Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Review Pampers New Baby nappies Review  MotherampBaby

Gonna leave this here for those who are shitting themselves/ overreacting about TS, the team and apparent lack of signings etc etc..

I dont understand this panic...I honestly dont. 

Things will come together, SG has done more on less and with TS backing, I have no doubt that the team will be where it needs to be come the start of the season. 
  • sam3110 said:
    AndyG said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    thenewbie said:
    Redrobo said:
    Richard J said:
    A couple of comments. 

I am not panicking. I was sad to see Amos leave but feel MacGillivray is an adequate replacement. The gap here is a number two if AMB gets his loan. 

Right Back is sorted at least until the January window when both Chris and Adam would only have six months of their contract left. I suspect if one of them doesn't feature much then they might be moved on.We certainly need another left back and right sided centre half.

In midfield we need at least a play maker and two wingers. Now JFC is out we need at least one of these to be left footed.

Up front we need one possibly two depending on Schwartz.

I make that at least seven in all. 
    Are you ruling out all our youngsters?

Honestly, as weird as it sounds... We probably actually should. IF someone from the youth team happens to have a breakthrough season and gets into the first team, then it's great news. But we absolutely should not be starting a season hoping that somewhere in the academy is a youth player 1) good enough and 2) mentally able to complete a senior squad.

Like I said, if such a player does come through then fantastic. But we really can't assume that will happen.
    The problem is, as Gallen has mentioned before, is that the group that should be making the step up now either already have or have left.

This should be the break through season for some of the 19-21 years.

Morgan is already an established member of the 1st team squad and Vennings, Dempsey and Davison have been on the fringe for a while.  Mingi seems to have left, no idea if the contract is still on the table. It's a big ask for either of the 2 u23 strikers to fill Chuks boots in their first season.

Remember KAG was only 20 at the start of the 18/19 season.  Despite it feeling like he had been here for ever.

We had an outstanding group of U18s last year, most have signed pro deals, but they are very young.  Even at league 1 level it's asking a lot for a teenager to be a regular.  Even some of our very best academy graduates weren't regulars as teenagers and some of them went on to play for England. 
    Agreed, we have a great group of U18s, but it's asking a lot to expect them to be regulars. The U23s, where you'd expect players to step up, were much weaker. The likes of Davison and Dempsey did little in their loan spells to suggest they can play a major part in a promotion seeking L1 side.
    I kind of agree but there are a few ( Barker for one imo ) who should be part of the 1st team set up this season. Yes you have to take age into account but likewise they should not be excluded because of age. When Barker has played did he look out of place ?
    Yes he did, he was way out of his depth and still would be. People keep banging on about Barker but he was used as an absolute last resort at the time. He's a decent prospect but he's National League level at most right now, and if players like him are in and around the first team a lot this season then we'll struggle to trouble the playoff spots
    My take on it (and its only my opinion) is that this is the way we are going. Sandgaard chose NA as a manager because one of the things NA likes is to promote the youth. SG has also said that he wants to bring the overall age of the squad down. NA also said before the Celtic match that he is looking at the youth players to supplement the first team.

This, along with (again only my opinion) the lack of major transfer activity when we are behind a lot of our competitors in this league (Oxford only let 3 players go & have have already signed their replacements) leads me to think that 4 or 5 of the U23's will be used a lot more than some posters think. 
    I dont think there’s much chance we’ll promote 4 or 5 u23s with them all playing a big part next season. That many might be involved, probably more with the cups, but you can’t throw that many in and aim for promotion. 

There are plenty of other clubs in the same position as us, needing several signings. It’s been quieter than we’d all like but I still expect 4/5 more at least to come in, and we always knew 2-4 of those will be towards the end of the window.

Roland thought you could turn youth into first team players just by giving them game time. I don’t see TS being that naive.
  • Probably stuck on the M1 somewhere...
    Do you reckon he is in Boot of Stephen Kelly’s car?
    Dont be silly... Stephen is on the M25 still, completely different road

Gonna leave this here for those who are shitting themselves/ overreacting about TS, the team and apparent lack of signings etc etc..

Things will come together, SG has done more on less and with TS backing, I have no doubt that the team will be where it needs to be come the start of the season. 
    Not in need of your very kind offer ...yet ;) , but just wondering where do you start, not to panic, but show some concern for the apparent lack of new blood, even a 50/50 rumour, just something.
    We are just over 3 weeks away from the start of the season, and will hopefully need a week at least to bed in any new arrivals, so maybe not panic, a bit of an exaggeration, but permission to show a bit of concern.
  • Are any of the u-23’s good enough? Henry and Clayton might get a bit of bench time, anyone else?
  • Are any of the u-23’s good enough? Henry and Clayton might get a bit of bench time, anyone else?
    Josh Davison? Vennings? Barker?

• Too lazy to read the article but Buldock  and Aluko are there as well.  Apologies if it says it. 

