "Bruv".
  • Sponsored links:

• Was Clare playing at RB for Oxford against us at the Valley? If so, I remember being very impressed with his ability to get up and down the flank, caused problems. Obviously that's not particularly relevant if he's a midfielder and will only be used as RB cover. 
    He definitely played against us for Oxford in that 2-0 loss

• Post from the guy that has mentioned Edwards. Apaz Reading weren’t interested.
  • RedRobin said:

Post from the guy that has mentioned Edwards. Apaz Reading weren’t interested.
    Might have been the transfer embargo that stopped them from signing him
  • Kyle Hakeem Edwards (born 17 February 1998) is a professional footballer and musician who most recently played for Premier League club West Bromwich Albion as a forward.

Think we can all guess why Sandgaard wants him...
    He needs a drummer?
  • RedRobin said:
    Sean Clare anyone?
    Came through our academy I think. Attacking player I think. Was impressed when I saw him play against us last season. 
    Hackney boy caused us all sorts of problems playing for Burton … 
  • I know nothing about Edwards but I'd be happy with Sean Clare, looked a good player in the second half of the season for Burton. 
  • RedRobin said:

Post from the guy that has mentioned Edwards. Apaz Reading weren’t interested.
    Reading can’t sign anyone 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!