Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Oggy Red said:
    No one is attacking him.
    They are simply correct his poor memory.

Yeah, but it's a Rumours thread.

The fella came up with some rumours. If some of them didn't come off for whatever reason, so what?
    That's the nature of a rumour.

We can all just make rumours up Oggy. 

I heard we are trying to resign Karlan Grant on loan as he’s out of favour at West Brom and they want to get a portion of his wages off the books but won’t let him go to a Championship club. Sunderland are interested but he favours coming back to London. 

There we go. Done. A rumour. Complete bollocks with no substance behind it though and if I’m going to pass my time making stuff up on the internet I should expect to be called out on it when it doesn’t come true. Especially if I’m then going to fabricate being right about things I wasn’t even right about.

This particular individual’s posts bear a lot of the hallmarks of previous posters who have eventually ended up banned from the site. I don’t think posters like this do anything to enrich the forum. Just my opinion. 
    This will be on Twitter by 8pm
  • Oggy Red said:
    No one is attacking him.

The fella came up with some rumours. If some of them didn't come off for whatever reason, so what?

I heard we are trying to resign Karlan Grant on loan as he’s out of favour at West Brom and they want to get a portion of his wages off the books but won’t let him go to a Championship club. Sunderland are interested but he favours coming back to London. 

There we go. Done. A rumour. Complete bollocks with no substance behind it though and if I’m going to pass my time making stuff up on the internet I should expect to be called out on it when it doesn’t come true. Especially if I’m then going to fabricate being right about things I wasn’t even right about.

This particular individual’s posts bear a lot of the hallmarks of previous posters who have eventually ended up banned from the site. I don’t think posters like this do anything to enrich the forum. Just my opinion. 
    Yeah, it will be Cawley saying its a non starter. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    No one is attacking him.

That's fair enough, Exiled. I get what you are saying.

But it seems to me that there are many posters who read a rumour on here; and when it doesn't materialise into a signing within 24hrs or whatever, go ballistic attacking the poster/TS/the club in general/or whoever conveniently is at hand.

A rumour is only a bit of gossip/chinese whispers/a bit of fun to pass the time while we wait for an actual signing.
    A rumour is not a fact, though. Facts, an actual completed signing, will have it's own thread.

This is the rumours thread. That's all it is. I wish we could keep it as a bit of fun.

• Vfrf said:
    Oggy Red said:
    No one is attacking him.

Cheers @Exiled_Addick I'll look forward to reading this on EFL Zone and Transfer Hub tomorrow.
    #announcekarlan
  • Oggy Red said:
    No one is attacking him.

Yeah, it will be Cawley saying its a non starter. 
    Or ackworth???? Reporting it as fact
  • It would be fine if the instigator was a long term poster and didn't keep using the American spelling of common English words.

Unless his contact lives in Colorado of course.
  • Addickted said:
    It would be fine if the instigator was a long term poster and didn't keep using the American spelling of common English words.

To be fair, he did tell us that he was dyslexic and spelling was a big challenge. And so what if he's using a spellchecker, which no doubt defaults to American spelling?

• Oggy Red said:
    No one is attacking him.

The so what bit, is getting 8 wrong and claiming you got 4/5 right?
    But fair enough.
  • Addickted said:
    It would be fine if the instigator was a long term poster and didn't keep using the American spelling of common English words.

That's an unnecessary dig though, don't think the spelling needs to come into it, especially when they've stated they are dyslexic. 
  • Kirk played for Crewe yesterday and no mentions that he is on the move in their local press. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    No one is attacking him.

But fair enough.
    Yeah, it’s the doubling down that winds people up. 
  • Oggy Red said:
    No one is attacking him.

But fair enough.
    I know, but does it really matter?

• Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    No one is attacking him.

But fair enough.

Nothing on here matters Oggy. If we all only cared about things that matter football wouldn’t exist. 
  • RedRobin said:
    Kirk played for Crewe yesterday and no mentions that he is on the move in their local press. 
    Doubt it's close if he played yesterday although no player is too far away from a transfer. 

I mean Tahith Chong joined Birmingham 9 days ago but still played and scored for Man Utd yesterday!
  • RedRobin said:
    This rumour about disillusionment in the club has come from a post on another forum, just made up bollocks because some supporters are upset we’ve not made 10 new signings and spent millions, so something must be up! 
    A number of the "newer" posters oh here mainly offering transfer rumours are likely also on another forum.
    You can surmise as such by their writing style.
  • RedRobin said:
    This rumour about disillusionment in the club has come from a post on another forum, just made up bollocks because some supporters are upset we’ve not made 10 new signings and spent millions, so something must be up! 
    A number of the "newer" posters oh here mainly offering transfer rumours are likely also on another forum.
    I thought it was only the one.
  • It will be Josh Sims…. Not Kirk
  • edited July 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    Oggy Red said:
    No one is attacking him.

But fair enough.

It would appear that it matters to some of us and not to others.
    Oggy, if you said you had heard we were trying to sign 3 named Plymouth & Exeter players, none happened and you explained why, most would be more than happy.
    Probably less happy if they all signed for rivals and a few weeks later you claimed 80% of your rumours were correct.
    Anyway, my apologies let's get back to the rumours that we don't have :-)
  • Maccn05 said:
    It will be Josh Sims…. Not Kirk
    Another ITK or just guess work...??
  • Oh are these the same upset staff who were unhappy about the supporter of the year aware, and the big story was about to come out?  
  • Sponsored links:

• RedRobin said:
    Oh bloody hell as a new poster on here I hope we are not going to be the new target of the old guard until a real rumour occurs 😂😂😂
  • AndyG said:
    RedRobin said:
    Oh bloody hell as a new poster on here I hope we are not going to be the new target of the old guard until a real rumour occurs 😂😂😂
    You're not new :smile:
  • AndyG said:
    RedRobin said:
    You're not new :smile:
    Well that depends on what's classed as new mate lol
  • The heat makes people very strange 
  • Faces come out of the rain
  • No-one remembers your name
  • No-one remembers your name
    Absolutely spot on Five-a-bag 😉
  • I've heard that Karlan Grant might be coming back.

Sorry guys my source has to remain secret for now but I have every reason to believe him 
    Offer on the table from Sunderland though, just got to hope he wants to return to London. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!