Not in need of your very kind offer ...yet ;) , but just wondering where do you start, not to panic, but show some concern for the apparent lack of new blood, even a 50/50 rumour, just something.
    We are just over 3 weeks away from the start of the season, and will hopefully need a week at least to bed in any new arrivals, so maybe not panic, a bit of an exaggeration, but permission to show a bit of concern.
    I look at it more that just dont know what is going on behind the scenes, good or bad, so why worry TOO much. Ignorance is bliss and all that!
    Signings are great and really get the excitement going for the new season. 

3 weeks is a long time & if we signed 2-3 people for 3 days straight say, the numbers in the squad would look healthier with plenty of time to spare.

Tbh...I just wanna see the new kit!!
  • Is that a hint? 
    That would be an unbelievable signing.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Are any of the u-23’s good enough? Henry and Clayton might get a bit of bench time, anyone else?
    Have Davison and Vennings actually shown anything to prove they could step up?  Davison couldn't get in the Forest Green team at times last season.

Vennings probably needs a loan after his injuries last season.

I have 100% confidence we will have the squad we want and need by 1st of September.  But the u23s I am most confident in featuring this season are Wassim, Claydon and Mingi (if he is still here). 
  • edited July 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Is that a hint? 
    That would be an unbelievable signing.
    Closest thing to a rumour for quite a while,..maybe even a note to @Dazzler21.. B)
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Are any of the u-23’s good enough? Henry and Clayton might get a bit of bench time, anyone else?
    Have Davison and Vennings actually shown anything to prove they could step up?  Davison couldn't get in the Forest Green team at times last season.

I have 100% confidence we will have the squad we want and need by 1st of September.  But the u23s I am most confident in featuring this season are Wassim, Claydon and Mingi (if he is still here). 
    Agreed, although I'd like to see Davison continue in pre-season before making a judgement. Vennings definitely needs a loan for me, I like him but he seems a bit lightweight, I think a bit of time in League 2 could be great for him. No need to rush Barker, I think this season will be his breakthrough for the U23's. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:

I thought Davison did not look out of place against Celtic and looks like he has added some muscle, Venning’s looks fit again. Barker seems to be playing as a right back now and has never let us down.
    I put their names forward as they have all played for the first team so must surely be in contention for a place in the squad if we are short in the positions that they play.
  • I think the issue is having a first 11 and subs that are durable enough to last the majority of the season, then youngsters can be blooded once you have a couple of gaps for a match here and there. I have faith we will have a competitive squad come the end of the window, and a pretty competitive squad by the Weds game. The durability of the squad is what will make the difference for us this season, and it's good that it is one of NA's focuses.
  • edited July 2021
    Redrobo said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:

I thought Davison did not look out of place against Celtic and looks like he has added some muscle, Venning’s looks fit again. Barker seems to be playing as a right back now and has never let us down.
    I put their names forward as they have all played for the first team so must surely be in contention for a place in the squad if we are short in the positions that they play.
    But you have to look when they played for the 1st team.  Barker didn't play for the 1st team on merit, no matter how anyone tries to spin it.  If he did he would have been either in the team or on the bench when Gunter and Pratley were our 1st team center backs. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Poorly worded on my part. Any newbies ready to breakthrough? The three you listed have played for the first team so I didn’t count them. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Poorly worded on my part. Any newbies ready to breakthrough? The three you listed have played for the first team so I didn’t count them. 
    Adkins seemed very impressed with Deji Elerewe (17-year old Centre-Back) after the Celtic game
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    redbuttle said:
    All these new posts and not one rumour...
    Where's @ButtleJR with an inside scoop?

He's getting no info at the moment. So all transfer news is being kept secret.
  • Hoping that Aouachria and Santos plays a part tonight.
  • edited July 2021
    I agree we shouldn't panic until the official panic day. Is it the last hour of the window when the Uber driver take the 30 goal striker to Sparrows Road by mistake on the 31st August ?
    I know the unknown striker could use his own wheels but he doesn't like to drink and drive.
  • I wonder if we'll see any triallists tonight or Saturday. Even in a "normal" summer we usually have triallists involved in these games
  • RedJohn said:
    Getting in the right loans will help make or break the season for me, i am very confident that it will go well.
    And probably 2 or 3 of those aren't available until the run-up to the closing of the window, after the season has already started.

• Ravel Morrison is an absolute waste of space.  He’d have to pay me if I were an owner of a football club.  I think I was harsh earlier in the thread talking about Ibe before I’d subsequently seen that thing on YouTube (still wouldn’t want him though), however, Morrison I can categorically say is someone who has nowhere to hide/no-one else to blame for where his career has gone.  

• edited July 2021
    cabbles said:
    Ravel Morrison is an absolute waste of space.  He’d have to pay me if I were an owner of a football club.  I think I was harsh earlier in the thread talking about Ibe before I’d subsequently seen that thing on YouTube (still wouldn’t want him though), however, Morrison I can categorically say is someone who has nowhere to hide/no-one else to blame for where his career has gone.  

Wasn’t he the player at the Valley for QPR who Thuram passed straight to and fluffed his lines failing to score in a one on one 🤔
  • Dazzler21 said:
    redbuttle said:
    All these new posts and not one rumour...
    Where's @ButtleJR with an inside scoop?

Absolutely nothing. Quietest it's been yet... Last player I heard about was Macgillivray/Graham if I remember correctly! 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!