Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• AndyG said:
    Redrobo said:
    Bowyer would have had the players signed up by now.
    And turned them into world beaters as well.
    Yup obviously
    They would have give him everything!!! Fella never has to buy anything!!😂
  • Let's be fair it isn't only @golfaddick that is being negative.  Another poster said he was convinced we wouldn't sign anyone else this morning.

As much fun as it is to poke the grumpy bear with a stick he isn't alone. So it's unfair to just say its only him. 
  • edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Let's be fair it isn't only @golfaddick that is being negative.  Another poster said he was convinced we wouldn't sign anyone else this morning.

As much fun as it is to poke the grumpy bear with a stick he isn't alone. So it's unfair to just say its only him. 
    What if you know the grumpy bear wants you to poke it with a stick?
  • I haven't read the last 30 pages or so, so apologies in advance if anyone has already said this.

Mate of mine does some scouting for professional teams. I saw him yesterday and he said he had heard that TS won't pay agents' fees, so the agents were pushing their players towards clubs who did.

Absolutely no idea if this is true. 

• What I can’t get my head around is the lack of trialists this pre-season, plenty of players to take a look at and always have each pre-season just not this one.
  • Sponsored links:

• FFS, nobody, absolutely nobody, outside of the club knows what's happening behind the scenes!! @golfaddick will continue to moan come what may, it's what he does! We could've won 9-0 today and he would have said something negative! Now I don't know if he's doing it for a laugh to wind people up or whether he is just a negative, moaning nelly!
    However @golfaddick just try for a couple of days to stop going over the same old ground...we get it, you're not happy with the supposed lack of transfer activity, there's no point in banging the same old drum, only the club can act...so contact them about it!
    Sadly though I've read elsewhere that people are referring to TS as Danish Dutchelete (sp), and that we were better off in the transfer market with RD!
    I'm now convinced that TS could spend £50m on players and Charlton supporters would still be unhappy and moaning because he didn't buy any England Internationals!
    I think many fans are suffering from fucking heatstroke!

He’s an attention seeker......plain and simple.🧐🧐🧐
  • Scoham said:
    I haven't read the last 30 pages or so, so apologies in advance if anyone has already said this.

Mate of mine does some scouting for professional teams. I saw him yesterday and he said he had heard that TS won't pay agents' fees, so the agents were pushing their players towards clubs who did.

We paid agent fees last season and were the 5th highest in L1, so we can rule that theory out.

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/91443/league-1-agents-fees-20-21-season
    Though I'm fairly sure that it will be a commonly accepted fact by Tuesday at the latest
  • edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Let's be fair it isn't only @golfaddick that is being negative.  Another poster said he was convinced we wouldn't sign anyone else this morning.

The problem with that is that he posts so much negative stuff that it sets the tone.....he is to be found all over the site with his continual moaning attitude  ......supporting your club is supposed to be an enjoyable experience (at least a fair percentage of the time), but of late he has been working overtime making this site a negative place.
    Time for him to call it a day or better still go on “ the forum whose name shall not be named” where his style and boring attitude will undoubtedly be welcomed with open arms” IMHO.
  • edited July 2021
  • Laddick01 said:
    Aneke maybe.

Millar and Maatsen. Give me a break.

Both have the potential to be good but were far too inconsistent. 

Players always get better when they’re gone.
    They paved paradise and put up a parking lot...... 
  • Scoham said:
    I haven't read the last 30 pages or so, so apologies in advance if anyone has already said this.

We paid agent fees last season and were the 5th highest in L1, so we can rule that theory out.

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/91443/league-1-agents-fees-20-21-season
    Fair enough. I'll be having words with my mate! 
  • I haven't read the last 30 pages or so, so apologies in advance if anyone has already said this.

It's almost true, from what I have heard.  He WILL pay agents fees but only if absolutely necessary.  The stear comes from Gallen who was "gob smacked" at the fee an agent got for a contract renewal he wasn't even involved in.

