Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Just waiting for happy Mondays!
  • I'm wondering if Covid bubbles and the like are meaning less trialists? 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I'm wondering if Covid bubbles and the like are meaning less trialists? 
    Dunno... Welling had a good few the other night
  • Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Let's be fair it isn't only @golfaddick that is being negative.  Another poster said he was convinced we wouldn't sign anyone else this morning.

As much fun as it is to poke the grumpy bear with a stick he isn't alone. So it's unfair to just say its only him. 
    The problem with that is that he posts so much negative stuff that it sets the tone.....he is to be found all over the site with his continual moaning attitude  ......supporting your club is supposed to be an enjoyable experience (at least a fair percentage of the time), but of late he has been working overtime making this site a negative place.
    Time for him to call it a day or better still go on “ the forum whose name shall not be named” where his style and boring attitude will undoubtedly be welcomed with open arms” IMHO.
    My opinions count just as much as yours. If you dont like hearing them then I suggest that you either don't read my posts or YOU go & join the other site.
    For a supposed contrarian, who tell it like it is, you really are a thin skinned whiner 
    I wish we could cut out the personal stuff on here. Unless that was a rumour?
  • Richard J said:
    How do we know that there are no trialists?

We seem to be keeping quiet about transfers so it wouldn't surprise me if a few free agents are training with us but they haven't played in the friendlies. 

Have we really been keeping quite on the transfer stuff or is there just a lack of things happening to report...
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I'm wondering if Covid bubbles and the like are meaning less trialists? 
    Dunno... Welling had a good few the other night
    Good point! Just surprised we've seen none at all so far. Usually there's a couple 
  • I think @golfaddick and @SoundAsa£ should have a nice meal together and be friends again.
    It's too hot for all this bickering.
  • Chunes said:
    Sasa Ilic was given a trial wasn't he? He just rolled up to the training ground with his boots one day.

What does the club have to lose from giving people trials? 

Agreed, I'm just annoyed the club turned me away without letting me show what I can do.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Richard J said:

We seem to be keeping quiet about transfers so it wouldn't surprise me if a few free agents are training with us but they haven't played in the friendlies. 

Have we really been keeping quite on the transfer stuff or is there just a lack of things happening to report...
    No-one knows for sure but on balance it seems fairly likely that it's more the former than the latter. The upper management recruitment (Roddy etc) was all done with no fanfare. Dobson and McGillivray only became strongly linked just before they signed up.

I'm inclined to think it's a deliberately low key approach rather than a lack of activity at all.
  • Chunes said:
    Sasa Ilic was given a trial wasn't he? He just rolled up to the training ground with his boots one day.

Agreed, I'm just annoyed the club turned me away without letting me show what I can do.
    My dad wrote to the club when he was 14 asking for a trial but didn’t even get a rejection letter. 60 years later…..he still mentions it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Addick_8 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Addick_8 said:
    Maccn05 said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Aneke maybe.

Millar and Maatsen. Give me a break.

Both have the potential to be good but were far too inconsistent. 

Players always get better when they’re gone.
    I said we’re behind where we were last season, not that they were world beaters… but

who in our squad right now doc we have that’s better than them? We don’t! So we’re behind where we finished in May 👍🏼
    We most certainly aren’t behind where we was last season. Our starting line up for Crewe away is currently worse than our strongest first 11 as of today. 
    But not when we ended the season. Even back to your selective point view we had Alfie who’s better than any member of the current squad.
    No he isn’t. 
    What’s your problem? If you can’t see that Alfie would be our biggest threat if still in this squad then you really need to go follow another sport.

Theres a reason he had a bunch of Championship clubs after him

… honestly some people!
  • Chunes said:

My dad wrote to the club when he was 14 asking for a trial but didn’t even get a rejection letter. 60 years later…..he still mentions it!

Bad manners on the club's part.  They probably could not afford the stamp.
  • thenewbie said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Richard J said:

No-one knows for sure but on balance it seems fairly likely that it's more the former than the latter. The upper management recruitment (Roddy etc) was all done with no fanfare. Dobson and McGillivray only became strongly linked just before they signed up.

I'm inclined to think it's a deliberately low key approach rather than a lack of activity at all.

As a comparison I'd like to know the amount of players brought in by other clubs.
  • edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Let's be fair it isn't only @golfaddick that is being negative.  Another poster said he was convinced we wouldn't sign anyone else this morning.

As much fun as it is to poke the grumpy bear with a stick he isn't alone. So it's unfair to just say its only him. 
    The problem with that is that he posts so much negative stuff that it sets the tone.....he is to be found all over the site with his continual moaning attitude  ......supporting your club is supposed to be an enjoyable experience (at least a fair percentage of the time), but of late he has been working overtime making this site a negative place.
    Time for him to call it a day or better still go on “ the forum whose name shall not be named” where his style and boring attitude will undoubtedly be welcomed with open arms” IMHO.
    A bit harsh possibly mate, tbf I think your all positive attitude clashes with his.
    Perhaps @golfaddick and his views are realism?
    A good point. The problem is, if you compared Golfie's opinions to let's say the more rose tinted ones over the last few years, he would have a higher success rate by some margin. Of course, that doesn't mean he is right here and we all hope he isn't. But we shouldn't attack somebody who has been more right than us because we don't like what he says. Personally, I am still hopeful but am trying to keep on the middle ground until I see firm evidence of one direction over the other.
  • I haven't read the last 30 pages or so, so apologies in advance if anyone has already said this.

Mate of mine does some scouting for professional teams. I saw him yesterday and he said he had heard that TS won't pay agents' fees, so the agents were pushing their players towards clubs who did.

Absolutely no idea if this is true. 

If true then the man has gone up in my estimations again
  • I think @golfaddick and @SoundAsa£ should have a nice meal together and be friends again.
    It's too hot for all this bickering.
    Great idea. 
    And as you suggested it you can pay the bill.
  • Sponsored links:

• Everyone please chill out. We will sign 4-5 more players without a doubt. 2-3 will be loans and they almost always happen right at the end of the window due to Prem clubs announcing their squads and the filter down effect that has.

Plenty of work is happening in the background with a couple of deals very close. Those at the club are well aware that we are short, but also aware that it is better to wait a few weeks and get the right players rather than just signing what is available right now to appease fans and bolster numbers.

We will have a very competitive squad come end of the window, of that I can promise. Whether it is good enough to finish top 2 rather than top 6 will be up for debate. Wigan and Ipswich are spending a LOT of money and I’m glad we aren’t doing that.

P.s whoever said we missed out on Fraser bye £300 p/w is missing a zero off the end, he is another player on more than £10k at Ipswich.
    Only 4-5 would mean something like LB, CB, CM, W, ST

I’d like to think it’ll be a few more to give us proper depth across the midfield.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    DOUCHER said:
    her's a rumour - albeit not a transfer one - that i was told a few days ago - one of our players is in intensive care at the pru with covid and the rumour is that its watson 
    not sure shit like that should be posted on here mate
    shit?
  • Anybody heard this rumour the new partner that Thomas was in discussions with has pulled out if true it is a massive loss.
  • Addicks59 said:
    Anybody heard this rumour the new partner that Thomas was in discussions with has pulled out if true it is a massive loss.

Thought the new partnership was the thing over in Dubai?
  • I think it was Airman who mentioned the new investment kicks in when we're in the Championship  .
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!