Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Leuth said:
    Pigott, Norwood, Bonne and Stockley, Washington, Schwartz is about a draw I'd say, and we're definitely working on more
    Not if Schwartz is still playing hide and seek this season.
  • edited July 2021
    JW is indeed in Ibiza. I can't say I'm surprised.
  • Valley11 said:
    It does seem particularly quiet on the signings front. No rumours or hints from Cawley. Either they’re running a much tighter ship as has been suggested. Or nothing is anywhere near close. 
    Crawley said last week that deals are at an advanced stage but he not allowed to give any information until he told to by the club .. the club have tightened up on news leaking out 
    It's Cawley, Colin. Not mocking. Just saying.

• Valley11 said:
    It does seem particularly quiet on the signings front. No rumours or hints from Cawley. Either they’re running a much tighter ship as has been suggested. Or nothing is anywhere near close. 
    Crawley said last week that deals are at an advanced stage but he not allowed to give any information until he told to by the club .. the club have tightened up on news leaking out 
    You said last week that Cawley only knows about signings thirty minutes before they are announced.
    That’s what I said DOH 🙄 
  • Valley11 said:
    You said last week that Cawley only knows about signings thirty minutes before they are announced.
    That’s what I said DOH 🙄 
    You got something right. Take a bow. ;)
  • I feel like the Simms rumour came from one poster mentioning him as an option and another mentioning that he and Adkins were at Southampton together... No rumour was ever spoken.
  • Premier league within five years is looking a bit optimistic atm…… why say that? All it did was raise expectations! 
    If you didn't think it was optimistic then, you're a fool.
  • Sponsored links:

• Loving that bench from the Crewe game though. Five attacking (or at least, 'progressive') midfielders! 
  • edited July 2021
    Leuth said:
    Loving that bench from the Crewe game though. Five attacking (or at least, 'progressive') midfielders! 
    That's because at that stage we didn't have our other players yet, in reality that bench was dangerously inexperienced and ill equipped to benefit us if required in defensive positions. Admittedly we were still under restrictions thanks to the EFL.
  • Comparing us with a year ago and saying we are in a better place is  hardly a great compliment, seeing that we were under a transfer embargo at the time, and facing the abyss due to the ownership

And I don't see much difference in the quality of the 2 starting 11s, other than the defence (due to Pearce being injured and Lockyer exercising his option to leave). That 2020 front 3 was decent enough and the 2020 team while lacking defenders on the bench had some great creative options 
  • So we're comparing a line up from a pre season game in early July, to a possible first team in August, OK, that's some stretch. 

We've probably got 3-4 more loans to come in, I suspect 3-4 more signings, there is still a lot of movement to be done. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Probably stuck on the M1 somewhere...
  • MattF said:
    Chief sports writer for the local Portsmouth paper so Cawley's counterpart for Pompey.
  • edited July 2021
  • Didn’t Thomas say that he wanted a player that would get us out of our seats and on our feet ? We certainly haven’t signed that player yet. Still plenty of time but it does look to me that the window and recruitment have been much more difficult than perhaps we thought. 
  • Rothko said:
    So we're comparing a line up from a pre season game in early July, to a possible first team in August, OK, that's some stretch. 

We've probably got 3-4 more loans to come in, I suspect 3-4 more signings, there is still a lot of movement to be done.  
    The comparison was last season's first game to now... and highlighting that we are already looking better and have a month til the first game.
  • Didn’t Thomas say that he wanted a player that would get us out of our seats and on our feet ? We certainly haven’t signed that player yet. Still plenty of time but it does look to me that the window and recruitment have been much more difficult than perhaps we thought. 
    But equally he must've known then that players like that don't come cheap. Thomas is a football man.  No player like that is going to come for a free pair of boots and a 12 chip lunch.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Premier league within five years is looking a bit optimistic atm…… why say that? All it did was raise expectations! 
    If you didn't think it was optimistic then, you're a fool.
    Said tongue in cheek!  Would rather play down expectations than big them up. Guess TS is quite Americanised now & it’s their way!  
    Still expecting some good signings though, long way to go! 
  • edited July 2021
    Accounts are over due aren't they?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01788466

Isn't that an automatic embargo now?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!