Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• AndyG said:
    Who is going to pay the money for Pope ? he is without doubt a great keeper but the top sides now want keepers that can distribute the ball and Pope is very weak in that department. Plus none of the top sides are in the market to pay big bucks for a keeper I dont think
    I would say the only club that jumps out is Spurs if they lose their keeper to PSG. Man Utd may join the market if they can offload De Gea. But that is essentially the problem.
    PSG look like they are signing Dunnarunner ( pun intended ) 
  • edited July 2021
    Richard J said:
    I am not so sure about Pope moving now. My theory was based on PSG buying Lloris and Spurs needing a new number one.

I read today that Italy's giant keeper Donnarkumma is likely to move to Paris so maybe Hugo will stay at White Hart Lane afterall.

I can't see any other potential top six vacancies currently. 
    Likely? He's already there mate haha 

The only big prem team I see getting Pope would be Arsenal if Leno goes, even then I'm not sure they would. Only other shout is Leicester when Kasper goes but that's a couple of seasons away. Doubt many other clubs need him/could afford him.

Just seen Lloris contract with Spurs done next year and he will be 35 so you imagine they may not extend, so next summer them going for Pope wouldn't surprise me, but it wouldn't be crazy amounts I imagine.

Either way Nick Pope's sale does not determine our summer at all imo
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Eisa playing behind Stockley just based on watching his montages could work very well or even as a partnership up top, definitely a player I wouldn't turn my nose up at 
     Are we gonna go 4-2-3-1? I could see that working out quite well as an option, but that puts a few of our better players in odd positions. 
    I believe so yes. At Southampton it’s what he played, at Hull for the most of his time there it was 4231, last few games he played a 4411. Either way it’s clear he likes wingers or inside forwards working with a lone target man and a play maker behind. No problems with the formation, it’s very good if you have the right players for it 
    If last night at Welling was anything to go by NA likes a good old diagonal pass out of defence to a winger.
    Bring back Naby!
  • Probably still goes to Duchatelet back pocket 
    It may well do if we used it to buy the training ground.......... 
  • I think he looked a good player but won't Posh want to keep him?
  • Apologies if this player has already been mentioned, another Peterborough player that I feel we can go in for is Szmodics, he was quality last season and feel we need that playmaker and midfielder who can get 10+ goals a season.! What you lifers reckon?
    It would be nice but why would Peterborough sell and why would he want to come back to League 1 when surely he'll be part of their plans in the Championship unless I've missed something and he's out of contract or been transfer listed?
  • I think he looked a good player but won't Posh want to keep him?
    Not if the price would be right but I suppose we all know what their chairman is all about though.!
  • Apologies if this player has already been mentioned, another Peterborough player that I feel we can go in for is Szmodics, he was quality last season and feel we need that playmaker and midfielder who can get 10+ goals a season.! What you lifers reckon?
    I don’t think we’re in the position to be poaching the best players from Championship sides.
  • Sponsored links:

I don’t think we’re in the position to be poaching the best players from Championship sides.
    But we have a five year plan don't we..Europe here we come,  B)
  • If Pope is sold for £15m, we could get nearly £4m. I think that is a low estimate.
    I thought we were on 20% of any profit.

IF we sold him for £2m, which was the figure mentioned at the time but not on the OS, and he's sold for £15m we get 20% of £13m which is £2.6m

There was talk of £50m but that seems far fetched.  If true we'd get £9.6m

Could buy a few Frasers and Eisas with that and fund important stuff like the museum.
    Just out of interest, do you think any sell on money would go to Charlton, or is there potential Roland would have something written down in a contract somewhere that he’s having some of the dosh?. Wondering if that’s been thought about.
  • edited July 2021
    https://the72.co.uk/242126/sheffield-united-to-talk-to-regan-slater-about-his-immediate-future-over-the-coming-days/

Regan Slater move to Hull has stalled due to their embargo. Apparently also linked to Preston and Charlton.

He played 27 games for Hull last season in central midfield.
  • I think we already have his natural position (holding mid) covered with Dobson and Watson but seems like an all action type who may do well if we needed someone more box to box.
  • Seeing as Duchatelet owns the ground and has sold the club, it is difficult to see how he would get any money due to the club. Yes, he could have insisted it was signed into a contract but not sure anybody would agree to that and as it was something that may not happen, I doubt that would have been a deal breaker.
    SG "Hi Sammy I know you've just been promoted to the Championship, but how do you fancy coming back to League 1?"

SS "Yeah righto Steve", then falls about laughing.
  • https://the72.co.uk/242126/sheffield-united-to-talk-to-regan-slater-about-his-immediate-future-over-the-coming-days/

Regan Slater move to Hull has stalled due to their embargo. Apparently also linked to Preston and Charlton.

He played 27 games for Hull last season in central midfield.
    Could be an option for an initial 6 months loan?  I'll think we will have one and I think it will be a center mid, not a no10.  Could tick a lot of boxes. 
  • Seeing as Duchatelet owns the ground and has sold the club, it is difficult to see how he would get any money due to the club. Yes, he could have insisted it was signed into a contract but not sure anybody would agree to that and as it was something that may not happen, I doubt that would have been a deal breaker.
    3rd party ownership.  RD is highly unlikely to be able to directly benefit from a transfer. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn't Jason Pearce do it?
    Yup
    There is a precedent for a player going up with a side from League One and then leaving to join a League One club.

Unfortunately, that precedent is Gary Doherty.
    And Jason Pearce
    Yes, but he didn't figure in Wigan's plans.
  • I'd forgotten about Pearce... watching Doherty play was that traumatic.
  • Didn't Szmodics come from Bristol City who obviously didn't think him Championship standard at the time? Think he is now though.
    Not a chance

Is he any good for headaches?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Didn't Jason Pearce do it?
    Yup
    They were in the Championship when we signed him from Wigan, weren’t they? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!