Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Accounts are over due aren't they?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01788466

Isn't that an automatic embargo now?

Saw that on Airmans Twitter feed yesterday.  It is not a great sign to have poor house keeping.
  • edited July 2021
    Didn’t Thomas say that he wanted a player that would get us out of our seats and on our feet ? We certainly haven’t signed that player yet. Still plenty of time but it does look to me that the window and recruitment have been much more difficult than perhaps we thought. 
    But equally he must've known then that players like that don't come cheap. Thomas is a football man.  No player like that is going to come for a free pair of boots and a 12 chip lunch.
    Agree, unless there is a nice portion of cod and mushy peas included B)
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Saw that on Airmans Twitter feed yesterday.  It is not a great sign to have poor house keeping.
    In fairness companies house if often a bit behind, they probably submitted the accounts before they became overdue but the website hasn’t yet caught up.
  • edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:

In fairness companies house if often a bit behind, they probably submitted the accounts before they became overdue but the website hasn’t yet caught up.
    Agreed re CH delays, but the point is that they have flagged them as late, which they would only do if they weren't received by the deadline of June 30th. They wouldn't flag them as late before the deadline, because that makes no sense. They could have gone in since and the status not yet been updated, but only since the flag was raised.
  • Just for back ground Gillingham were placed under an embargo a month after their accounts were due.  However there is also the issue of the monitored loan which I don't think we took.

We wouldn't have been able to sign Stockley for a fee, if that was the case.

Although the accounts would be very messy a lot of it should/would/could have been unravelled in the due diligence work that was undertaken.

They are going to be very embarrassing for a number of people. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Loving that bench from the Crewe game though. Five attacking (or at least, 'progressive') midfielders! 
    That's because at that stage we didn't have our other players yet, in reality that bench was dangerously inexperienced and ill equipped to benefit us if required in defensive positions. Admittedly we were still under restrictions thanks to ESI
    Fixed that for ya. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Just for back ground Gillingham were placed under an embargo a month after their accounts were due.  However there is also the issue of the monitored loan which I don't think we took.

We wouldn't have been able to sign Stockley for a fee, if that was the case.

Although the accounts would be very messy a lot of it should/would/could have been unravelled in the due diligence work that was undertaken.

They are going to be very embarrassing for a number of people. 
    Let's hope so.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Was about to say the same. The "front page" will automatically default when the date passed 30 June, but we're seeing a lot of accounts at the moment which have taken more than a couple of weeks to be loaded after submission after so many companies took advantage of the extension provided by the Government.
  • A couple of comments. 

I am not panicking. I was sad to see Amos leave but feel MacGillivray is an adequate replacement. The gap here is a number two if AMB gets his loan. 

Right Back is sorted at least until the January window when both Chris and Adam would only have six months of their contract left. I suspect if one of them doesn't feature much then they might be moved on.We certainly need another left back and right sided centre half.

In midfield we need at least a play maker and two wingers. Now JFC is out we need at least one of these to be left footed.

Up front we need one possibly two depending on Schwartz.

I make that at least seven in all. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:

Agreed re CH delays, but the point is that they have flagged them as late, which they would only do if they weren't received by the deadline of June 30th. They wouldn't flag them as late before the deadline, because that makes no sense. They could have gone in since and the status not yet been updated, but only since the flag was raised.
    It’s an automatic flag, it isn’t manually set. 
  • "There's been a bit of talk about cafc being in for Josh Sims. Believe the former Southampton winger is training with Portsmouth."

Notice what Richard Cawley actually says: "Believe ...... "

What does that mean? That Rich has heard a rumour (like the rest of us) but it's not verified anywhere?
    Perhaps he knows something but sworn to secrecy? Or he doesn't know anymore than the rest of us?

It's us who are making assumptions. Cawley is usually very careful with his wording. :wink:

• Didn’t Thomas say that he wanted a player that would get us out of our seats and on our feet ? We certainly haven’t signed that player yet. Still plenty of time but it does look to me that the window and recruitment have been much more difficult than perhaps we thought. 
    we'll just tuck that one away with "premier League in 5 years" and "blow through this league" shall we..............
  • Didn’t Thomas say that he wanted a player that would get us out of our seats and on our feet ? We certainly haven’t signed that player yet. Still plenty of time but it does look to me that the window and recruitment have been much more difficult than perhaps we thought. 
    we'll just tuck that one away with "premier League in 5 years" and "blow through this league" shall we..............

