Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• rumour .. we won't be signing anyone else on a permanent basis
  • Heard a rumour the museum is open tomorrow.
    source?
  • Scoham said:
    AndyG said:
    I want to know how all these experts know we arnt going to piss the league before a ball has been kicked ?
    Because NA mentioned the academy so it means we’ll get a few loans at most then fill the remaining gaps in the squad with youth players.

They’ve decided our lack of activity recently is proof that this is the strategy.
    Without any evidence to the contrary then I go by what I've seen & heard.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Let's play a game to pass the time - which other 'meltdown' players are out there who we could still sign? And which tier would you put them in? A few examples based on signings so far:

God tier - guarantees automatic promotion
    Scott Fraser

Quality tier - guarentees top 6
    Joe Pigott
    Charlie Wyke
    Owen Dale
    Charlie Kirk
    Joel Randall

Good tier - proof of serious investment
    Jordan Cousins
    Stephen Humphrys
    All the other Ipswich and Wigan signings, too many to name

Intresting that Crewe haven't sold anyone yet.........  
    and they had a couple of good players there as well
  • AndyG said:
    Jonniesta said:
    Think I'm right in saying we're off the back of 1 defeat in 15. Stabilised the team, stabilised the accounts, saved us from the leeches, brought in the women's team, revamped the medical centre, opened a new training centre for the women's team, brought in a highly qualified manager, let go a lot of the driftwood, kept it open and refreshingly positive. Yet apparently by making an overly ambitious comment about where he'd like the team to be in 1/2/5 years, and because the squad isn't filled as quickly as the pampered masses were hoping, he's fair game for criticism? F'ing disgraceful. 
    You sound like Boris moaning that not everyone is supporting  him after he fails though deliver on  promises.

It is simple.  People are grateful but they had hopes raised and the response was 9,000 season  tickets. 

It is wrong to mislead or over egg promises.  People will feel  they are let down. 

I would buy a season ticket anyway. However we are way short of a viable squad and time IS running out as is the choices available.  We all know the better players in this division.  One of them DJ. 
    We do need more . Too many young players are not the answer apparently. 
    What's misleading exactly? Thomas said he want's us to be in the premiership in 5 years - we are currently over 3 weeks before his first full season as owner. 

I find it utterly staggering how many adults on this forum are getting seemingly aggrieved due to an ambitious comment our owner made, and we've not even kicked a ball in anger yet.

Try the following. 

1) Next year we are going to storm this league.

2) Next year that will be us celebrating like Hull, who win the league. 

3) We will make a marquee signing( I think was said too, or misquoted to
    me )

If that were true I don't see the full intent yet to be honest. I don't know who we failed to get except Graham from Gillingham and Solomon , ex Wigan. 

That is why people are complaining. 

We are 3 weeks from ko of the season. 
    You’re of an age where you should know the difference between positive comments and true facts. Sandgaard and Adkins don’t know we will storm the league and lift the trophy, but they have belief that this club will do it. 

That is why people are not complaining. 

So they were positive remarks and not ones that were meant to convey intent.  My mistake , sorry .
    Are they nor showing intent ?

All these players that clubs have bought so far. Would you swap them for players we have in their position ?
    Would be nice to have someone in their position for a start.....
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Let's play a game to pass the time - which other 'meltdown' players are out there who we could still sign? And which tier would you put them in? A few examples based on signings so far:

Scott Fraser

Joe Pigott
    Charlie Wyke
    Owen Dale
    Charlie Kirk
    Joel Randall

Jordan Cousins
    Stephen Humphrys

They have lost Ryan Wintle to Cardiff, but that was because he was out of contract
  • Rudders22 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

Scott Fraser

Joe Pigott
    Charlie Wyke
    Owen Dale
    Charlie Kirk
    Joel Randall

Jordan Cousins
    Stephen Humphrys

and they had a couple of good players there as well
    There is a low ball offer on the table from Wycombe, far from the £1 million the Alex want 🤔🤔🤔
  • bobmunro said:
    Where's Golfie when you need him? - we need a bit of positivity.
    @RonnieMoore can give us that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    AndyG said:
    I want to know how all these experts know we arnt going to piss the league before a ball has been kicked ?
    Because NA mentioned the academy so it means we’ll get a few loans at most then fill the remaining gaps in the squad with youth players.

They’ve decided our lack of activity recently is proof that this is the strategy.
    Adkins said after the Welling game we’ll sign more players, why say that if it’s not true?
  • Fraser is a very good signing, but don’t agree he should be classed as a “guarantees automatic promotion” player. 
    I agree, no player is that good, but I based it on the meltdowns I’ve seen on here and social media, not my own opinion.
  • Macronate said:
    Ipswich P46 W46 D0 L0 Pts 138
    Wigan P46 W44 D0 L2 Pts 132

….is how I think the top 2 will finish next season.

I also believe it will be a Wigan v Ipswich FA Cup final.
    Fair chance of that in the League Cup as well.
  • edited July 2021
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    AndyG said:

Adkins said after the Welling game we’ll sign more players, why say that if it’s not true?
    Let's hope he didn't have his fingers crossed behind his back ;) ... but seriously agree, think he really does feel that is a probability, mind you what else could he say in that situation.
  • Sponsored links:

• rumour .. we won't be signing anyone else on a permanent basis
    Source?
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    AndyG said:

I think we'll sign some more players, definitely. They will mostly be loans & 1 or 2 may be good, but history has shown than 2 or 3 will be duds. I don't see us splashing out & spending much money by prising away a top talent. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    Heard a rumour the museum is open tomorrow.
    source?
    Unreliable
  • bobmunro said:
    Where's Golfie when you need him? - we need a bit of positivity.
    I'm been at the hospital all morning as my youngest has just been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. 

I've posted a few comments earlier but will be quieter than usual due to hospital visits as the lad had been kept in for a few days.

Suffice to say I think a lot of people thought that TS was going to be spending a bit of money seeing as HE said last year that his aim was promotion by the end of the 2021/22 season at the very least - and in his view we had enough last season for at least top 6. Then when that didnt happen he said that we would "blow through this league" this season......and then NA said ON LIVE TV that the Hull celebrations would be us next year.

You can only go by what people say at the time. Currently imo actions dont marry up with words. No problem, it's Sandgaard's club & his money. If he now thinks that 3 or 4 of the U23's can step up then that's his call. I have my season ticket will be going regardless. Just dont expect me to wet my pants thinking that we will do anything different to last season. Currently we are without a main goalscorer (Stockley is not a 20 goal a season striker......and as most of his goals will be with his head we need decent wingers/ crossing to supply him) and also at least another wide man. Plus a midfield general. Claydon & Morgan could fill those roles but I would prefer someone with more experience.

If you are happy with where we are at the moment then that's fine. I'm not. You might be right.....or I might be. All I would say thay its better to be ahead of the game than behind it. 

Far more important things on your mind Golfie, hope your lad gets all the rest and help required and he is back home soon.
    Seconded. Golfie thinking of you all mate
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    AndyG said:

I think we'll sign some more players, definitely. They will mostly be loans & 1 or 2 may be good, but history has shown than 2 or 3 will be duds. I don't see us splashing out & spending much money by prising away a top talent. 
    I agree I don’t see us spending big money, but I think we could see a few come in towards the end of the window if they become available for a reasonable price, a bit like we saw with DJ.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

We’re signing Darth Vader?
    Now your tarkin
    Just how old Dave Prowse would have said it too, bless him 😉
  • Best of luck to your lad @golfaddick

P.S. I make you right on your assessment of where we are currently. 

• We’re signing Darth Vader?
    He passes the height test at least....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!