Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• CH4RLTON said:
    Has somebody actually said we are not going to sign anymore players or something? What is going on this sudden spoilt blow up of overactions, based purley on what other teams are doing and not focused on our own efforts
    It seems some are beside themselves because Ipswich have signed the new Gascoigne and are 100% going to win the league ! Closely followed by Wigan so that leaves us struggling to get mid table. 
    Time will tell but 100% it wont be that cut and dry I'm sure
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Has somebody actually said we are not going to sign anymore players or something? What is going on this sudden spoilt blow up of overactions, based purley on what other teams are doing and not focused on our own efforts
    I truly have no idea. Adkins specifically said at the weekend work is continuing to sign more players.

Just a lot of idiots out today.
  • Jonniesta said:
    Think I'm right in saying we're off the back of 1 defeat in 15. Stabilised the team, stabilised the accounts, saved us from the leeches, brought in the women's team, revamped the medical centre, opened a new training centre for the women's team, brought in a highly qualified manager, let go a lot of the driftwood, kept it open and refreshingly positive. Yet apparently by making an overly ambitious comment about where he'd like the team to be in 1/2/5 years, and because the squad isn't filled as quickly as the pampered masses were hoping, he's fair game for criticism? F'ing disgraceful. 
    You sound like Boris moaning that not everyone is supporting  him after he fails though deliver on  promises.

It is simple.  People are grateful but they had hopes raised and the response was 9,000 season  tickets. 

It is wrong to mislead or over egg promises.  People will feel  they are let down. 

I would buy a season ticket anyway. However we are way short of a viable squad and time IS running out as is the choices available.  We all know the better players in this division.  One of them DJ. 
    We do need more . Too many young players are not the answer apparently. 
    What's misleading exactly? Thomas said he want's us to be in the premiership in 5 years - we are currently over 3 weeks before his first full season as owner. 

I find it utterly staggering how many adults on this forum are getting seemingly aggrieved due to an ambitious comment our owner made, and we've not even kicked a ball in anger yet.

Try the following. 

1) Next year we are going to storm this league.

2) Next year that will be us celebrating like Hull, who win the league. 

3) We will make a marquee signing( I think was said too, or misquoted to
    me )

If that were true I don't see the full intent yet to be honest. I don't know who we failed to get except Graham from Gillingham and Solomon , ex Wigan. 

That is why people are complaining. 

We are 3 weeks from ko of the season. 
    You’re of an age where you should know the difference between positive comments and true facts. Sandgaard and Adkins don’t know we will storm the league and lift the trophy, but they have belief that this club will do it. 

That is why people are not complaining. 

So they were positive remarks and not ones that were meant to convey intent.  My mistake , sorry .
    Are they nor showing intent ?

All these players that clubs have bought so far. Would you swap them for players we have in their position ?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Sorry but fuck me, on the last game of the season with Hull celebrating behind him, Adkins (Mr Positive) turned and said "that will be us next year".  Now people are using it to bash him? 
     Mental.

I love his positivity, rather that than the dourness of some previous managers. 

When he said it I didn't think "right, well that is a locked on fact I will now buy a season ticket", I thought, "Great, ambition, positivity, love that".

Can we please stop quoting his words as though if we are not Champions he has lied and let us down.  It is just pathetic.

Sorry for the rant - it's hot! 
    He could have said, " Hopefully or I want that to be us next year ". I took it to be celebrating promotion, not being champions.
    STOP FUCKING WHINING OVER WHAT A MANAGER SAID TO CONSOLE HIS PLAYERS
    Resorting to swearing and pretend shouting doesn't solve a problem or make you right. I thought a forum was for debate, not just you opinions followed by abuse
    It is my opinion that you really need to stop whining over what a manager said to console his players, pretty please with a cherry on top... And sprinkles too.
  • I'd have liked to have seen more signings by now.

But that hasn't happened.

It may still.

It may not.

Football seasons are nine months long.

We can start badly and finish well

We can start well and finish badly

We can be bad or good all season.

We can be mediocre all season.

I hope we do well and get promoted.

I accept that might not happen.

That is all 

LLLBH

Thank you Henry for your predictions for the 2021/22 season. 
  • So many posters getting het up because .... of what, their own angst because they themselves perceive the club is sitting on it's hands?
    We've no idea what's happening behind the scenes, except the manager himself saying that the club are working on more players expected to sign soon.

Why don't people just accept what is being said ..... at least for now?
    No amount of our agitating and anxiety on our part is going to change the outcome.

As a previous manager frequently said: 
    "Control the things you can control. And let go of the things you can't".

It's lovely weather. If you're stuck at work - well hard luck; for a change do some bleddy work!
    If you're at home, go sit in the garden if you can.
    And if you don't have a garden, go for a walk: walking's brilliant. :wink:

• I'd have liked to have seen more signings by now.

But that hasn't happened.

It may still.

It may not.

Football seasons are nine months long.

We can start badly and finish well

We can start well and finish badly

We can be bad or good all season.

We can be mediocre all season.

I hope we do well and get promoted.

I accept that might not happen.

