Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Valley11 said:
    I’m not writing off any chances. I’m saying that our business thus far hasn’t been what you would expect with an exuberant and relatively wealthy owner who reckoned we’d smash the league. 

We haven't missed out on promotion already, have we?

#allsandgaardsfault   :disappointed:
  • AndyG said:
    If we signed Messi some folk would kick off saying why are we signing old players 
    Why have we only got him on 3 Yr contract, not 4
  • Valley11 said:
    I’m not writing off any chances. I’m saying that our business thus far hasn’t been what you would expect with an exuberant and relatively wealthy owner who reckoned we’d smash the league. 

And of that I'm sure the majority of us agree. I've not been hanging on Sandgaards hyperbole as much as some though. In hindsight I'm sure he'll agree it was a naive comment to make. I personally never expected him to be throwing crazy money about even after he said that but can see how others would take it more literally.
  • FT Orient 1-1 Spurs 
  • Valley11 said:

Relatively wealthy compared to me and you but not compared to other football club owners. 
  • UEAAddick said:
    AndyG said:
    If we signed Messi some folk would kick off saying why are we signing old players 
    Why have we only got him on 3 Yr contract, not 4
    Club has a further 1-year option? :smiley:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    FT Orient 1-1 Spurs 
    Cheers
    Did Pratley play ? If so have Spurs now got enough players left to make a team up lol
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    AndyG said:
    Well Barca don't want him, why are we signing other teams cast offs.
  • Valley11 said:

Fair point to an extent, but why this needs to be continually discussed in the middle of July is beyond me. 
  • Valley11 said:

Fair point to an extent, but why this needs to be continually discussed in the middle of July is beyond me. 
    To pass the time between signings and friendlies now the Euros have finished.
  • moan
    /məʊn/
    verb
    gerund or present participle: moaning
    make a long, low sound expressing physical or mental suffering or sexual pleasure.

I like to think golfaddick sits there making such sounds with every next word he reads on this forum, his brow furrowing and volume increasing before taking swiftly to his keyboard to let the world know of his great displeasure... Or is it secretly pleasure?!
  • Valley11 said:
    And there we have it. My point proved. 
    This is a page to discuss transfers. There hasn’t been any since July 8. And we’re in serious need of a squad overhaul. It’s entirely reasonable to discuss it. Whether others have, or it’s boring to do so, is out of my control.
    We’re three games into pre season and need several new players imo. No rumours bar a potential unnamed winger.

But repeating the same thing over and over again isn’t a discussion. The same can be said of the responses that will come to such comments. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:
    Croydon said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    I'm glad our owner is getting his priorities right.

Remind me how is our summer rebuild is coming along.......
    Didn’t take long. How dare he do something other than work on transfers. This 100% explains our lack of activity.
    "Thanks for sending all those transfers for sign off Steve but I can't be arsed, going to have a jam with my mates instead."  That's exactly what's happened here.   
    I heard we missed out on Scott Fraser by £300, the cost of 3 hours studio time 
    £300 a week on is wages or £300 on the fee .
    I heard he wanted a £300 Giftcard for the shop but due to the recording sessions TS couldn’t guarantee it. Awful stuff.
    The 5 working day delivery at £4.95 put him off too. 
  • Well I think the first assurance I can hopefully offer people is this...

When was the last time Charlton had a season where they didnt have at least five loan slots - Certainly with the current window rules which has cut out those deals that could happen between transfer windows.

At present we've only brought in Akin Famewo so still have four of those slots left.

Euro 2020 has just ended, players like Chris Gunter who departed the Euros at the R16 are still on Holiday, so the bigger clubs will have their players absent for a bit longer - Means they'll be slower sending their kids out on loan as they'll need players for friendlies, and they'll no doubt want to see if some are worth keeping around when the superstars return (e.g. Foden when he went to America as a 17-year old with Man City), provided that they can show enough quality.

Those who go out on loan now, e.g. Famewo will be those who surely arent rated enough by the parent club.
  • Golfie in training back in May

https://youtu.be/ohDB5gbtaEQ
  • Valley11 said:
    Perhaps because the longer this goes without making the several signings we need, the more concerning it becomes.
    I’m glass half full with life and Charlton. And perhaps it’s the recent years of mismanagement and lies, but when there seems like nothing is happening. When Adkins is saying he wanted players in for the start of pre season. When the likes of Innis Gilbey and Ronnie, senior players from an already threadbare squad, haven’t kicked a ball in anger this pre season. Then it is concerning.
    I’m not saying it won’t be resolved. But this doesn’t feel like the new dawn many expected. 
    Nailed it.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!