Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    So I have been told that we have cooled our interest in Solomon-Otobor after the knee issues that were highlighted in his medical, he isn't keen to sign a reduced deal and we aren't keen to offer what we initially did before the medical.

We have, however, been in deep discussions with another winger, sounds pretty close.
    Be interesting to see how that one develops. Could be that once word gets around about his knee he won't be able to attract the kind of pay he'd been hoping for and might swing back around to our offer if we keep it on the table. Could be one for late on in the window if nothing else is forthcoming for him
    It doesn't even have to be in the window as he is a free agent.  I honestly think lots of clubs in league 1 will be going deep into September and still doing business.

It's syltill better too get a good one in September than an average one in July.  See Kermorgant, Yann 
    You're absolutely right about late free transfers, though I wonder just how long we would be willing to wait on that before moving on to another target in that position. We need a couple of wingers so if we get one in soon I could see him getting itchy as the close of the window and the chance for anohter winger as a deadline day signing appears
  • It's been a very hot afternoon and I have  walked 6 miles. Is Charlie Kirk any relation to Captain Kirk ? If not is he a winger who plays for Cafc ?
  • Be surprised if we’re in for Joel Randall, lots of champ interest plus they want £1m for him. Kirk or Sims would make more sense. 
  • Beam Kirk up.
  • Not sure what side they both play on but randall and kirk would be great business for the club and ideal at this point ! both young hungry and alot of future sell on value if things go well
  • Love how we are assuming who it is, be prepared for disappointment 😂
  • Who needs Scott Fraser?

What I take from that is not only did we re-sign a crock, but not a very good one at that.

Cool. 

Impressed with Millar’s placing on that table. 
  • edited July 2021
    Who needs Scott Fraser?

What I take from that is not only did we re-sign a crock, but not a very good one at that.

Cool. 
    But it's not a chart showing how good players are.  Its two very specific statistics.

I notice Dozzell, who has just signed for QPR is "worse" than JFC. 
  • I hope it's not Josh Morris.

Ideally it would be Charlie Kirk, would also take Owen Dale, our front 4 would be serious then
  • Sponsored links:

Not us if we can get Charlie Kirk
  • I hope it's not Josh Morris.

Ideally it would be Charlie Kirk, would also take Owen Dale, our front 4 would be serious then
    You're in luck - Morris signed for Salford a couple of weeks back. Kirk and Dale would be very very big statements as signings.
  • CAFCsayer said:
    So I have been told that we have cooled our interest in Solomon-Otobor after the knee issues that were highlighted in his medical, he isn't keen to sign a reduced deal and we aren't keen to offer what we initially did before the medical.

We have, however, been in deep discussions with another winger, sounds pretty close.
    Be interesting to see how that one develops. Could be that once word gets around about his knee he won't be able to attract the kind of pay he'd been hoping for and might swing back around to our offer if we keep it on the table. Could be one for late on in the window if nothing else is forthcoming for him
    Medical opinions can vary from club to club, one mans poison as they say, so who knows, he could still get picked up if the injury we found is not deemed so much of an issue elsewhere, however it is a sign that Thomass medical dept we have heard so much praise for, is showing potential.

If our medical team are highlighting a problem, i'd suggest he probably has one leg
    Can probably play 20mins though
  • edited July 2021
    MarcusH26 said:
    I hope it's not Josh Morris.

You're in luck - Morris signed for Salford a couple of weeks back. Kirk and Dale would be very very big statements as signings.
    I'm sure I read somewhere that Crewe valuate Dale at 1 million + so I think that could be a non-starter. I also don't think we've been linked with him before so my money's on Kirk.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I hope it's not Josh Morris.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Crewe valuate Dale at 1 million + so I think that could be a non-starter. I also don't think we've been linked with him before so my money's on Kirk.
    Yeah Wycombe were quoted 1m for Dale, fully expect he goes to the championship anyway. Kirk would be an excellent move. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    RedRobin said:
    Another day and no rumours! This is so Charlton. 
    This is new Charlton keeping things under wraps .. how many rumours actually come true ?? 
    About this many are correct: 

Addicks59Craig MacGillivray announced on the OS on 28/06
    Addicks59Sandgaard to unveil new partner - John Robinson UAE scout
    Addicks59Akin Famewo offer made
    ButtleJRCeltic to be opponent for pre season
    Cafc43v3rAneke refused new contract - released. (Fricker went to Bowyer)
    Charlton43Charlton Made offer to George Dobson
    Covered_End_LadOshilaja Released
    Covered_End_LadAneke offered contract*
    Covered_End_LadPearce offered contract (Signing announced 22/06/21)
    Covered_End_LadF.Caskey offered contract
    Covered_End_LadAt least one more signing this week (WB 28/06 Dobson signed)
    ElliotCAFCAmos moving back up north... Bought a house in Manchester (pre-tracker)
    J BLOCKStockley permanent deal agreed
    Leaburn ForeverStockley permanent deal to be completed
    Leaburn ForeverFamewo Season Long Loan
    Richard CawleyCharlton make offer for Craig Macgillivray
    RonnieMooreOztumer Released
    SageAmos going South (Looks like Wigan)
    SurvivaloftheFittestJFC haggling over second year contract option - Wages could be the problem. (16 June 2021)
    Unnamed Poster*Pre-season to take place in Wales.
    vfr4lifeGeorge Dobson signing 29/06

