Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• TS will have a pyro display during his opening riff.
  • "Former CAFC journalist".  Is that even a thing?
  • ButtleJR said:
    Does he know anything about Danish gangs?
    Shares in Walkers and Oasis have just shot through the roof...
  • edited July 2021
  • ButtleJR said:
    Ha! He's now got an added badge. His Photoshop skills are improving
  • edited July 2021
    I must admit, I have never thought as I watched Pompey play. 'This team remind me of Man City'. Did he mean, Man City when they were shite?

Players do so much brown nosing when they join a club and it's just for the club's fans.

The Cowley brothers had worked the non League circuit for years when they were PE teachers. I remember seeing them manage at Concord Rangers in an away match.

It's a dam sight easier being a successful manager when you have ,Top international players to come off the bench to play ball retention and quick transition than from the National League north or south where the part time midfield playmaker has worked an 8 hour shift on a building sight before the evening game.

Being in the 3rd tier is magic for the brothers as after getting the Huddersfield job in the championship where for the first time they had to deal with a few guys who were on premier wages of 40k(after being relegated) and had less motivation than players in the 6th and 7th tier of the football pyramid.

Different world where you have to realize the limitations of your players while still trying to improve them.

• Another day and no rumours! This is so Charlton. 
  • Know everyone’s saying don’t panic but you’d like to think come next Saturday, whoever we got, NA would like his starting 11 to be playing together and creating them bonds for the season. Next week is massive 
  • RedRobin said:
    Another day and no rumours! This is so Charlton. 
    This is new Charlton keeping things under wraps .. how many rumours actually come true ?? 
  • RedRobin said:
    This is new Charlton keeping things under wraps .. how many rumours actually come true ?? 
    D:Ream for the new song to run out to at The Valley?
  • Sponsored links:

• RedRobin said:
    Yeah but even so you’d normally hear something. 
  • RedRobin said:
    About this many are correct: 

Addicks59Craig MacGillivray announced on the OS on 28/06
    Addicks59Sandgaard to unveil new partner - John Robinson UAE scout
    Addicks59Akin Famewo offer made
    ButtleJRCeltic to be opponent for pre season
    Cafc43v3rAneke refused new contract - released. (Fricker went to Bowyer)
    Charlton43Charlton Made offer to George Dobson
    Covered_End_LadOshilaja Released
    Covered_End_LadAneke offered contract*
    Covered_End_LadPearce offered contract (Signing announced 22/06/21)
    Covered_End_LadF.Caskey offered contract
    Covered_End_LadAt least one more signing this week (WB 28/06 Dobson signed)
    ElliotCAFCAmos moving back up north... Bought a house in Manchester (pre-tracker)
    J BLOCKStockley permanent deal agreed
    Leaburn ForeverStockley permanent deal to be completed
    Leaburn ForeverFamewo Season Long Loan
    Richard CawleyCharlton make offer for Craig Macgillivray
    RonnieMooreOztumer Released
    SageAmos going South (Looks like Wigan)
    SurvivaloftheFittestJFC haggling over second year contract option - Wages could be the problem. (16 June 2021)
    Unnamed Poster*Pre-season to take place in Wales.
    vfr4lifeGeorge Dobson signing 29/06

This many are TBC or Incorrect:
    To Be ConfirmedAddicks59Schwartz Gone
    To Be ConfirmedAddicks59Morell to sign?
    To Be ConfirmedAddicktedCharlton offered Chuba Akpom - Not sure how to qualify
    To Be ConfirmedAddicktedCharlie Kirk to sign?
    To Be ConfirmedCafc43v3rrelegated midfielder to sign (No idea who)
    To Be ConfirmedCAFC999Shane Ferguson to sign
    To Be ConfirmedCAFCDAZ2 more to sign between 30/06 & 02/06 (One down - Dobson)
    To Be ConfirmedflyingkiwiDKSchwartz out - new Dane in?
    To Be ConfirmedKiwiValleyJaiyesimi WILL NOT be sold in the Summer 21/22 Window.
    To Be ConfirmedVfrfCharlton interested in Panutche Camara
    To Be Confirmedvfr4lifeViv Solomon-Otabor failed medical
    IncorrectAddicks59Piggott to sign? (apparently a joke - wasn't clear at the time)
    IncorrectAddicks59JFC joining Birmingham
    IncorrectAddicks59Paul Mullin has signed 03/07/21
    IncorrectAddicktedSigning to be confirmed Friday Evening
    IncorrectCafc43v3rHeard - Chuks Aneke Done Deal (23/06/21)
    IncorrectDA9Welling Friendly 6th July
    IncorrectI-Saw-Pouso-PlayMatthews joining Cardiff
    IncorrectRonnieMooreDempsey Released (Offered New Contract)
    IncorrectStarinnaddickGeorge Long to sign - Joined Millwall
    IncorrectStarinnaddickReece Burke to sign - Joined Luton

WHAT?! 50% of lifer provided rumours are correct?!

• I wonder if it's anything to do with a Covid related decline in local journalism, business being done "remotely" and less face to face meetings or something else but there are hardly any transfer rumours about anything about.

