Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Do you remember the days when it took hours to catch up reading Charlton Life?

Now you log on and see 50 new posts in the Rumours thread ...... and it only takes 5 minutes to scan through the lot.
    No more wasting time on the laptop, it even gives me the chance to clear out my shed this morning! :smile:

• Scoham said:
    Maccn05 said:
    It will be Josh Sims… he’s free just how we like it 
    And is that a bad thing? If he’s very similar to a player we can buy for say £1m which one do you go for?

Clearly the £1m player to show the fans you mean business. Free agents are for bad owners doing it on the cheap.
    Didn’t say it was a bad thing did I?
  • ButtleJR said:

Think we know what the surprise on opening day is... 😂
    I recognise the one in the middle….

• Maccn05 said:
    Nothing free .. expect his wages won’t be free or his signing on fee or his agent fee 
  • Maccn05 said:
    Scoham said:
    Maccn05 said:
    And is that a bad thing? If he’s very similar to a player we can buy for say £1m which one do you go for?

Clearly the £1m player to show the fans you mean business. Free agents are for bad owners doing it on the cheap.
    Didn’t say it was a bad thing did I?
    No but I got the impression you’d prefer us to pay fees. The other day you said you didn’t think TS would spend and that you expected the gaps to be filled with kids and loans.
  • edited July 2021
    I'm glad our owner is getting his priorities right.

Remind me how is our summer rebuild is coming along.......
    Oh Golfie mate you're losing your edge.  This is like a comeback band trotting out the old hits for the 200th time with no enthusiasm.  This doesn't even deserve the crying man in the rain gif.

Disappointed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Do you remember the days when it took hours to catch up reading Charlton Life?

Now you log on and see 50 new posts in the Rumours thread ...... and it only takes 5 minutes to scan through the lot.
    No more wasting time on the laptop, it even gives me the chance to clear out my shed this morning! :smile:

That's nothing mate.  Got rid of the old shelves and removed all the tiles from Mary's bathroom this morning.  

BTW she did want me to, it wasn't just a "hey Mary look what I've done with your bathroom!" scenario.
    I didn’t know Oggy’s other half was called Mary 😯😉
  • edited July 2021
    You are not necessarily a bed wetter if you wanted to see signings overflowing by now.

You are not necessarily an Ostrich with your head in the sand if you are chilled despite being 3 weeks away from the first League match.

I'm convinced that Nigel, JJ, Steve, and Jason are using their network to try to get deals done. Thomas will have a budget. 

I never trusted Southall from quite early on and I'm still proud to have been classified a bed wetter about that opportunist money grabber. 

Edit Southall not Southgate !!!!

• edited July 2021
    RedChaser said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Do you remember the days when it took hours to catch up reading Charlton Life?

That's nothing mate.  Got rid of the old shelves and removed all the tiles from Mary's bathroom this morning.  

BTW she did want me to, it wasn't just a "hey Mary look what I've done with your bathroom!" scenario.
    I didn’t know Oggy’s other half was called Mary 😯😉
    I know.  They were so surprised when they woke up to me knocking the old tiles off their bathroom wall.  Especially as they have never met me!
  • I'm glad our owner is getting his priorities right.

• paulfox said:

We still need a bass guitar and a drummer, who has his own drums. 
    Covered End Upper have that side sorted already B)
  • Croydon said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

Didn’t take long. How dare he do something other than work on transfers. This 100% explains our lack of activity.
    "Thanks for sending all those transfers for sign off Steve but I can't be arsed, going to have a jam with my mates instead."  That's exactly what's happened here.   
    I heard we missed out on Scott Fraser by £300, the cost of 3 hours studio time 
    £300 a week on is wages or £300 on the fee .
    I heard he wanted a £300 Giftcard for the shop but due to the recording sessions TS couldn’t guarantee it. Awful stuff.
  • I don’t know if it’s just me but I don’t get all this ‘I wouldn’t mind so and so back’.  Football is a matter of opinion and everyone is different, but I think we’ve got such a romantic view of what former players were like in some instances.  The comment about Page.  Completely respect the poster’s opinion, but why? Same with Cousins. Was he really that great for us, despite him playing a higher division at the time?  I don’t think so.  You can argue he should be capable at this level and one of our promotion rivals have gone for him, but he’s had bad injuries and not really done much since he left us.  

I found it similar with some of the players we let go.  When we released Pratley.  So many comments re: could’ve kept him on as a squad player etc.  I could cry.  We’ve got enough of all that with the ones they’ve retained like Pearce.

• Where’s Charlie Kirk?
  • Sponsored links:

• Vincenzo said:
    Where’s Charlie Kirk?
    One for all the Spizz fans
  • mart77 said:
    Croydon said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

Didn’t take long. How dare he do something other than work on transfers. This 100% explains our lack of activity.
    "Thanks for sending all those transfers for sign off Steve but I can't be arsed, going to have a jam with my mates instead."  That's exactly what's happened here.   
    I heard we missed out on Scott Fraser by £300, the cost of 3 hours studio time 
    This will become fact in 12 hours on one of those clickbait sites!
    I'm sorry to say it has!! Ackers has quoted it on Twitter with a slight twist! He's saying we wouldn't match ITFC weekly wages and lost Fraser by just £300 pw!
    Fuck me does he have any sense??

