Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• How reliable are these sources?

Still, two rumours to get our teeth into.
  • Value around 350,000 
  • Sean Clare anyone?
    Based on my football manager 19 save, no!!

does this make me as good (or poor) as Tommy D?
  • Sponsored links:

• Why don’t Oxford want him? Not to say he’s not any good, but seems a little strange
  • Swisdom said:
    Clare is 6'3" so full back might be a strange place to put him. 

From reading his figures on Wyscout he breaks up the play a lot - 14th highest number of "recoveries" in the division on average and 5th in the division for "counterpressing recoveries"

He keeps his passing short and frequently they are lateral as opposed to going forwards.  

He had 4 assists and 24 shots but just the one goal last season and featured in 37 league games and picked up 13 bookings in that time

Looks to me like a clone of Pratley but a bit more mobile.  Don't expect frills and fancy stuff but do expect a few crunching tackles...and a few late ones.
    Taken from the YellowsForum (Oxford Life)

• Why don’t Oxford want him? Not to say he’s not any good, but seems a little strange
    Robinson sounds like he wants to keep him.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/19367382.karl-robinson-urges-sean-clare-prove-midfield-role/
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    At least Sean Clare will be fit and ready to go, he played for Oxford on Saturday. 
    Similar player to Dobson , but can cover right back position  .
  • A few more... Seems like Robinson and Bowyer both like putting players out of position:

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    I don't think they rate Robinson all that much either. 

• RedRobin said:

Post from the guy that has mentioned Edwards. Apaz Reading weren’t interested.
    I’m getting old. Keep seeing you say ‘Apaz’ on this thread and thought that was a rumoured players name! 
    Sorry mate 😂 I’ll ensure I say apparently I’m the future, unless we do sign a player called ‘Apaz’ 😂😂
  • Quite entertaining reading some of the replies. 
  • No denial by Cawley yet, it must be happening  ;)
  • J BLOCK said:
    shine166 said:
    Robinson came across like a proper twat in the interview shared above, no wonder he wants out. 
    Thought the same thing. Very childish, very bowyer like 
    I'd take happy clappy, the birds are singing have a lovely walk... over that, every day of the week. 
  • Davo55 said:
    Hoping for the best........................preparing for the worst.

I have a feeling that we are going to start the season with a squad weaker than what we finished with. Also waiting for the news that "Ronnie has looked sharp and committed in training so we feel we do not need to sign another striker"

Totally agree, not even replaced Aneka let along made any actual improvements to the team. Just a couple of like for likes. As for revamping the squad with young hungry players to play a high pressing game, it's just not going to happen is it. 
    Aneka is irreplaceable

TRIC Awards 2020 - Red Carpet Arrivals  News Photo
    That smile says 'hid the knives to me. '
  • Well something needs to happen in the next couple of days. The playing side of pre season with respect to building a cohesive team unit couldn’t have gone much worse. We really can’t afford to have an indifferent start as every point will be important. Not saying it’s anyone’s fault but it really does need to come together this week. I can’t imagine Nigel is that happy.

• Considering he was crowbarred into playing RB at Oxford, I'll take their assessment with a pinch of salt. 
  • Davo55 said:
    Hoping for the best........................preparing for the worst.

I have a feeling that we are going to start the season with a squad weaker than what we finished with. Also waiting for the news that "Ronnie has looked sharp and committed in training so we feel we do not need to sign another striker"

Totally agree, not even replaced Aneka let along made any actual improvements to the team. Just a couple of like for likes. As for revamping the squad with young hungry players to play a high pressing game, it's just not going to happen is it. 
    Aneka is irreplaceable

TRIC Awards 2020 - Red Carpet Arrivals  News Photo
    As Annabel Croft proved.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!