Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• RedRobin said:
    Probably to do with his song, hope we have signings lined up as it’s a lot of build up and I’m not too fussed about a song at this point 😂
    Either his song or the new kit.
    If that's the intro to his song I could have written it lol
  • Maybe that's why he bought us....an instant fan club
  • Scoham said:
    It had better be something significant otherwise the accusations of hyping up nothing will re emerge. Kit and sponsorship is my guess.
    The new season and his song I expect, he's used the hashtag #AddicksToVictory on his previous tweets about his song.
    To be fair, it does have our new signings Harry Kane and Kevin de Bruyne on backing vocals, while Cristiano Ronaldo lays down a mean bass line
  • The sponsor is due to be revealed this week, the kit not until next Monday
    Prepare to be underwhelmed.

#AddicksToVictory he's used the hashtag again. Those distorted drums sound nasty, i don't even know what they are. Hopefully he's fixed the issue after the third beat.

Anyway, i'm really intrigued to hear this song. It sounds like he's got some talent involved. 
  • I’m sure he’s just saying the season starts soon.
  • Is that the sound of them shooting our sick and wounded?
  • edited July 2021
    It certainly refreshing for a owner to put so much effort into the club. One extreme to the other from Roland’s time 
  • Nothing to get excited about signings wise in that video IMO.

Think he's literally just hyping the start of the season.

Stand down!!
  • Nothing to get excited about signings wise in that video IMO.

Stand down!!
    I'm not so sure. TS is shrewd and has his finger on the pulse I think and he will be fully aware there is a bit of unrest by the lack of signings. I think ( or hope ) it's the countdown to some announcements
  • Sponsored links:

• AndyG said:
    Nothing to get excited about signings wise in that video IMO.

Stand down!!
    I'm not so sure. TS is shrewd and has his finger on the pulse I think and he will be fully aware there is a bit of unrest by the lack of signings. I think ( or hope ) it's the countdown to some announcements
    It's not, it's just a build up to the first game. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    My source's have suggested the following

We are "aggressively and imaginatively" pursuing:

A left back
    A center back
    A center mid
    A winger

We are also after  players for

Another center mid
    Another winger
    A striker

The source of my source, if that makes sense, suggests that we might see what of the first 4 we can fill on loan and adjust the others accordingly.   This last paragraph is my take on it. 
    So we are aggressively pursuing 4 loan players?

Great......
  • …and imaginatively.
  • RedRobin said:
    Probably to do with his song, hope we have signings lined up as it’s a lot of build up and I’m not too fussed about a song at this point 😂
    Either his song or the new kit.
    The kit release has been announced. 
  • Think it will be his song. 
  • edited July 2021
    …and imaginatively.
    What in a surrealist sense or in more of a cubist direction?

Cool
  • Cafc43v3r said:

A left back
    A center back
    A center mid
    A winger

Another center mid
    Another winger
    A striker

The source of my source, if that makes sense, suggests that we might see what of the first 4 we can fill on loan and adjust the others accordingly.   This last paragraph is my take on it. 
    I know it’s frowned on to complain but I imagine 100% of us think we need to get out of this league quickly and I don’t think we do without acquiring a lot more goals .  If we play 433/4231, which we played in most games under Adkins, I can only see Stockley scoring 15 goals .  
  • supaclive said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

A left back
    A center back
    A center mid
    A winger

Another center mid
    Another winger
    A striker

Great......
    It depends if we're trying to offer higher salary percentages than either L1 or Champ clubs... Easier to get young, fit quality for an affordable up front fee and salary. 

• supaclive said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

A left back
    A center back
    A center mid
    A winger

Another center mid
    Another winger
    A striker

Great......
    Not necessarily, putting it out there (I didn't hear it from a Charlton related source) might put the giddy up on other parties. It could be the same tactic as planting it in the local press. 
  • …and imaginatively.
    What in a surrealist sense or in more of a cubist direction?