This many are TBC or Incorrect:
    To Be ConfirmedAddicks59Schwartz Gone
    To Be ConfirmedAddicks59Morell to sign?
    To Be ConfirmedAddicktedCharlton offered Chuba Akpom - Not sure how to qualify
    To Be ConfirmedAddicktedCharlie Kirk to sign?
    To Be ConfirmedCafc43v3rrelegated midfielder to sign (No idea who)
    To Be ConfirmedCAFC999Shane Ferguson to sign
    To Be ConfirmedCAFCDAZ2 more to sign between 30/06 & 02/06 (One down - Dobson)
    To Be ConfirmedflyingkiwiDKSchwartz out - new Dane in?
    To Be ConfirmedKiwiValleyJaiyesimi WILL NOT be sold in the Summer 21/22 Window.
    To Be ConfirmedVfrfCharlton interested in Panutche Camara
    To Be Confirmedvfr4lifeViv Solomon-Otabor failed medical
    IncorrectAddicks59Piggott to sign? (apparently a joke - wasn't clear at the time)
    IncorrectAddicks59JFC joining Birmingham
    IncorrectAddicks59Paul Mullin has signed 03/07/21
    IncorrectAddicktedSigning to be confirmed Friday Evening
    IncorrectCafc43v3rHeard - Chuks Aneke Done Deal (23/06/21)
    IncorrectDA9Welling Friendly 6th July
    IncorrectI-Saw-Pouso-PlayMatthews joining Cardiff
    IncorrectRonnieMooreDempsey Released (Offered New Contract)
    IncorrectStarinnaddickGeorge Long to sign - Joined Millwall
    IncorrectStarinnaddickReece Burke to sign - Joined Luton

WHAT?! 50% of lifer provided rumours are correct?!

I got two right ... YAY!
  • Is dale any good never seen or heard much about him just looked and he got 12 goals in 48 apps for crewe apparently 🤷🏻‍♂️

These amounts being quoted for players true or not seem very excessive and no wonder gallen and TS are taking there time and not jumping the gun when clubs try to take the piss
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:
    Joel Randall has a vast amount of potential.  Really, he could be special but I can’t see them getting £1m for him.  Really hope it’s him

kirk and Dale are both good players but again never going to be in the £1m bracket just yet

i guess we wait and see next week
    Depends how desperate Crewe are for cash, or whether they're quite comfortable in the current climate.
  • Who is the better player Dale or Kirk?
  • Shane Ferguson? 
  • Is dale any good never seen or heard much about him just looked and he got 12 goals in 48 apps for crewe apparently 🤷🏻‍♂️

These amounts being quoted for players true or not seem very excessive and no wonder gallen and TS are taking there time and not jumping the gun when clubs try to take the piss
    I remember Owen Dale and Lowery tearing us apart at the Valley. I was impressed and only 22. Maybe we will make a cheeky bid nearer the deadline.
  • Swisdom said:
    Joel Randall has a vast amount of potential.  Really, he could be special but I can’t see them getting £1m for him.  Really hope it’s him

kirk and Dale are both good players but again never going to be in the £1m bracket just yet

Depends how desperate Crewe are for cash, or whether they're quite comfortable in the current climate.
    Pretty desperate. 
  • I reckon it's Keith Peacock. 
    He will give us more pace than Watson 
  • bobmunro said:
    Swisdom said:

Pretty desperate. 
    I think your right but they sold Ng and Hardwick in January.  I suspect they will try and play hardball for both Dale and Kirk hoping if they get top dollar for one they can keep the other.

On the subject of Crewe has Wintle signed anywhere yet? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    bobmunro said:
    Swisdom said:

Pretty desperate. 
    I think your right but they sold Ng and Hardwick in January.  I suspect they will try and play hardball for both Dale and Kirk hoping if they get top dollar for one they can keep the other.

On the subject of Crewe has Wintle signed anywhere yet? 
    Wintle joined Cardiff. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Is dale any good never seen or heard much about him just looked and he got 12 goals in 48 apps for crewe apparently 🤷🏻‍♂️

Why is it excessive?  A million quid for a player like Dale or Kirk isn't excessive is it?

If we sold, I don't know Morgan, for a million quid I suspect there would be some anger on here that "nothing had changed".

I don't know why people expect other clubs to give their players away. 
    Personally i feel the player needs to be proven over a period of time to justify the amounts i have read about do you feel they are proven at this level or above for a club like ours looking at promotion and guarentee success for that figure...???

some are crazy amounts in the current climate with covid having ruined alot of clubs i get there trying there luck as a selling club but doubt they will ever get what they really want and i suspect some will lose for free or small sums when contracts run down they need to be realistic
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!