Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Id take Williams back,he has a good understanding with Lyle,will only benefit us

Have I missed something momentous?
  • Does anyone have an info on the very fishy deal of JW to Cardiff.
    What was fishy about it?
    We were supposed to get a player back in return, but he slipped through the net. 
  • edited July 2021
    Bersant Celina anyone? Apparently looking for a move back to England.
  • Lazza76 said:
    Tonbridge school bottom fields
    And there was us thinking you worked at Sparrows Lane and was ITK about everything confidential. :smile:

• Bersant Celina anyone? Apparently looking for a move back to England.
    Definitely , would be that playmaker/10 I think we really need. Was very good at Swansea 
  • Ipswich sound hopeful but not very confident of getting him.

He'll probably go to a Championship club.

• Sponsored links:

• Alex Pritchard signs for Sunderland
  • Like most league one teams we’ll have our key players. Keep those fit and we’ll be in the hunt. Lose Inniss, Famewo or Stockley from our current squad and we’ll be looking much weaker. We’ll need luck but then so will everyone else. 
  • If you wanted to keep Chuks surely Williams is the same. I know Chuks was a goal scorer but I mean their effectiveness in their roles. Williams got the ball up the pitch, won us a lot of free kicks, made us play at a better tempo at times and was very impactful on the game from the bench. Reminds me of how Jack Grealish has impacted England when he comes on

Being disappointed if we signed him would be odd a little bit. If we can afford to have him and he is a option from the bench I don't see the harm, imagine he's a lovely bloke to be around as well and Adkins as said would be the man the keep him positive.

It's a yes from me if the wages are right and it doesn't hinder other potential players from signing 
    How anybody can lol such an eloquent and simply stated post is beyond me. 
    Yeah beats me as well, a fair few of my posts get lol'd, probably why there should be a disagree feature. Even then don't see what was wrong with what I said, he would be a good player for any league 1 side from the bench
  • Has there been anything actually linking Williams with a move back to Charlton or is it just chat?
  • Has there been anything actually linking Williams with a move back to Charlton or is it just chat?
    He’s been training at Sparrows but nobody knows if either he or the club are looking at anything more than him keeping fit until he’s fixed up somewhere.
    He’s been training at Sparrows but nobody knows if either he or the club are looking at anything more than him keeping fit until he’s fixed up somewhere.
    Thanks for this!
    Where has it been said he's training at Sparrows Lane 

He was training in Tonbridge today.

I thought I had read it on here ? Apologies if I’ve got that wrong. 
  • Sponsored links:

You are not wrong. 
    I also read it here.
  • Charlton fans defending Schwartz and Williams. A major part of why we are where we are. Get a grip ffs.
    Grown adults who feel the need to slag off any players are the ones who need to grip more me thinks!!
    Not slagging them down just pointing out facts.

A grown man btw mocked by you and others for saying we were going down since Xmas in 2019 and for saying Bowyer should have gone at Xmas last year. Still carry on the happy clappy stuff.
    There were no facts in your post. 

You are not wrong. 
    I also read it here.
    I think I read similar on here but if we were realistically looking at signing him then I think he would’ve travelled to Wales with the rest of the squad today rather than being in Tonbridge?
    Read the mower guy's post from this morning. JW said he's left it in the hands of his agent.
  • Lee Power sold Waterford about a month ago. I could have lived without Junior's goal tonight. Harps missed a penalty too.  :'(
  • If anyone can get the original source for JW training at Sparrows Lane, that would be excellent.
  • If anyone can get the original source for JW training at Sparrows Lane, that would be excellent.
    Think it was @Cafc43v3r that said he was invited to train after the euros? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!