Cool
    I think it has impressionist leanings, I heard Mike Yarwood was an early adopter of this method of pursuit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Come on then Thomas,  let's see your new guitar 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

A left back
    A center back
    A center mid
    A winger

Another center mid
    Another winger
    A striker

I think that's absolutely perfect to be honest. Allows us 2 players for every position in a 433 (counting Washington as a LW), with an extra CM (only sort of as JFC long term injured) plus an extra striker. 
  • PaddyP17 said:
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Rothko said:
    I forgot this is the first window without Freedom of Movement, which is mainly a restriction for EFL teams, as Premier League clubs can buy in the exempted group 
    Without doing any sort of research I'd say that League 1 squads are probably 95% made up with British players. 

I dont think not being able to pick up a player from Estonia, Belgium or Spain is the reason why we haven't signed that many players......
    We signed someone???

Shortest hiatus ever Golfie ;)
    Sorry.....just cant keep away.

It's a drug & I'm hooked  !!
    You could always ask the mods for a time out 😉
    That reminds about Seth Plum. Does anyone know if he's still banned or is he taking a voluntary leave of absence? 
    @PaddyP17 might be prepared to shed some light 🤔.

RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:
    Rothko said:
    I forgot this is the first window without Freedom of Movement, which is mainly a restriction for EFL teams, as Premier League clubs can buy in the exempted group 
    Without doing any sort of research I'd say that League 1 squads are probably 95% made up with British players. 

I dont think not being able to pick up a player from Estonia, Belgium or Spain is the reason why we haven't signed that many players......
    We signed someone???

Shortest hiatus ever Golfie ;)
    Sorry.....just cant keep away.

It's a drug & I'm hooked  !!
    You could always ask the mods for a time out 😉
    That reminds about Seth Plum. Does anyone know if he's still banned or is he taking a voluntary leave of absence? 
    @PaddyP17 might be prepared to shed some light 🤔.
    I don't suppose it's any of my business but I did quite liked Seth's posts. Not that I usually agreed with him but I appreciated that he wasn't worried about filtering his opinions.
    AFKA mentioned a little while ago that Seth was indeed restricted from posting.

However it is disappointing in the extreme that there has been zero communication with Seth, from any of the mod team, since the ban was issued, despite him emailing in to clarify what's up. (He was going to be contacted within seven days according to the most recent email and it's now been a couple of months)
    Have you also given them a nudge/prod/reminder/complaint or just gone straight in there with this very public calling out?

This heat is getting to too many of us, I fear.
    Seth has, yeah.

I've just posted this cos I was tagged earlier, someone said I'd have an insight, and that's true - and I remember a little while ago AFKA had addressed this publicly so c'est la.
  • Hoping for the best........................preparing for the worst.

I have a feeling that we are going to start the season with a squad weaker than what we finished with. Also waiting for the news that "Ronnie has looked sharp and committed in training so we feel we do not need to sign another striker"

Totally agree, not even replaced Aneka let along made any actual improvements to the team. Just a couple of like for likes. As for revamping the squad with young hungry players to play a high pressing game, it's just not going to happen is it. 
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Anyway, for an actual rumour - I believe a right-sided centre back is due this week, but neither the person I know nor myself has any clue. I think it'll genuinely be a player we've not seen mentioned. Nor do I know whether it would be a loan or a permanent, so have at that probable bollocks lmao
    That’ll do for me.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Im guessing this is a lot of work for someome which is why it hasn't been done but is there any chance we can have a bite size rumours thread or an actual rumours thread , for the casual punter who likes a quick check up every now and then without having to scroll through 6 pages of moaning about being no rumours, fish puns, bitching,drooling over ex players and general chit chat
    Aliwibble did it but she's still suffering from long covid.
    Anyway, there are no rumours at all.
    Really ??? I hadn't seen that mentioned, hope she's well on the road to recovery.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Im guessing this is a lot of work for someome which is why it hasn't been done but is there any chance we can have a bite size rumours thread or an actual rumours thread , for the casual punter who likes a quick check up every now and then without having to scroll through 6 pages of moaning about being no rumours, fish puns, bitching,drooling over ex players and general chit chat
    Aliwibble did it but she's still suffering from long covid.
    Anyway, there are no rumours at all.
    Really ??? I hadn't seen that mentioned, hope she's well on the road to recovery.
    Unfortunately she's still struggling and has said so (so I'm not breaking any confidences).
    Hopefully, she will gradually improve.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!