Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• It’s a shame more clubs don’t take a harder line against making agents richer. They’ve been sucking money out of the game by doing very little for far too long. 

In all US sports the PLAYERS pay the agents and all they get is 5% of contracts and 10% of endorsements. How hard is that? Football owners in Europe have no balls. They could fix this in one afternoon if they tried.
    Chalk and cheese.

One country (bar Canada), much more centralised control, commissioners, franchises

While what you suggest would be great you'd have to get agreement across multiple leagues (three just in the UK) plus every other country.

Also, the system suits richer clubs, they don't want a more level playing field so they won't agree it 

As we've seen, in the UK the clubs, not the leagues, have the power.

Even the rules as they exist now are widely ignored because owners and managers want the players and will pay agents to get them 

• Text book “Colin” response, there. 
  • Addicks59 said:
    In answer to your question I got 4 out of the 5 I mentioned correct how did you do zilch have a pop at someone else or do not comment on my post.All my comments have been double checked before I put anything out in the public domain if you do not believe me that is your problem.When I came onto this site I under the impression it was a rumours thread have I learnt if it isn't my spelling it is questions about what I have written I am in a very lucky position I know a lot of people very close to the club.

Can you explain why there are people in the club apparently disillusioned?
  • Sponsored links:

• Jac_52 said:
    Addicks59 said:
    In answer to your question I got 4 out of the 5 I mentioned correct how did you do zilch have a pop at someone else or do not comment on my post.All my comments have been double checked before I put anything out in the public domain if you do not believe me that is your problem.When I came onto this site I under the impression it was a rumours thread have I learnt if it isn't my spelling it is questions about what I have written I am in a very lucky position I know a lot of people very close to the club.

Can you explain why there are people in the club apparently disillusioned?

No more Oasis on tap.
  • Maccn05 said:
    Goodness me to do ever get bored of doing the WIOTOS… it’s so boring, you don’t have to repeat on every post until the end of time … your not a comedian with a catchphrase 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
    Have a day off
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Ive also heard we have a foward / winger very close should be confirmed early next week. Its a name that im sure has been mentioned in despatches before, the person who told me dose not work for the club anymore but claims that one that has told him still does. So im guessing its the same bloke as others have been told. 
    Any clues… pleeeease?!
  • If some people at the club have expressed disappointment or disillusionment with something, it is probably best not to know who they are. If there are that is. No need to attack Addicks 59 and probably go in a direction we don't need to. 
  • Sponsored links:

• If some people at the club have expressed disappointment or disillusionment with something, it is probably best not to know who they are. If there are that is. No need to attack Addicks 59 and probably go in a direction we don't need to. 
    Shortage of vol-au-vents at the club?
  • Is charlie Kirk signing ?
    Think you're still dreaming pal
  • Tell you what it's all gone downhill at the club since we were linked with Jordan Ibe. 
    Not sure about that,  if it's someone we've been interested in for a while (Kirk, Randell etc..) I'd prefer them to Ibe as they will be an instant impact. Ibe hasn't played consistently for a while and will likely take longer to get match sharp
  • Tell you what it's all gone downhill at the club since we were linked with Jordan Ibe. 
    Very true 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!