Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• FFS. What a load of shit. Start your own thread. Narcissistic bs.
  • Anyway. Rumours anyone?
  • Maccn05 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Aneke maybe.

Millar and Maatsen. Give me a break.

Both have the potential to be good but were far too inconsistent. 

Players always get better when they’re gone.
    I said we’re behind where we were last season, not that they were world beaters… but

who in our squad right now doc we have that’s better than them? We don’t! So we’re behind where we finished in May 👍🏼
    We most certainly aren’t behind where we was last season. Our starting line up for Crewe away is currently worse than our strongest first 11 as of today. 
  • edited July 2021
    People who are calling out TS seriously need to give their head a wobble.
  • Addick_8 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Aneke maybe.

I said we’re behind where we were last season, not that they were world beaters… but

who in our squad right now doc we have that’s better than them? We don’t! So we’re behind where we finished in May 👍🏼
    We most certainly aren’t behind where we was last season. Our starting line up for Crewe away is currently worse than our strongest first 11 as of today. 
    But not when we ended the season. Even back to your selective point view we had Alfie who’s better than any member of the current squad.
  • Maccn05 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Aneke maybe.

But not when we ended the season. Even back to your selective point view we had Alfie who’s better than any member of the current squad.
    Go to bed mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyway. Rumours anyone?

Rumour is that it's all loans and frees from this point out. Seems like a valid rumour. :D
  • arny23394 said:
    I’m not worrying as there’s nothing I can do about it, but for me, we only have half a first xi at the moment. Assuming we are going to play a 433, I think we need

LB - Purrington is decent, but I’d like to think we can sign somebody better, who can bomb on as we won’t be getting much down the right from Matthews/Gunter

RCB - Inniss played 12 games last season, he’s excellent, but not sure you can rely on him to play many games.

1/2 x CM - don’t know anything about Dobson, but I’d imagine he’s going to be our first choice holding midfielder. I like Gilbey & Morgan, but they are inconsistent and I think we could improve on both of them.

2 x FWD - unsure what Jaiyesimi is about, he didn’t impress me last season. Washington isn’t a natural wideman, but can do a job when needed.

Just my opinion on what the first XI needs if we want to compete for automatics.
    I would say spot on. We are around 4/5 players away for autos, then re-asses in January based on injuries and form etc. 

The left back is Connor Ogilvie. Covers left back and LCB.

The mid is Kyle Dempsey from Gills as well, fantastic mid and the best I saw last season that we played along with Fraser, wouldn't cost too much I imagine either

Charlie Kirk and Owen Dale as the last attacking outlets who would no doubt improve us.

I can't comment on centre backs cause I don't know enough from this league being honest, I just know Tucker is a bit of a  prospect and would probably improve us. 

If we have that kind of window we romp this league imo and would be competitive in the championship. Reckon I've touted this about 5 times now cause I'm hoping if I manifest it enough it may just happen 😂
  • ozaddick said:
    I wake up every morning and hope to see if we have signed anyone, or we have at least a decent rumour I can YouTube, to then just read the all the petty bollocks and squabbles, and it seems worse this pre season than previous ones. 

Now TS has given us the opportunity to do just that, because without him you wouldn't have a club to support. I believe in robust conversations, disagreements are healthy, but it's the same shit spouted over and over at the moment. 

Of course we want success, but spending like Ipswich and Wigan is seriously high risk. Their business this off season is far from the norm for league 1, and we do not need the instability after all the shit we've been through the last decade. 

The landscape of the football world is far far different than previous years. COVID has seen too that, and with that we cannot expect a 'business as usual' transfer window,  certainly not like the one we saw under SCP in 2011. 

The squad at the moment is weaker than last season, no one at the club wouldn't disagree, and I believe signings will be made that should seriously strengthen us, Its just going to take a little while longer than usual due to the current climate with the EFL clubs financially struggling with last seasons weird situation. I'm amazed and very pleased we haven't seen a few clubs fold tbh. 

Regarding TS contents about blowing the league away, and the 5-10 year plan of playing in Europe this decade, it may of been foolhardy to some, but having a vision to grow and expand the club is far better than none at all, which is pretty much what we had with RD.

The proof is in the pudding with the re structure going on in the club, amalgamation of the women's team, building a united brand and club, foundations we have been screaming for since before  RD rocked up. 

We all want 'Our Charlton back', the one that took us to the the premier league, and so nearly into Europe.

That club, our club, broken for so many years, is coming back under TS, and I personally believe NA as well. If it means we have to wait a few weeks to put a squad together that will give us a serious chance of beginning that journey, so be it.
    The foundations being laid are strong, one that will support the vision for years to come, and we were crying out for that just a few months ago, Thomas was only a pipe dream this time last year. 

I'd like it if we were all pulling in the same direction again after what has seemed a very long time of discontent. 

Apologies for my musings on the transfer thread, getting back on track I think we'll bring in a couple of players soon, I'd guess at a winger and a centre mid this coming week I reckon, no idea who, I'm not ITK.

Please, Keep the faith!! 

Finally a sensible post.

Well said.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Let's be fair it isn't only @golfaddick that is being negative.  Another poster said he was convinced we wouldn't sign anyone else this morning.

