Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Addicks59 said:
    Anybody heard this rumour the new partner that Thomas was in discussions with has pulled out if true it is a massive loss.
    If true depends who it was and what the intentions were medium/ long term
  • Everyone please chill out. We will sign 4-5 more players without a doubt. 2-3 will be loans and they almost always happen right at the end of the window due to Prem clubs announcing their squads and the filter down effect that has.

Plenty of work is happening in the background with a couple of deals very close. Those at the club are well aware that we are short, but also aware that it is better to wait a few weeks and get the right players rather than just signing what is available right now to appease fans and bolster numbers.

We will have a very competitive squad come end of the window, of that I can promise. Whether it is good enough to finish top 2 rather than top 6 will be up for debate. Wigan and Ipswich are spending a LOT of money and I’m glad we aren’t doing that.

P.s whoever said we missed out on Fraser bye £300 p/w is missing a zero off the end, he is another player on more than £10k at Ipswich.
    You say a couple of deals are close i take it there is something new you have heard about as last i saw you post it was just the winger you mentioned was close that we have been after for a while 

any more juicy teasers who the other close one is ...
  • edited July 2021
    Addicks59 said:
    Anybody heard this rumour the new partner that Thomas was in discussions with has pulled out if true it is a massive loss.
    If by partner you mean sponsor, then yes, heard it a couple of weeks ago. Hence no kit launch. 
  • The partnership in dubai and is being set up by Robbo like it was announced. Quite awhile ago I was told that we where in discussions with new proposed  partners roughly the same time the barclay rumor came back to life I never took a lot of notice at the time it since has grown in credibility but the rumour now it has collapsed and the partner has walked.
  • edited July 2021
    Addicks59 said:
    That rumour was started on another forum
  • J BLOCK said:
    Addicks59 said:
    If by partner you mean sponsor, then yes, heard it a couple of weeks ago. Hence no kit launch. 
    There will be a kit launch...
  • Addick_8 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Aneke maybe.

Millar and Maatsen. Give me a break.

Both have the potential to be good but were far too inconsistent. 

Players always get better when they’re gone.
    I said we’re behind where we were last season, not that they were world beaters… but

who in our squad right now doc we have that’s better than them? We don’t! So we’re behind where we finished in May 👍🏼
    We most certainly aren’t behind where we was last season. Our starting line up for Crewe away is currently worse than our strongest first 11 as of today. 
    But not when we ended the season. Even back to your selective point view we had Alfie who’s better than any member of the current squad.
    No he isn’t. 
    Yes he is !
  • redbuttle said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Addicks59 said:
    Of course, but no kit launch has happened yet 
  • Addicks59 said:
    No because TS has said many times he will go it alone 
  • Sponsored links:

• AMB needs to be loaned out. It'll be interesting what we do with our younger keepers as we seem to have a lot of them. GK is one position where you can bring in emergency loans anyway, with the likes of Lumley and Bursik playing for several L1 clubs last season
  • Right I was just asking if anybody else has heard that was all.
  • redbuttle said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Addicks59 said:
    …around Christmas….
  • J BLOCK said:
    redbuttle said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Addicks59 said:
    We always do it fairly late so it doesn’t really confirm any rumours about sponsorship either way.
  • edited July 2021
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Scoham said:
    Everyone please chill out. We will sign 4-5 more players without a doubt. 2-3 will be loans and they almost always happen right at the end of the window due to Prem clubs announcing their squads and the filter down effect that has.

Plenty of work is happening in the background with a couple of deals very close. Those at the club are well aware that we are short, but also aware that it is better to wait a few weeks and get the right players rather than just signing what is available right now to appease fans and bolster numbers.

We will have a very competitive squad come end of the window, of that I can promise. Whether it is good enough to finish top 2 rather than top 6 will be up for debate. Wigan and Ipswich are spending a LOT of money and I’m glad we aren’t doing that.

P.s whoever said we missed out on Fraser bye £300 p/w is missing a zero off the end, he is another player on more than £10k at Ipswich.
    Only 4-5 would mean something like LB, CB, CM, W, ST

I’d like to think it’ll be a few more to give us proper depth across the midfield.
    I agree. Personally think we need:
    - Left back as good as or better than Purrington
    - Centre back who can step in for Inniss as he won’t be able to play every game this season
    - Two central midfielders better than Gilbey and Morgan
    - Two wingers so we aren’t relying on DJ the whole time
    - Striker to replace Aneke
    This, and a gk if AMB is loaned out. 
    Yes, 100%. AMB will be loaned out, gains nothing as a number 2 again all season. Needs to be playing now.
    Really wont be surprised if Harness acts as No.2 this season - With three appearances in the EFL Trophy

He's certainly no stranger to the bench... The only down side is you're relying heavily on MacGillivray staying fit, as he showed with his mistake for the Dartford goal yesterday, he's not ready for League Football.

And I certainly hope we dont send Maynard-Brewer to a Conference team (so we can recall if Mac gets injured), think he needs to have a Bury or York style loan in League Two that we saw Nick Pope benefiting from
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Scoham said:
    Everyone please chill out. We will sign 4-5 more players without a doubt. 2-3 will be loans and they almost always happen right at the end of the window due to Prem clubs announcing their squads and the filter down effect that has.

I’d like to think it’ll be a few more to give us proper depth across the midfield.
    - Centre back who can step in for Inniss as he won’t be able to play every game this season
    Yes, 100%. AMB will be loaned out, gains nothing as a number 2 again all season. Needs to be playing now.
    Really wont be surprised if Harness acts as No.2 this season - With three appearances in the EFL Trophy

He's certainly no stranger to the bench... The only down side is you're relying heavily on MacGillivray staying fit, as he showed with his mistake for the Dartford goal yesterday, he's not ready for League Football.

And I certainly hope we dont send Maynard-Brewer to a Conference team (so we can recall if Mac gets injured), think he needs to have a Bury or York style loan in League Two that we saw Nick Pope benefiting from
    Same can be said for pretty much every position except right back where we have cover. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Scoham said:

Same can be said for pretty much every position except right back where we have cover. 
    Going to jinx it here, but with most keepers you can rely on them staying fit... e.g. Nearly all other positions will no doubt get rotated just to give others a rest, that dont happen with the Goalkeeper
  • J BLOCK said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Scoham said:

Going to jinx it here, but with most keepers you can rely on them staying fit... e.g. Nearly all other positions will no doubt get rotated just to give others a rest, that dont happen with the Goalkeeper
    Agreed, my point was mainly on the lack of depth across the whole first 11 
  • Sponsored links:

• I share Gilbeys pain, knocked me for six 
  • J BLOCK said:
    redbuttle said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Addicks59 said:
    And? We're still a week or two before when the kit is revealed most seasons. It would be more surprising if there HAD been a kit launch already.
  • Apologies as this has probably been mentioned already but has Inniss got covid as well or is he injured?
  • Apologies as this has probably been mentioned already but has Inniss got covid as well or is he injured?
    From this old interview it sounded like we’re just being cautious with him.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-chief-nigel-adkins-explains-absence-of-key-men-during-pre-season-clash-with-celtic/
  • As usual, no rumours, just frustrated fans digging each other out, I think I will go to the "You know you're getting old when." thread and get a laugh
  • I think Golfie is getting the brunt of it. I say lay off him. Disagree with him all you want, but don't make it personal.
    Just stop - as per the gaffa's request 
  • Now everyone’s getting along and agreeing. How boring…

This thread needs a contrarian. :-)
  • edited July 2021
    Sorry, I missed that request. Good he did that.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!