Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    Being linked with Josh Sims who is a free agent. 
    Where did you see this? I can’t see it anywhere on Twitter.
    It's on the other forum, from an unnamed source. The guy couldn't even say it was Josh Sims out of respect for his source, but curiously was able to say a number of clues which meant it had to be Josh Sims.
    Given that he's training with Portsmouth, I wonder who the source of this rumour is..!
  • RedRobin said:
    Personally not fussed about Pigott going Ipswich. We have bigger fish to fry and whilst he will probably bag 20 goals next season, Stockley will do the same, having both wouldn’t have worked plus it looks like Ipswich have offered him big money. 
    And we are going to have to offer big money if we are going to land any of the bigger fish you say we are after.
  • Well that’s that then! Pigott, Bonne and Norwood are good options for them to have.
    Agreed, I would have been very happy to bring either of Bonne or Pigott back

Still time to go, but slightly concerning that it's the 12th July and so far we've only brought in 2 players (MacGillivray and Dobson) who weren't with us last year.
  • MattF said:
    Lol.

Itk posters.... ?  I think my tortoise would be a better bet for a rumour than a lot of these kids in underpants.

• edited July 2021
    RedRobin said:
    Personally not fussed about Pigott going Ipswich. We have bigger fish to fry and whilst he will probably bag 20 goals next season, Stockley will do the same, having both wouldn’t have worked plus it looks like Ipswich have offered him big money. 
    And we are going to have to offer big money if we are going to land any of the bigger fish you say we are after.
    I dont think we are going to tbh. NA said last Friday that we would be looking at blooding some of the youngsters. I dont think giving them a run out against Celtic was just to make up the numbers.
  • The recruitment hasn't ended yet TBF. I honestly don't know if it will end up being disappointing or encouraging but I don't think we should jump the gun in terms of anticipation or disappointment.  A few excellent loans could make a big difference for example.
  • MattF said:
    Lol.

Itk posters.... ?  I think my tortoise would be a better bet for a rumour than a lot of these kids in underpants.

Who actually said we are interested?

As far as I can tell, people - myself included - said that he’d be a good player and that some of us wanted the club to sign him before.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    The recruitment hasn't ended yet TBF. I honestly don't know if it will end up being disappointing or encouraging but I don't think we should jump the gun in terms of anticipation or disappointment.  A few excellent loans could make a big difference for example.
    Massive understatement....I hope, 'cos if it has we are good as cooked.
    I live in hope that all this stuff "going on behind the scenes" in constant silence from Steve & Co at the club bears fruit soon, not panicking yet,.. but getting slightly tetchy.

• Ahhh Cawley, the shatterer of dreams 😂
  • The ITK on Joe Pigott said he wouldn't be signing for Cafc. This have proven to be correct.
    Joe did have enquires from Championship clubs but getting a 3 year contract from Ipswich which will give him a nice wage increase and take him past his 30th birthday makes sense, plus his Kent family can make the drive to watch him in Suffolk.

Ipswich, Wigan and Cafc (are you sure Sam!) will be the teams contesting the top two spots. 
  • Wouldn't say I'm panicking yet, but business is very slow for a squad that still needs another 9 or 10 players.

Expected another 3 or 4 in by now, but in Nigel Adkins & Steve Gallen we trust.
    Not digging you out but where exactly do we need another 9 or 10 players? I might have agreed a week ago but with Matthews and JFC signing up and Famewo coming back in i'd probably say more 6 or 7 instead?
  • RedRobin said:
    Ahhh Cawley, the shatterer of dreams 😂
    He'd be an awesome England Manager with that slogan
  • Worrying that we are losing out on the likes of Piggot to possible rivals....it seems all the big league 1 club are trying to buy the same players 
  • The ITK on Joe Pigott said he wouldn't be signing for Cafc. This have proven to be correct.
    Joe did have enquires from Championship clubs but getting a 3 year contract from Ipswich which will give him a nice wage increase and take him past his 30th birthday makes sense, plus his Kent family can make the drive to watch him in Suffolk.

Ipswich, Wigan and Cafc (are you sure Sam!) will be the teams contesting the top two spots. 
    It’s a fair old slap from Kent to Ipswich.
  • Sponsored links:

• ct_addick said:
    Worrying that we are losing out on the likes of Piggot to possible rivals....it seems all the big league 1 club are trying to buy the same players 
    We can only lose out if we were in for  him which we were not 
  • edited July 2021
    Looks like we aren’t willing to spend our way out of this division . Not sure if that’s Gallen’s policy or TS’s or even if it’s the right policy but those comments of Premier league ( or was it Europe ?) in five years is looking a little bit silly . 

Gotta be TS, Gallen will be working to the budget he's given, doesn't look as though we'll be spending much at all. Fair enough TS stepped in & saved the club from possibly disappearing just a shame that he came out with the nonsense about the Premiership. I see the club are looking to break even on the Valley Express service as well
  • edited July 2021
    Wouldn't say I'm panicking yet, but business is very slow for a squad that still needs another 9 or 10 players.

Expected another 3 or 4 in by now, but in Nigel Adkins & Steve Gallen we trust.
    I think we'll only sign 9/10 if 2/3 leave. I'm expecting a squad of around 24 including JFC, currently got 17 first team players. 

Be very surprised if Sunderland and Rotherham aren't up there too. 
  • Looks like we aren’t willing to spend our way out of this division . Not sure if that’s Gallen’s policy or TS’s or even if it’s the right policy but those comments of Premier league ( or was it Europe ?) in five years is looking a little bit silly . 

Looks like we aren’t willing to spend our way out of this division . Not sure if that’s Gallen’s policy or TS’s or even if it’s the right policy but those comments of Premier league ( or was it Europe ?) in five years is looking a little bit silly . 

Gotta be TS, Gallen will be working to the budget he's given, doesn't look as though we'll be spending much at all. Fair enough TS stepped in & saved the club from possibly disappearing just a shame that he came out with the nonsense about the Premiership. I see the club are looking to break even on the Valley Express service as well
    And Europe!
  • MattF said:
    Nice of Portsmouth to get him fit for us. Very neighbourly.
  • Valley11 said:
    It does seem particularly quiet on the signings front. No rumours or hints from Cawley. Either they’re running a much tighter ship as has been suggested. Or nothing is anywhere near close. 
    Crawley said last week that deals are at an advanced stage but he not allowed to give any information until he told to by the club .. the club have tightened up on news leaking out 
  • edited July 2021
    Valley11 said:
    It does seem particularly quiet on the signings front. No rumours or hints from Cawley. Either they’re running a much tighter ship as has been suggested. Or nothing is anywhere near close. 
    Crawley said last week that deals are at an advanced stage but he not allowed to give any information until he told to by the club .. the club have tightened up on news leaking out 
    If they were at an advanced stage last week then I wonder what the hold up is? And you’d think the names would’ve got out by now. Whether that be the selling club wanting a bidding war or an agent leaking info
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!