Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Sod me. Deji has his own thread and still manages to monopolise the rumours thread.
  • AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    RedRobin said:
    This rumour about disillusionment in the club has come from a post on another forum, just made up bollocks because some supporters are upset we’ve not made 10 new signings and spent millions, so something must be up! 
    A number of the "newer" posters oh here mainly offering transfer rumours are likely also on another forum.
    You can surmise as such by their writing style.
    Oh bloody hell as a new poster on here I hope we are not going to be the new target of the old guard until a real rumour occurs 😂😂😂
    You're not new :smile:
    Well that depends on what's classed as new mate lol

You're new if you joined CL after 2006.

Blimmin' Johnny Come Lateleys :smiley:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Can we get back to rumours? 

@Covered_End_Lad
    @Addicks59
    @ButtleJR
    @Cafc43v3r

You've all had info recently any updates or fresh takes?
    Nothing new, however what I was told last week sounded close enough to assume they would be announced this week, barring any last minute medical issues (again!).
    give us a clue lad, just a crumb, anything. Height, his star sign?
  • Oggy Red said:
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    RedRobin said:
    This rumour about disillusionment in the club has come from a post on another forum, just made up bollocks because some supporters are upset we’ve not made 10 new signings and spent millions, so something must be up! 
    A number of the "newer" posters oh here mainly offering transfer rumours are likely also on another forum.
    Oh bloody hell as a new poster on here I hope we are not going to be the new target of the old guard until a real rumour occurs 😂😂😂

Damn, missed the important cut off by 4 months 😉
  • edited July 2021
    mendonca said:
    Diego Poyet - 18 too. He played CM, in the Championship and a thin frame (back then).
    Lad is a beast now:

• PWADDICK said:
    Looks like Cawley has given up with replying to everyone asking about transfers under every article he posts
    Can't honestly blame him. Even if he does have anything (which these days is not a given anyway) it must be boring/exhausting going through all the names.
  • mendonca said:
    I think the next step for Deji will be a loan, even if an old fashioned 1-3 month period. 

I dunno. he's only 17. Best keep him in house for this season.

If it's thought he's ready to be loaned out, best he's sent somewhere local like Welling, for example.
    Then it won't disrupt his home life, or being with family and friends - important for many youngsters.

• Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    Diego Poyet - 18 too. He played CM, in the Championship and a thin frame (back then).
    Lad is a beast now:

Yep... No doubt he's been sticking himself with the juicy fruit. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    mendonca said:
    I think the next step for Deji will be a loan, even if an old fashioned 1-3 month period. 
    Has he even played for our u23s yet?  That must be the next step, when it comes. 
    Definitely. U23's with the view to a 'work experience' loan in January. 

I think we need to utilise our relationship with Welling and Dartford a bit more. With Covid hitting these clubs are going to struggle to build competitive squads. Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't we just send them the odd player for a game or two. If they've got small squads it's got to be worth chucking them a player for a month if they have an injury or two. 
    Just seen this post.

Young players (under 21, I believe) can be loaned out but at the same time available for U23 games with the parent club.
    Is it called a Development Loan or something like that?

• edited July 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    mendonca said:
    Has he even played for our u23s yet?  That must be the next step, when it comes. 
    Definitely. U23's with the view to a 'work experience' loan in January. 

I think we need to utilise our relationship with Welling and Dartford a bit more. With Covid hitting these clubs are going to struggle to build competitive squads. Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't we just send them the odd player for a game or two. If they've got small squads it's got to be worth chucking them a player for a month if they have an injury or two. 
    Just seen this post.

Young players (under 21, I believe) can be loaned out but at the same time available for U23 games with the parent club.
    Is it called a Development Loan or something like that?

It's "work experience" for scholars.  So they train and do the educational elements with us but can play men's football for "them". 
  • RedChaser said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I thought Cawley had ruled out Josh Sims? Decent enough player but not someone I remember us being linked with before. 

Why bring Sims in just to calm fans when we have a young lad Charlie Clayden know which one I would rather have in our team 

Okay I’ll bite 🙄. In the words of a famous tennis player ‘you cannot be serious’! I can’t recall Sims against us for Donny but he’s now 24, an England youth international with over 75 first team appearances for a few league clubs under his belt, over a third of those last season.

Clayden was plucked out of Orients disbanded youth team, aged 20 no league appearances, a late developer. Showed promise scoring in the first half Welling friendly who offered little competition. Not so good for the 2nd half against Dartford who offered a much sterner test. In fact I thought he should’ve mixed it up a bit rather than trying to be Roy of the Rovers. He’s got a lot to learn and a way to go if he is to get in the ‘team’ as you put it. 

Sims could do a job now, Clayden is one for the future and slowly introduced to the squad IMHO.

Good job we did not have the save attitude with players like Paul Walsh a d Robert Lee …

If we can’t blood young players in league one then we might as well close the academy and save millions of pounds each year 
    Times have changed.

Paul Walsh and Robert Lee belonged to an era 35/40 years ago, with small squads and less intensity in League games.
    Compare with the athletes and levels of fitness in most teams today.

Anyway, with youngsters today it's not just about skill or ability ...... they need to be strong enough, both physically and mentally.

• Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    Lad is a beast now:

Yep... No doubt he's been sticking himself with the juicy fruit. 

So everyone is on Cocaine, and the ones who aren’t on coke are on steroids, the uniting factor is they’re all narcissists…what a time to be alive!
  • Oggy Red said:
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    RedRobin said:

That's so unlucky. You'll never be part of The Clique now. :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• PWADDICK said:
    Looks like Cawley has given up with replying to everyone asking about transfers under every article he posts
    I don’t blame him 
  • Soloman-Otabor renegotating terms after failing medical due to his knee problem
  • edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said:

@Covered_End_Lad
    @Addicks59
    @ButtleJR
    @Cafc43v3r

Nothing new, however what I was told last week sounded close enough to assume they would be announced this week, barring any last minute medical issues (again!).
    Winger is a perm, will definitely improve us. 

The other is a defender, I am assuming a LB but wasn't given the name. No idea if loan or perm.
    Interesting re the LB as there's a rumour floating around today that Maatsen is coming back. Thanks for sharing.
  • Rumour/supposition
  • Doncaster fans really rate Sims by the way, they reckon he's good for a mid-table Championship move.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    RedRobin said:

That's so unlucky. You'll never be part of The Clique now. :smile:

You think that's unlucky, i missed it by 14 years, might as well give up now B)
  • So that's a Defender with a dodgy wing 
  • edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said:

@Covered_End_Lad
    @Addicks59
    @ButtleJR
    @Cafc43v3r

Winger is a perm, will definitely improve us. 

The other is a defender, I am assuming a LB but wasn't given the name. No idea if loan or perm.
    so he has a perm ay, lovely clue mate thank you, will start looking at all the wingers with curly hair now
    Not Mark Penfold is it? B)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!