Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    Ffs surely if he is willing to stay in our league we need to go all out for him aswell

wld be the perfect aneke replacement
    No chance he comes here to be back up for Stockley.

I agree.  If he came here then Stockley would likely be back up to him.  Sounds good to me.
  • Comments on Twitter already asking why aren’t we in for Pigott etc? Who says we aren’t? The club is doing their business quietly and that’s fine by me.
    been said on here a number of times that Piggott himself has said that he wouldn't come back. IIRC it was more to do with how he was treated under Duchatalet, but even so, sometimes when you leave on bad terms you don't ever want to return, no matter who might now be in charge.

I reckon we leave this one as its a non-starter  
  • Wholly trust the process and the people who are running it, and whatever will be will be, but I would be a bit disappointed if Pigott went to another league one club. I would love him back here. I am aware that we will lose out to most championship clubs.

I think Sims would be a good signing too and is exactly the kind of player I think we're looking at. 

Think you can write off the second half of Donny's season last year a little.
  • Well that’s that then! Pigott, Bonne and Norwood are good options for them to have.
  • Well that’s that then! Pigott, Bonne and Norwood are good options for them to have.
    They are not really a big club then us.
  • Fantastic signing for them. Think they’re missing some pace though.
  • Ipswich must have offered higher wages than Bristol city!!
  • 3 year deal too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Be interesting to see how he does. Comfortable at Wimbledon. Now a bit of pressure on him at a bigger club. 
  • I'd imagine that Ipswich must be favourites for promotion now; they are certainly chucking the cash about.
  • You never know for sure, but I think we ought to be looking at finishing above Ipswich and Wigan. Do that and we won't be far off IMO.
  • Clarky said:
    ButtleJR said:
    shirty5 said:
    RedRobin said:
    Being linked with Josh Sims who is a free agent. 
    A connection with Adkins from his time at Southampton (which might be how the rumour was created!)
    Incorrect. Adkins was not at Southampton when Sims was with the Saints. 
    He was when Sims was in the youth, I assume he's at least familiar with Adkins as he seems to have a strong focus on bringing players through. Good player, young, would be pleased with him. 
    Adkins would definitely have taken a keen interest in the academy, even those in the junior age ranges
    Looks like Sims was about 16 when Adkins left Southampton so he'll definitely know of him. Don't believe there's any relevance there at all though, just because Sims was a decent 16 year old at Southampton doesn't mean he'd be right for a League 1 club now. 
    He was on loan at Doncaster last season, 1 goal and 8 assists in 28 games. Didn't play in either of the games against us, can play on both wings.
    Yes I know. My point was that I don't believe him being at Southampton with Adkins has any relevance at all as to whether he would be a good fit for Charlton right now. 
  • Been  telling you for ages that he wasn't coming to us.
    He had several offers and we were not in the frame. 
  • edited July 2021
    Personally not fussed about Pigott going Ipswich. We have bigger fish to fry and whilst he will probably bag 20 goals next season, Stockley will do the same, having both wouldn’t have worked plus it looks like Ipswich have offered him big money. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Luke Shaw was though. #justsayin
    We're signing Luke Shaw? 

just the supply Lyle needs
  • Need to start getting bodies in now. Four weeks till the season starts and our squad is not as strong as some as those that will be in around the top at the end of the season . No point waiting till the 11th hour. 
  • Good signing for Ipswich. However am I right that they have been promoted to The Championship already seeing as those ITK insisted that was where he was going.
    A team with stripes as well!
  • Not a problem, we'll just outbid them on wages like we do with everyone else.
  • We were never interested in Pigott looks like Pigott has jumped at the first chance he had after his Reading move was cancelled … 
    Why was it cancelled ?
    Reading went into transfer embargo 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!