Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    I wonder if we'll see any triallists tonight or Saturday. Even in a "normal" summer we usually have triallists involved in these games
    Really surprised we've not seen any trialists in the first 2 games
     Plus lack of trialists be down to Covid bubbles?
    Wayne Rooney County seem to have a large number of players on trail with them, though I don't know if have played a match. And the Welling team tonight is full of trialists
    Or trailists if you're reading Welling's team sheet.

“Trailist”
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Been doing some digging through "football sources" on why the market is so stagnant.

The general impression I have got is more than half the EFL have taken out these monitored grants (loans), the ones that are currently under embargo are only the ones that have already breached the terms.

A lot of them are waiting to sell a player to pay it back and its become a Dutch auction.  Teams offering a fraction of what they know the player is worth, knowing the selling club need the money before they can do anything themselves.  Good players who are out of contract are getting offered pennies.  The exception is when they are players multiple clubs really want (Wyke and Pigott were mentioned by name).

From what I gather 2 or 3 "big transfers" from the EFL to the prem will kick start the whole thing, else clubs will be giving away talent come the end of August.

It's more of a poker hand than normal.  Hold your nerve is the word on the street.

Anyway no idea if that's factual, just passing it on. 
    Stockley to Palace
    Morgan to Watford
    Watson to Man City

Well someone has to kick start the market  ;)
  • Doesn’t surprise me, and I’ve been of the mind for a while, that until money starts flowing in the Premier League, it won’t move elsewhere. It needs a move like Grealish to City or Pope to anyone, with Villa/Burnley spending in the EFL
  • edited July 2021
    Wrong Thread!
  • Wrong Trout!
    Nothing posted in here is on the wrong thread. This is where ideas come to die or be turned into a pun. 
  • Richard J said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Been doing some digging through "football sources" on why the market is so stagnant.

The general impression I have got is more than half the EFL have taken out these monitored grants (loans), the ones that are currently under embargo are only the ones that have already breached the terms.

A lot of them are waiting to sell a player to pay it back and its become a Dutch auction.  Teams offering a fraction of what they know the player is worth, knowing the selling club need the money before they can do anything themselves.  Good players who are out of contract are getting offered pennies.  The exception is when they are players multiple clubs really want (Wyke and Pigott were mentioned by name).

From what I gather 2 or 3 "big transfers" from the EFL to the prem will kick start the whole thing, else clubs will be giving away talent come the end of August.

It's more of a poker hand than normal.  Hold your nerve is the word on the street.

Anyway no idea if that's factual, just passing it on. 
    Pope to Spurs would certainly kickstart our spending .
    Ideal club for The Pope
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone know anything about Abdul Abdulmalik and how much Millwall would be due in compensation?

To go from being wanted by Arsenal to Portsmouth not pursuing a deal after him being there, I can only assume its wages/fee plus guarantee of first team football?  Else he would have stayed at Millwall?

Seems a strange one. 
  • edited July 2021
    Edit: ignore, different player 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Anyone know anything about Abdul Abdulmalik and how much Millwall would be due in compensation?

To go from being wanted by Arsenal to Portsmouth not pursuing a deal after him being there, I can only assume its wages/fee plus guarantee of first team football?  Else he would have stayed at Millwall?

Seems a strange one. 
    I think he is highly rated at Millwall apparently just lacks a bit with final ball. SLP article said compensation payment too strong for Pompey! 
  • Adkins talking to London press said we are bringing in more players - wonder who we are talking to ? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Anyone know anything about Abdul Abdulmalik and how much Millwall would be due in compensation?

Seems a strange one. 
    I think he is highly rated at Millwall apparently just lacks a bit with final ball. SLP article said compensation payment too strong for Pompey! 
    Couldn't a club with a CAT1 academy sign him under the EPP nonsense?

Or a Scottish club for next to nothing?  Does he want first team wages and place?  Unless Portsmouth thought he would be good enough for their first team I can't see why a) he would even go on trial b) why he would leave Millwall for Pompey.

Like I said its strange. 
  • thenewbie said:
    Adkins talking to London press said we are bringing in more players - wonder who we are talking to ? 
    Honestly.... I'm not actually that fussed right now. The confirmation that we are definitely looking at players is fine by me, it's refreshing to have a professional enough team that we are keeping everything behind closed doors.
    There still a lot of players that are holding out for the “big move “ but soon like Pigott reality will kick in 
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    Adkins talking to London press said we are bringing in more players - wonder who we are talking to ? 
    Honestly.... I'm not actually that fussed right now. The confirmation that we are definitely looking at players is fine by me, it's refreshing to have a professional enough team that we are keeping everything behind closed doors.
    To hell with you, with your maturity, common sense and laid back patience.
    I want marquee signings and I want them now!  ;)
    A fair argument, eloquently made 😏
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Seems a strange one. 

Or a Scottish club for next to nothing?  Does he want first team wages and place?  Unless Portsmouth thought he would be good enough for their first team I can't see why a) he would even go on trial b) why he would leave Millwall for Pompey.

Like I said its strange. 

I know nothing about it or him but isn't it just his Agent spouting bollox about big clubs being interested, probably nothing in the links.  Depending on his age Millwall maybe looking for him to simply plug a gap in their U23s much like we do with any number of players, without any expectation of him making it and so offering very low wages and he is hunting around for other offers and failing to find them?
  • thenewbie said:
    That's hardly a massive revelation from Adkins. Every manager in every league at the moment will be looking at players, from Man City down to the 10th tier!
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Seems a strange one. 

Like I said its strange. 

I know nothing about it or him but isn't it just his Agent spouting bollox about big clubs being interested, probably nothing in the links.  Depending on his age Millwall maybe looking for him to simply plug a gap in their U23s much like we do with any number of players, without any expectation of him making it and so offering very low wages and he is hunting around for other offers and failing to find them?
    I don't think that's the case here, he has played over age and for England and is only just 18 🤔🤔
  • edited July 2021
    thenewbie said:
    There still a lot of players that are holding out for the “big move “ but soon like Pigott reality will kick in 
    Exactly this, there are so many out of contract players still available and waiting it out for other bigger options. I’ve no doubt the club is working hard on signings but looks like agents/players aren’t prepared to commit just yet. Reality will set in soon enough. 
  • Now the Euros are gone, this is the place to come, apart from Ronnie and his new missus, any incomings and outgoings?

• Could this have affected our transfer dealings?
  • I bet MS will be trawling through that with a tooth comb.
  • PWADDICK said:

Could this have affected our transfer dealings?
    You mean by agents seeing how much money we made last season? 😉
  • edited July 2021
    PWADDICK said:

Could this have affected our transfer dealings?
    Yes and no.  It could of if it hadn't been rectified but the good people at the EFL now have the common desency to publish who is under an embargo. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!