Was there anything at all about Pigott or Fraser before the day it was announced? 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    RedRobin said:

The main takeaway from this is that although there aren't many rumours around, all the business we've done so far has been rumoured a few days beforehand. This tells me that we probably are (or were) interested in a few players from the TBC list but as we've heard absolutely no rumours this week, nothing is close to being done. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    RedRobin said:

Addicks59Craig MacGillivray announced on the OS on 28/06
    Addicks59Sandgaard to unveil new partner - John Robinson UAE scout
    Addicks59Akin Famewo offer made
    ButtleJRCeltic to be opponent for pre season
    Cafc43v3rAneke refused new contract - released. (Fricker went to Bowyer)
    Charlton43Charlton Made offer to George Dobson
    Covered_End_LadOshilaja Released
    Covered_End_LadAneke offered contract*
    Covered_End_LadPearce offered contract (Signing announced 22/06/21)
    Covered_End_LadF.Caskey offered contract
    Covered_End_LadAt least one more signing this week (WB 28/06 Dobson signed)
    ElliotCAFCAmos moving back up north... Bought a house in Manchester (pre-tracker)
    J BLOCKStockley permanent deal agreed
    Leaburn ForeverStockley permanent deal to be completed
    Leaburn ForeverFamewo Season Long Loan
    Richard CawleyCharlton make offer for Craig Macgillivray
    RonnieMooreOztumer Released
    SageAmos going South (Looks like Wigan)
    SurvivaloftheFittestJFC haggling over second year contract option - Wages could be the problem. (16 June 2021)
    Unnamed Poster*Pre-season to take place in Wales.
    vfr4lifeGeorge Dobson signing 29/06

This many are TBC or Incorrect:
    To Be ConfirmedAddicks59Schwartz Gone
    To Be ConfirmedAddicks59Morell to sign?
    To Be ConfirmedAddicktedCharlton offered Chuba Akpom - Not sure how to qualify
    To Be ConfirmedAddicktedCharlie Kirk to sign?
    To Be ConfirmedCafc43v3rrelegated midfielder to sign (No idea who)
    To Be ConfirmedCAFC999Shane Ferguson to sign
    To Be ConfirmedCAFCDAZ2 more to sign between 30/06 & 02/06 (One down - Dobson)
    To Be ConfirmedflyingkiwiDKSchwartz out - new Dane in?
    To Be ConfirmedKiwiValleyJaiyesimi WILL NOT be sold in the Summer 21/22 Window.
    To Be ConfirmedVfrfCharlton interested in Panutche Camara
    To Be Confirmedvfr4lifeViv Solomon-Otabor failed medical
    IncorrectAddicks59Piggott to sign? (apparently a joke - wasn't clear at the time)
    IncorrectAddicks59JFC joining Birmingham
    IncorrectAddicks59Paul Mullin has signed 03/07/21
    IncorrectAddicktedSigning to be confirmed Friday Evening
    IncorrectCafc43v3rHeard - Chuks Aneke Done Deal (23/06/21)
    IncorrectDA9Welling Friendly 6th July
    IncorrectI-Saw-Pouso-PlayMatthews joining Cardiff
    IncorrectRonnieMooreDempsey Released (Offered New Contract)
    IncorrectStarinnaddickGeorge Long to sign - Joined Millwall
    IncorrectStarinnaddickReece Burke to sign - Joined Luton

WHAT?! 50% of lifer provided rumours are correct?!

I want to know who Addick59's source is, it's a real mixed bag of corrects and incorrects.
  • So I have been told that we have cooled our interest in Solomon-Otobor after the knee issues that were highlighted in his medical, he isn't keen to sign a reduced deal and we aren't keen to offer what we initially did before the medical.

We have, however, been in deep discussions with another winger, sounds pretty close.
    Keep us in the loop mate, excited to learn more!
  • So I have been told that we have cooled our interest in Solomon-Otobor after the knee issues that were highlighted in his medical, he isn't keen to sign a reduced deal and we aren't keen to offer what we initially did before the medical.

We have, however, been in deep discussions with another winger, sounds pretty close.
    Cheers CEL... Was Solomon-Otobor the one you thought was signing the other week?

Hakeeb Adelakun would be nice
  • Sponsored links:

Cheers CEL... Was Solomon-Otobor the one you thought was signing the other week?
    Yeah that’s the one.

Yeah that’s the one.
    It will be interesting what he does as he obviously thought he was getting a pay day but now he’ll have to chose between a wage cut or praying someone gets desperate enough to still give him a good wage. Personally think a lot of players will have egos shattered in next few weeks when unemployment beckons.
  • edited July 2021
    mart77 said:
    So I have been told that we have cooled our interest in Solomon-Otobor after the knee issues that were highlighted in his medical, he isn't keen to sign a reduced deal and we aren't keen to offer what we initially did before the medical.

Yeah that’s the one.
    It will be interesting what he does as he obviously thought he was getting a pay day but now he’ll have to chose between a wage cut or praying someone gets desperate enough to still give him a good wage. Personally think a lot of players will have egos shattered in next few weeks when unemployment beckons.
    All just a game at the moment, we'll see a lot of deals come the final weeks of the window the way clubs are refusing to blink.

Its actually quite nice to see
  • It makes a nice change where the clubs have the power with all the issues currently, the perfect storm has swung the power back to the clubs and not players/agents

Are you trying to tell me we've NOT signed a player because he's injury prone?! I thought that was one of our pre-requisites?!

Appreciate the info CEL!

Hi CEL.

Would you rate this possible new winger as good as Solomon-Otobor and would be a good acquisition, cheers.
  • edited July 2021
    So I have been told that we have cooled our interest in Solomon-Otobor after the knee issues that were highlighted in his medical, he isn't keen to sign a reduced deal and we aren't keen to offer what we initially did before the medical.

Be interesting to see how that one develops. Could be that once word gets around about his knee he won't be able to attract the kind of pay he'd been hoping for and might swing back around to our offer if we keep it on the table. Could be one for late on in the window if nothing else is forthcoming for him
    Medical opinions can vary from club to club, one mans poison as they say, so who knows, he could still get picked up if the injury we found is not deemed so much of an issue elsewhere, however it is a sign that Thomass medical dept we have heard so much praise for, is showing potential.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!