That is all 

LLLBH

Thank you Henry for your predictions for the 2021/22 season. 
    Not exactly Mystic Meg, is it?
  • edited July 2021
    thenewbie said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Sorry but fuck me, on the last game of the season with Hull celebrating behind him, Adkins (Mr Positive) turned and said "that will be us next year".  Now people are using it to bash him? 
     Mental.

I love his positivity, rather that than the dourness of some previous managers. 

When he said it I didn't think "right, well that is a locked on fact I will now buy a season ticket", I thought, "Great, ambition, positivity, love that".

Can we please stop quoting his words as though if we are not Champions he has lied and let us down.  It is just pathetic.

Sorry for the rant - it's hot! 
    He could have said, " Hopefully or I want that to be us next year ". I took it to be celebrating promotion, not being champions.
    STOP FUCKING WHINING OVER WHAT A MANAGER SAID TO CONSOLE HIS PLAYERS
    Resorting to swearing and pretend shouting doesn't solve a problem or make you right. I thought a forum was for debate, not just you opinions followed by abuse
    It is my opinion that you really need to stop whining over what a manager said to console his players, pretty please with a cherry on top... And sprinkles too.
    Where’s the “he only said it to console his players” thing coming from? My recollection is that he said it to players in the dressing room and then said it again to the media afterwards. If it was solely to console the players why would he have done the later?

I think Adkins and Sandgaard both publicly set expectations high, probably higher than I would have done, and I very much hope that we achieve the high expectations that have been set. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Pigott’s gone to Ipswich.

MELTDOWN!
  • Scoham said:
    Let's play a game to pass the time - which other 'meltdown' players are out there who we could still sign? And which tier would you put them in? A few examples based on signings so far:

God tier - guarantees automatic promotion
    Scott Fraser

Quality tier - guarentees top 6
    Joe Pigott
    Charlie Wyke
    Owen Dale
    Charlie Kirk
    Joel Randall

Good tier - proof of serious investment
    Jordan Cousins
    Stephen Humphrys
    All the other Ipswich and Wigan signings, too many to name

• ....so here goes. On Williams returning. I wouldn’t rule that one out. He hasn’t. 
  • Fraser is a very good signing, but don’t agree he should be classed as a “guarantees automatic promotion” player. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Fuck it. I’m gonna make one up. Apparently we’re in for Charlie Kirk saw it In a dream
    Hardly groundbreaking B)
  • And Andy Delort 
  • Every year we seem to end up with lots of loan plays and at the end of the season off they go back to there clubs,then the next season same again,let some of our own youngsters have a go,we are only in div 1,shouldn't be too hard to step up 
  • Heard a rumour the museum is open tomorrow.
  • edited July 2021
    doronron said:
    Every year we seem to end up with lots of loan plays and at the end of the season off they go back to there clubs,then the next season same again,let some of our own youngsters have a go,we are only in div 1,shouldn't be too hard to step up 
    You’ve just described the loan system though, which every club does. 
  • doronron said:
    Every year we seem to end up with lots of loan plays and at the end of the season off they go back to there clubs,then the next season same again,let some of our own youngsters have a go,we are only in div 1,shouldn't be too hard to step up 
    It isn't a "problem" unique to us though is it.  Signing players like Cullen, Beilik even Millar on permanents in league 1 is almost impossible.  While 5 loans isn't ideal get 3 or 4 ones of that level and it could make the difference between mid table and promotion. As it did in 18/19 even after the perfect summer window Powell still used loads of loans, although the rules were very different. 
  • Scoham said:
    Let's play a game to pass the time - which other 'meltdown' players are out there who we could still sign? And which tier would you put them in? A few examples based on signings so far:

God tier - guarantees automatic promotion
    Scott Fraser

Quality tier - guarentees top 6
    Joe Pigott
    Charlie Wyke
    Owen Dale
    Charlie Kirk
    Joel Randall

Good tier - proof of serious investment
    Jordan Cousins
    Stephen Humphrys
    All the other Ipswich and Wigan signings, too many to name

Intresting that Crewe haven't sold anyone yet.........  
  • RedJohn said:
    Scott Fraser is 26 years old and has played for the teams below.....

Years
    TeamApps(Gls)
    2014–2018Dundee United81(9)
    2014–2015→ Airdrieonians (loan)28(5)
    2018–2020Burton Albion72(11)
    2020–2021Milton Keynes Dons44(14)
    2021–Ipswich Town0(0)
    Why is he so special that everybody wants him, his last game that most fans saw, he didnt get a kick, Pratley marked him out of the game.

He tore us apart the first time MK Dons played us last season, I'd guess that's probably the main thought process for most 
  • RedJohn said:
    Scott Fraser is 26 years old and has played for the teams below.....

Years
    TeamApps(Gls)
    2014–2018Dundee United81(9)
    2014–2015→ Airdrieonians (loan)28(5)
    2018–2020Burton Albion72(11)
    2020–2021Milton Keynes Dons44(14)
    2021–Ipswich Town0(0)
    Why is he so special that everybody wants him, his last game that most fans saw, he didnt get a kick, Pratley marked him out of the game.

He tore us apart the first time MK Dons played us last season, I'd guess that's probably the main thought process for most 
    Plenty of average players did at the valley last season
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!