Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Wigan have signed 9, released 8.  That's a very solid spine by league 1 standards. 

If, and it's a big if, they get their loans right they will be right up there.  You could also say that about half the divison at the moment.

I wouldn't have Wyke over Stockley but I would have Humphrys over N.O.One who we currently have.

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating and I am confident we will be more than competitive this season.  But as it stands Wigan look a good bet, but no leagues are ever won 4 weeks before they start.  Well maybe Scotland 😝😝
  • Lincoln did quite well last season and I don't think that they spent much on transfers
  • edited July 2021
    Lincoln did quite well last season and I don't think that they spent much on transfers
    They didn't spend much in fees but they signed 27 players over the course of the season. 
  • I think we can send out a competitive side at the moment. Is the squad stronger than last season's? No it isn't but the club has said recruitment hasn't finished so it can be. We have to look at what that recruitment is and make our judgments from there. 
  • I bet MS will be trawling through that with a tooth comb.
    Doubt it. Simon Jordan tore him a new on last year when he had to explain profit and loss, gross and net profit. Live!!😂
  • Peterborough Chairman basically just hinted that we’ve had a bid rejected for Mo Eisa 
  • Swisdom said:
    mendonca said:
    I’m not in panic mode, but have the top 2 places already gone too Ipswich and Wigan, given their transfer dealings so far?
    Man City didn't even win the league the season after their huge spending. It took them time to build a synergy and not just bang the goals in and concede more. 

The Top 2 places for spending have definitely gone to Ipswich and Wigan.
    Precisely.  Spending doesn't necessarily equal success
    It doesn't necessarily equal success if you're talking in PL terms. For example Man U could spend 100m but when you have City and Chelsea spending 150m it might not get United very far.

But i'd say there's a strong chance that a side spending big sums on their squad in league one will have a good chance of promotion. Especially when a large proportion of the division is struggling financially post-covid.
    Spending is the single biggest predictor of success. It isn’t a guarantee and there are other factors, but no question it gives you the biggest chance.
    Last seasons top 4 in the premiership had the 4 biggest wage bills and the 4 most expensive squads. 
  • edited July 2021
    sammy391 said:
    Peterborough Chairman basically just hinted that we’ve had a bid rejected for Mo Eisa 
    Best not bringing him into it :) He is trying to offload him.
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:
    Peterborough Chairman basically just hinted that we’ve had a bid rejected for Mo Eisa 
    How so?
  • CafcSCP said:
    I bet MS will be trawling through that with a tooth comb.
    Doubt it. Simon Jordan tore him a new on last year when he had to explain profit and loss, gross and net profit. Live!!😂
    Is there anyway of hearing that?

• Macanthony has liked both tweets
  • CafcSCP said:
    I bet MS will be trawling through that with a tooth comb.
    Is there anyway of hearing that?
    https://fb.watch/v/T1jswPTB/
  • sammy391 said:
    How so?

• This is why the “keeping your business private” mantra lauded on here is nonsense, by the way. It’s not just your business.
  • edited July 2021
    Edit : just seen above 👍
  • ButtleJR said:
    sammy391 said:
    If you're getting that info from his Twitter Q&A, I have no clue how you came to that conclusion. He said he's turned down bids from 2 top 8 clubs and one isn't Sunderland... Not saying one's not us but come on. 
    Someone asked him to like their tweet if we were one of the clubs, he liked the tweet. 
  • I’m not in panic mode, but have the top 2 places already gone too Ipswich and Wigan, given their transfer dealings so far?
    Absolutely not. Yes I’m sure they will be there or thereabouts but so will another seven teams. How each team does doesn’t just depend on the players in the team. The manager, squad backup, injuries, suspensions, harmony, luck will all play a part. Tall order to pick the  two top spots in this league. I don’t doubt they’ll both be at least playoff contenders but so will we.
  • Lincoln did quite well last season and I don't think that they spent much on transfers
    Lincoln, Wycombe, Shrewsbury all valid arguments in recent years but look at which clubs are around them in the table. It’s about probability.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    So anyone with club links got any inside tracks?

I have  got cufflinks and a lot of Bob Dylan tracks.
  • ButtleJR said:
    sammy391 said:
    If you're getting that info from his Twitter Q&A, I have no clue how you came to that conclusion. He said he's turned down bids from 2 top 8 clubs and one isn't Sunderland... Not saying one's not us but come on. 
    He’s liked two tweets. 
    One saying ‘Charlton?’
    the other ‘Like this tweet if it was Charlton’ 
  • To be fair darragh just liked a tweet from someone when they suggested if Charlton were on of the teams who bidded on Eisa. Think this one could have legs 
  • Eisa playing behind Stockley just based on watching his montages could work very well or even as a partnership up top, definitely a player I wouldn't turn my nose up at 
  • Darragh does talk a lot of rubbish, still going on about Eisa being a guaranteed 20 goal a season striker if he plays 40 games so no doubt he's valuing him at that which is probably a couple £m.

Not a chance in hell we're spending more than ~£500k on a single player imo
  • edited July 2021
    Eisa didnt really get a look in last season, Id much rather we spent the fee on a higher offer for fraiser
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!