Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Major said:
    Has there been anything actually linking Williams with a move back to Charlton or is it just chat?
    He’s been training at Sparrows but nobody knows if either he or the club are looking at anything more than him keeping fit until he’s fixed up somewhere.
    Read the mower guy's post from this morning. JW said he's left it in the hands of his agent.

Curious. Is that meant as a dismissive insult or are you too lazy to go back and get the correct user name?
    Partly laziness & partly because I said I wasnt going to post anymore for a while & if people cant be arsed to keep up & read previous posts why should I do their work for them. Certainly meant no disrespect to the lad.

Its all there if you go back a few pages.

Wind your neck in.
  • I really like Jonny and he seems like a top guy, but I think Adkins and Gallen will have other targets in that position 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I really like Jonny and he seems like a top guy, but I think Adkins and Gallen will have other targets in that position 
    I hope so too. It’s a real worry if they don’t. However as has been said already. As a player to fill the squad, who would you rather. Levitt or Williams for example ? 
  • Be interesting to see if there’s any trialists today
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I really like Jonny and he seems like a top guy, but I think Adkins and Gallen will have other targets in that position 
    I hope so too. It’s a real worry if they don’t. However as has been said already. As a player to fill the squad, who would you rather. Levitt or Williams for example ? 
    If it gets down to that at the end of the window then Williams easily. 
  • Yeah I’d be surprised if the club re-signed Jonny, I wouldn’t be upset but it doesn’t shout ambition. Anyway….rumours??? Nah, didn’t think so 😂
  • How many points does this team get? I reckon we would be looking at spending around 3-4 million to have this side

You have 22 players, on that basis, the team should get lots of points
  • Sponsored links:

• Has there been anything actually linking Williams with a move back to Charlton or is it just chat?
    He’s been training at Sparrows but nobody knows if either he or the club are looking at anything more than him keeping fit until he’s fixed up somewhere.
    Read the mower guy's post from this morning. JW said he's left it in the hands of his agent.
    Excellent - “The Lawnmower man”
  • Charlton fans defending Schwartz and Williams. A major part of why we are where we are. Get a grip ffs.
    Grown adults who feel the need to slag off any players are the ones who need more of a grip me thinks!!
    Jonny Williams is about my height, while fully grown adults, we still get the slightly myopic grown adults thinking we are kids 😞
    You can't mistake Jonny Williams for a kid.

He's the one with his head on upside down. :smile:

• How many points does this team get? I reckon we would be looking at spending around 3-4 million to have this side

You have 22 players, on that basis, the team should get lots of points
    21 actually 

Is that why it says 21/22 at the top?

• Any news on Nick Pope's injury and potential sale?

Might mean an increase in budget.

Although spending less then you've brought in is BAD when Sandgaard does it but GOOD when Brentford do it, for a few at least.

Although spending less then you've brought in is BAD when Sandgaard does it but GOOD when Brentford do it, for a few at least.
    Don't know about his injury recovery, but Burnley have been linked with the Czech Keeper as a 'possible replacement for Pope'. 
  • I was thinking to myself, 'Who would I prefer to sign for us, an Aribo type or Curren?' Then Kinsella came to mind. That's the type of player we need. The game would flow through Kins - somehow he gave the team balance and control. Last year, in the games I saw on Charlton Live we often seemed fractured and lacked control. 
  • Curren?
    Did you mean Cullen?
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah Cullen!

Nothing coming from the Vatican
  • JamesSeed said:
    Major said:
    Has there been anything actually linking Williams with a move back to Charlton or is it just chat?

Curious. Is that meant as a dismissive insult or are you too lazy to go back and get the correct user name?
    Partly laziness & partly because I said I wasnt going to post anymore for a while & if people cant be arsed to keep up & read previous posts why should I do their work for them. Certainly meant no disrespect to the lad.

Wind your neck in.
    Sorry, is Golfie really getting pelters for saying ‘the mower guy’? I’m sure he wasn’t trying to be rude. Everyone seems to be hyper twitchy right now. 
    Yeah, the moaner man was out of order doing that.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Major said:

Wind your neck in.
    Sorry, is Golfie really getting pelters for saying ‘the mower guy’? I’m sure he wasn’t trying to be rude. Everyone seems to be hyper twitchy right now. 

Thanks for sharing.
  • Why is there all the hype about Tucker?

Honestly watched him today and not sure what are his real strong points? 
  • Why is there all the hype about Tucker?

Ah you went to the Welling game?
  • edited July 2021
    mendonca said:
    Why is there all the hype about Tucker?

Ah you went to the Welling game?
    Yeah, his mistake cost a goal, I can't see what his attributes are.

He was strong but didn't ooze class like £m figures being banded about
  • He is quite similar to Lockyer when I’ve watched him. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!