Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited July 2021
    Apologies if this player has already been mentioned, another Peterborough player that I feel we can go in for is Szmodics, he was quality last season and feel we need that playmaker and midfielder who can get 10+ goals a season.! What you lifers reckon?
    We have no chance of signing him. He is one of their best players and by the way on last seasons form Mo Eisa isn't.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Didn't Jason Pearce do it?
    Yup
    They were in the Championship when we signed him from Wigan, weren’t they? 
    They had just won league 1 and "bined him off", for want of a better expression. 
  • Apologies if this player has already been mentioned, another Peterborough player that I feel we can go in for is Szmodics, he was quality last season and feel we need that playmaker and midfielder who can get 10+ goals a season.! What you lifers reckon?
    There is a precedent for a player going up with a side from League One and then leaving to join a League One club.

Unfortunately, that precedent is Gary Doherty.

The one and only time I was in the dressing room before a match was when Parkinson was Manager and I got an invite from our keeper Coach, Andy Woodman.
    1 hour and 35 minutes before the game Gary Doherty was flat out on his back grabbing some dream time.
    Unfortunately that day Gary didn't wake up until the second half despite being on the field for the whole game !

• "15 pages since mid-day" I thought.

"Something is happening" I thought.
  • sammy391 said:

Macanthony has liked both tweets
    Well he may have liked the tweet about us but it's pretty obvious Portsmouth have bid for Eisa by him saying 'top 8' club. 
  • sammy391 said:

Well he may have liked the tweet about us but it's pretty obvious Portsmouth have bid for Eisa by him saying 'top 8' club. 
    At least it rules Wigan out for a change.
  • Maybe Top 8 is based on income and wages, rather than where they finished last season? 
  • I'd forgotten about Pearce... watching Doherty play was that traumatic.

His nose used to play the opposition onside. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't Jason Pearce do it?
    Yes, but he didn't figure in Wigan's plans.
    I was going to add it was probably more the club’s decision than the player’s.  I would imagine it’s quite common for a number of promoted clubs to jettison players they don’t feel are good enough 
  • sammy391 said:

He probably didn’t look at the league table below second
  • If Pope is sold for £15m, we could get nearly £4m. I think that is a low estimate.
    This has probably been covered (I'm always late sorry) but whatever we get would be spread over a period of time the same as Burnley would receive staged payments from the buyer.
  • In terms of where the Pope money might go. Wasn’t there a whole thing that the rat still got money from when a player standard liege sold to Porto and then went to city and had like a 30% sell on clause and he got all the money even though he sold the club 2 years before. Really wouldn’t be surprised that’s the same with our players like Pope and Gomez. 
  • Fraser to Ipswich confirmed
  • Sponsored links:

• They're looking good Ipswich, doing the business I hoped we'd do.
  • edited July 2021
    Ipswich are taking the piss. Wages and Transfer fees combined they’ve spent a huge amount of money (for league 1).
  • It reads to me like Ipswich wanted Crooks from Rotherham but couldn’t get him so have gone for Fraser.
  • Sorry have I missed something?
    The local paper says there set to sign Fraser not that they have signed him.
    They may well complete the deal but it doesn't say they have.
  • I have a feeling Ipswich may just blow through League One this season.. 😉
  • They’ve signed him 
  • Sorry have I missed something?
    The local paper says there set to sign Fraser not that they have signed him.
    They may well complete the deal but it doesn't say they have.
    It’s on their OS, it’s done.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!