Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• If this Paul Mullin transfer is nothing more than the Agent trying to force a clubs hand - I really hope that club just turn around and ask them why its taken a club like Charlton about three weeks (?) to sign him

e.g. Really want a club to call them out on it
  • We're signing a 4th division striker?

• edited July 2021
    We're signing a 4th division striker?

So no good players can come from League 2? Jamie Vardy wasn't even 4th division and has done ok I think
    Peter Osgood weren’t too bad either and he was proper non league 😉.

So no good players can come from League 2? Jamie Vardy wasn't even 4th division and has done ok I think
    Great spot.  Thankyou for enlightening me.
  • Aneke was a 4th division striker when he signed for us. Mullin is just 6 months older than Aneke was at the time. Does it mean it is going to happen? There is some logic to it but it has always seemed to represent as agent talk. This literally registers it as such. And Mullin has indeed recently changed his agent.

• Again. Some real experts on here. Let's hope we have more in our locker than a one season wonder from Cambridge.
  • Again. Some real experts on here. Let's hope we have more in our locker than a one season wonder from Cambridge.
    Negativity experts !
  • Sponsored links:

You're right.

You can't really call a player a one season wonder until they fail the follow up season.
    Negativity experts !

Same people would have said the same about Mendonca coming from Grimsby or Derek Hales from Dartford 
    Negativity experts !

Same people would have said the same about Mendonca coming from Grimsby or Derek Hales from Dartford via Luton
    Fixed for you Ronnie 🙄

Two logical fallacies in your comment... 1) hasty generalization fallacy; claiming one example proves a point vs. the large swath of data. 2) straw man; you created an argument he did not make and put it in his mouth.

• sam3110 said:
    Now the Euros are over we're announcing like 8 players right? 
    Yeah... Sancho, Rashford and Saka are all on their way tomorrow ;)
  • Maybe in 15 years we'll get em.
  • From Instagram Jonny Williams was at Stansted today (Sunday), so presumably won't be training with us or anyone else for a while
  • From Instagram Jonny Williams was at Stansted today (Sunday), so presumably won't be training with us or anyone else for a while

I can live with that.
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    Now the Euros are over we're announcing like 8 players right? 
    Yeah... Sancho, Rashford and Saka are all on their way tomorrow ;)

Well hopefully, we sign up a Penalty kick coach.
  • Let's hope for a good week transfer wise, to take our mind off other things.
  • Let's hope for a good week transfer wise, to take our mind off other things.
    What other things?
  • Mainly one thing then.

Two logical fallacies in your comment... 1) hasty generalization fallacy; claiming one example proves a point vs. the large swath of data. 2) straw man; you created an argument he did not make and put it in his mouth.

What is the large swath of data? It's one league below, not 5/6. Plenty of league 2 players have stepped up, in all honesty, it's not that much of a step up. No, I wasn't creating an argument, I asked if no good players could come from League 2. Soapy is the one mocking the fact we might dare sign a player from the league below, I don't understand that negative viewpoint. 
  • edited July 2021
    Again. Some real experts on here. Let's hope we have more in our locker than a one season wonder from Cambridge.
    Negativity experts !

Same people would have said the same about Mendonca coming from Grimsby or Derek Hales from Dartford 
    Grimsby had been in the same Division as Charlton (2nd tier) when we signed Mendonca.

Edit: Sorry, just seen @Richard J post.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!