Edit...He is saying heads of recruitment should be sacked, and said it's true because it's on CL!
    I though you were joking.  Narrator: "He wasn't"

It's OK because we are going to sign league 1 players from our rivals on loan.  I need to go and lay down after reading his tweets for 5 minutes. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:
    I don’t know if it’s just me but I don’t get all this ‘I wouldn’t mind so and so back’.  Football is a matter of opinion and everyone is different, but I think we’ve got such a romantic view of what former players were like in some instances.  The comment about Page.  Completely respect the poster’s opinion, but why? Same with Cousins. Was he really that great for us, despite him playing a higher division at the time?  I don’t think so.  You can argue he should be capable at this level and one of our promotion rivals have gone for him, but he’s had bad injuries and not really done much since he left us.  

I found it similar with some of the players we let go.  When we released Pratley.  So many comments re: could’ve kept him on as a squad player etc.  I could cry.  We’ve got enough of all that with the ones they’ve retained like Pearce.

One of the reasons is, in honesty, most people who comment on this thread and anywhere else for that matter don't watch much, if any other league 1 football.

Everyone is an expert on Fraser, Kirk, Dale et al but how many times have they actually seen them play?  More to the point actually watched them, not just seen a game they played in?   Everyone one that post comments about players that play for Exeter must stream Exeter games because they didn't have many games on sky last season did they?

Most people however watched Cousins play quite a lot for us, some probably paid a bit of interest in Pigott's career because he was with us.  I would also suggest that there are very few people on this forum who have seen any noncharlton player, that would be a realistic league 1 signing, play at all more than a handful of times.

Most people, on here, will have a valid opinion, one way or the other, about how good Cousins was when he left us.  Has anyone actually seen him play say ten games since he left, I doubt it.  But he can't have been that bad as he was player of the year in a mid table championship team. 
    Or we comment because someone has given us information on who we are interested in or who we may be buying. Not because we've scouted them personally.
  • Mrkinski said:
    Vincenzo said:
    Where’s Charlie Kirk?
    Isn’t that a song by Spizzenergi? That ones for us old folks…
    That’s the chant for Kirk sorted then. Just glad someone got it!

I've run into Spizz a few times around Borough. He’s still going.
  • Addickted said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:
    I don’t know if it’s just me but I don’t get all this ‘I wouldn’t mind so and so back’.  Football is a matter of opinion and everyone is different, but I think we’ve got such a romantic view of what former players were like in some instances.  The comment about Page.  Completely respect the poster’s opinion, but why? Same with Cousins. Was he really that great for us, despite him playing a higher division at the time?  I don’t think so.  You can argue he should be capable at this level and one of our promotion rivals have gone for him, but he’s had bad injuries and not really done much since he left us.  

One of the reasons is, in honesty, most people who comment on this thread and anywhere else for that matter don't watch much, if any other league 1 football.

Everyone is an expert on Fraser, Kirk, Dale et al but how many times have they actually seen them play?  More to the point actually watched them, not just seen a game they played in?   Everyone one that post comments about players that play for Exeter must stream Exeter games because they didn't have many games on sky last season did they?

Most people however watched Cousins play quite a lot for us, some probably paid a bit of interest in Pigott's career because he was with us.  I would also suggest that there are very few people on this forum who have seen any noncharlton player, that would be a realistic league 1 signing, play at all more than a handful of times.

Most people, on here, will have a valid opinion, one way or the other, about how good Cousins was when he left us.  Has anyone actually seen him play say ten games since he left, I doubt it.  But he can't have been that bad as he was player of the year in a mid table championship team. 
    Or we comment because someone has given us information on who we are interested in or who we may be buying. Not because we've scouted them personally.
    Yes but that's different.  A good example would be Randell Williams who we weren't ever actually linked with yet there was a melt down that we weren't in for him.  As far as I know he played against us once so I doubt many people have actually ever seen him play. 

But when someone like Cousins is mentioned every body has a valid opinion because everyone has seen him play multiple times.  So the conversation is more prominent. 
  • Scoham said:
    Maccn05 said:

No I think if there’s value in the the market go for it but equally if there’s a player who can make a difference then pay the fee - it should be a mix.

I know we’ve been in for Sims several times this summer, no idea why he’s not signed.

I still expect loans & kids but let’s see. Maybe a couple of freebies. The squad today hit by COVID shows how lacking we are
  • Vincenzo said:
    Mrkinski said:
    Vincenzo said:
    Where’s Charlie Kirk?
    Isn’t that a song by Spizzenergi? That ones for us old folks…
    That’s the chant for Kirk sorted then. Just glad someone got it!

I've run into Spizz a few times around Borough. He’s still going.
    I remember those kind of parties…
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!