As much fun as it is to poke the grumpy bear with a stick he isn't alone. So it's unfair to just say its only him. 
    The problem with that is that he posts so much negative stuff that it sets the tone.....he is to be found all over the site with his continual moaning attitude  ......supporting your club is supposed to be an enjoyable experience (at least a fair percentage of the time), but of late he has been working overtime making this site a negative place.
    Time for him to call it a day or better still go on “ the forum whose name shall not be named” where his style and boring attitude will undoubtedly be welcomed with open arms” IMHO.
    My opinions count just as much as yours. If you dont like hearing them then I suggest that you either don't read my posts or YOU go & join the other site.
    For a supposed contrarian, who tell it like it is, you really are a thin skinned whiner 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Trialists are unknown quantities which is why you invite them play. 
    Are you not hoping we have identified players who’s ability and character fit with the squad we want to build?
    Really?  Do you honestly believe that?

Trialists come in all shapes and sizes.  Was it last season we had both Harriott and Holmes-Dennis on trial?  Both unknown? 

The first one was a favour, the later was a gamble to see if he could actually still play as a pro. 

Portsmouth have just had Abdul Abdulmalik on trial and now he is having a go at Watford.

We have just signed one of the players that was on "trail" longer than than jubilee corruption trial.

Trials aren't a bad thing, neither are loans, nor are frees. Some people really need to give their head a wobble and get in the real world. 
    I did not say they were a bad thing and did not even mention loans or frees. I also said ‘unknown quantities’, which is a noun. That does not mean that you have never heard of the player. 
    I think you need to give your own head a wobble if you honestly believe that in building a squad to win promotion we should be giving a player a trial to see if he can still play professional football FFS.

If the Club has a clear identified targets who have the ability and character to fit into the squad, they have no need for trialists by definition.
    You give two very good examples of trialists, so yes, I honestly believe we have no need to have trialists for places in our first team squad.

We also have taken on more youth players than at any time in our history. so I don’t think we have gaps to fill there either. That is not to say that if a youth player became available we would not have a look - but that is not what we were talking about.
  • If we started this season with a squad as strong as that that ended last season, we would be a good bet for promotion. We are definitely not as strong as a squad as we were at the end of last season. However, a different way to look at is, are we stronger now than we were at this point last season, and the answer to that is yes.

So at this point in time, no reason to wet ourselves with worry or get over excited with anticipation. The club will be signing more players, including loans, and we have to see how good they are before making our judgements surely.
  • edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    You are not necessarily a bed wetter if you wanted to see signings overflowing by now.

You are not necessarily an Ostrich with your head in the sand if you are chilled despite being 3 weeks away from the first League match.

I'm convinced that Nigel, JJ, Steve, and Jason are using their network to try to get deals done. Thomas will have a budget. 

I never trusted Southgate from quite early on and I'm still proud to have been classified a bed wetter about that opportunist money grabber. 
    To be fair he has got us to 2 semis and a final.  I think he has earnt his money 😜😜

Only edited at 7.30 Sunday morning from nice man Southgate to bitches and cars Southall.
    Prescriptive text will start WW3.
  • I haven't read the last 30 pages or so, so apologies in advance if anyone has already said this.

Mate of mine does some scouting for professional teams. I saw him yesterday and he said he had heard that TS won't pay agents' fees, so the agents were pushing their players towards clubs who did.

Absolutely no idea if this is true. 

More to do with the amount of agent fees; if a club wouldn't pay any agent fees then a club would basically struggle to sign anyone even if the player is represented by a family member.

The signing on fees also come into the transfer package and can be the stumbling block. 

• Sponsored links:

• It’s a shame more clubs don’t take a harder line against making agents richer. They’ve been sucking money out of the game by doing very little for far too long. 
  • Good Moaning everyone.
    Rumours, let's be havin' you.
  • Maccn05 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Aneke maybe.

No he isn’t. 
  • Brendan Wiredu was at the Dartford game yesterday. Supporting his old team mates or re-signing?
  • Too much to post on here but Mr Ackworth has done all our scouting on twitter this morning and has tagged Nigel and others into posts naming 20 odd players we should sign! 
    Name them all? Remember though that every name mentioned will go on dazzlers list
  • How do we know that there are no trialists?

We seem to be keeping quiet about transfers so it wouldn't surprise me if a few free agents are training with us but they haven't played in the friendlies. 

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Let's be fair it isn't only @golfaddick that is being negative.  Another poster said he was convinced we wouldn't sign anyone else this morning.

As much fun as it is to poke the grumpy bear with a stick he isn't alone. So it's unfair to just say its only him. 
    The problem with that is that he posts so much negative stuff that it sets the tone.....he is to be found all over the site with his continual moaning attitude  ......supporting your club is supposed to be an enjoyable experience (at least a fair percentage of the time), but of late he has been working overtime making this site a negative place.
    Time for him to call it a day or better still go on “ the forum whose name shall not be named” where his style and boring attitude will undoubtedly be welcomed with open arms” IMHO.
    A bit harsh possibly mate, tbf I think your all positive attitude clashes with his.
    Perhaps @golfaddick and his views are realism?
  • Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

My opinions count just as much as yours. If you dont like hearing them then I suggest that you either don't read my posts or YOU go & join the other site.
    For a supposed contrarian, who tell it like it is, you really are a thin skinned whiner 
    Telling him to leave the forum is a bit much ain’t it
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!