I wouldn't say it was a manager but.... 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

It's almost true, from what I have heard.  He WILL pay agents fees but only if absolutely necessary.  The stear comes from Gallen who was "gob smacked" at the fee an agent got for a contract renewal he wasn't even involved in.

I wouldn't say it was a manager but.... 
    That’s absolutely the right stance to take.
  • Sponsored links:

• If we beat Chef Wendy on 7th August there will be some serious memory loss events on this site.
  • What I can’t get my head around is the lack of trialists this pre-season, plenty of players to take a look at and always have each pre-season just not this one.
    Be honest how many do we sign … none rather the young players given a go 
  • a proper rumour is that you Nigel? 

https://youtu.be/vqMXnfjTHsQ

• Trialists are unknown quantities which is why you invite them play. 
    Are you not hoping we have identified players who’s ability and character fit with the squad we want to build?
  • Redrobo said:
    Trialists are unknown quantities which is why you invite them play. 
    Are you not hoping we have identified players who’s ability and character fit with the squad we want to build?
    Really?  Do you honestly believe that?

Trialists come in all shapes and sizes.  Was it last season we had both Harriott and Holmes-Dennis on trial?  Both unknown? 

The first one was a favour, the later was a gamble to see if he could actually still play as a pro. 

Portsmouth have just had Abdul Abdulmalik on trial and now he is having a go at Watford.

We have just signed one of the players that was on "trail" longer than than jubilee corruption trial.

Trials aren't a bad thing, neither are loans, nor are frees. Some people really need to give their head a wobble and get in the real world. 
  • If he won’t pay agents’ fees unless absolutely necessary, then I respect that.  Might mean we miss out on a fair few of our targets, but for me, TS is still massively in the credit bank for me for stepping in and saving us from the Abyss.  He’s spent money on players since he’s been here as well, so I trust his process.  

If that means we don’t compete or go up then of course I’ll be disappointed, but then it will perhaps be a lesson learned on his behalf and that will just be the way it is.  We might just have to accept it, and accept that it will be lesser quality players, youngsters and loans.  That won’t blow the league away, and I hope people saw it as TS’s enthusiasm rather than a cast iron commitment 

I’m sure there will be signings.  I question whether or not the squad is likely to be good enough unless we get another 6 or so quality players in, so I just have to wait and see.  I’m not happy at the prospect of a lot of the players that were here last season still hanging around, but ultimately, just have to accept it for what it is 
    Be honest how many do we sign … none rather the young players given a go 
    Kinsella was a trialist
  • cabbles said:
    If he won’t pay agents’ fees unless absolutely necessary, then I respect that.  Might mean we miss out on a fair few of our targets, but for me, TS is still massively in the credit bank for me for stepping in and saving us from the Abyss.  He’s spent money on players since he’s been here as well, so I trust his process.  

If that means we don’t compete or go up then of course I’ll be disappointed, but then it will perhaps be a lesson learned on his behalf and that will just be the way it is.  We might just have to accept it, and accept that it will be lesser quality players, youngsters and loans.  That won’t blow the league away, and I hope people saw it as TS’s enthusiasm rather than a cast iron commitment 

I’m sure there will be signings.  I question whether or not the squad is likely to be good enough unless we get another 6 or so quality players in, so I just have to wait and see.  I’m not happy at the prospect of a lot of the players that were here last season still hanging around, but ultimately, just have to accept it for what it is 
    We know you thought all the players that played for us last season were shit.  So shit that we missed out on the play offs on goals difference.

We know you would have released them all and "jogged on" those that had contracts.

We know you don't want to sign anyone. Because "reasons" for anyone. 

Your not happy with it, your not happy with any thing to do with football.

Just fucking chill and trust that it will happen or will that make you cry, like you claimed it did that our 4th choice center back, senior pro and club captain, signed a new contract? 
  • Laddick01 said:
    Aneke maybe.

Millar and Maatsen. Give me a break.

Both have the potential to be good but were far too inconsistent. 

Players always get better when they’re gone.
    I said we’re behind where we were last season, not that they were world beaters… but

who in our squad right now doc we have that’s better than them? We don’t! So we’re behind where we finished in May 👍🏼
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!