Thomas didn't say it, Nigel did.  

Far too early to rule any of those three happening...
  • Scoham said:
    Didn’t Thomas say that he wanted a player that would get us out of our seats and on our feet ? We certainly haven’t signed that player yet. Still plenty of time but it does look to me that the window and recruitment have been much more difficult than perhaps we thought. 
    Far too early to rule any of those three happening...
    Come on mate don’t let the facts get in the way of planning for a negative outcome 😉.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

It’s an automatic flag, it isn’t manually set. 
    Noted, but the Holdings accounts were only signed off on June 30th and they were posted on July 12th, so they have been processed and they couldn't have been submitted before they were signed off.
  • Richard J said:
    A couple of comments. 

I am not panicking. I was sad to see Amos leave but feel MacGillivray is an adequate replacement. The gap here is a number two if AMB gets his loan. 

Right Back is sorted at least until the January window when both Chris and Adam would only have six months of their contract left. I suspect if one of them doesn't feature much then they might be moved on.We certainly need another left back and right sided centre half.

In midfield we need at least a play maker and two wingers. Now JFC is out we need at least one of these to be left footed.

Are you ruling out all our youngsters?

• Sponsored links:

• I'm sure NA and SG are trying to get the right mix of personalities and ages too. Most important thing is the blend as a team. I'm still confident we will be in the top 6. We are not going to blow away the league with the big spenders this year. Accept that and the process will be easier to take.
  • Combination of recruitment thus far, recruitment to come, players already on the books and a small injection of our own quality youth - all ably led by NA and his coaching team could well yet blow away the competition next season. There is no evidence we will or won’t as yet, but anybody who has led businesses and strategic plans with a vision (I have and many on here would have) will understand that words like those used by TS and NA aren’t bandied about lightly. They are full of intent, I love it and hope it comes off for all of us. I truly believe if we don’t achieve what they have said it won’t be for the lack of trying.

I also never expected a sound business mind to try to buy his way out of League One. So so many examples to prove that this method fails more frequently than it succeeds. Bringing the right ingredients/formula together with the right style and player quality for the level we are playing at will win through. Our recruitment is a bit slower than we would have all liked to see, but can’t complain with any of the signings or renewals so far (bar one personally, but won’t call an individual out for no good reason/personal taste).

Really hoping we can get 2-3 over the line in the next week or two so that NA has a bit of time to blood them with his set up and style in mind. 

Much happier and assured days are with us fellow Addicks, think we should keep our spirits as positive and optimistic as possible. 

But equally he must've known then that players like that don't come cheap. Thomas is a football man.  No player like that is going to come for a free pair of boots and a 12 chip lunch.
    14 chips surely.
    Only as a win bonus
    12 chips!!!

My how times have changed, I can remember the good old days, when we used to get 14!!
  • thenewbie said:
    Redrobo said:
    Richard J said:
    A couple of comments. 

Honestly, as weird as it sounds... We probably actually should. IF someone from the youth team happens to have a breakthrough season and gets into the first team, then it's great news. But we absolutely should not be starting a season hoping that somewhere in the academy is a youth player 1) good enough and 2) mentally able to complete a senior squad.

Like I said, if such a player does come through then fantastic. But we really can't assume that will happen.
    The problem is, as Gallen has mentioned before, is that the group that should be making the step up now either already have or have left.

This should be the break through season for some of the 19-21 years.

Morgan is already an established member of the 1st team squad and Vennings, Dempsey and Davison have been on the fringe for a while.  Mingi seems to have left, no idea if the contract is still on the table. It's a big ask for either of the 2 u23 strikers to fill Chuks boots in their first season.

Remember KAG was only 20 at the start of the 18/19 season.  Despite it feeling like he had been here for ever.

We had an outstanding group of U18s last year, most have signed pro deals, but they are very young.  Even at league 1 level it's asking a lot for a teenager to be a regular.  Even some of our very best academy graduates weren't regulars as teenagers and some of them went on to play for England. 
  • Redrobo said:
    Richard J said:
    A couple of comments. 

Not at all .

I see youngsters as a bonus if they develop but I also want to see squad depth . For example the new Deji impressed me against Celtic I wouldn't want us to rely on him apart from JPT matches .

In the case of AMB he needs a loan to develop  
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!