Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Re-signing Williams on a free on a nominal wage would be decent imo. 

We currently have no "attacking midfielder" and Adkins likes a 4231/ alternative wide player in a 433 (one out and out winger one wide forward/AM) the man signed for us once before not caring about wage, think he'd be a great squad option on a small wage, add in a loan/perm AM and that's that "player type sorted" 

Think if the deals there and it suits our budget, why not.

(I am a William s fan and had a few birras)
  • edited July 2021
    ButtleJR said:
    If anyone can get the original source for JW training at Sparrows Lane, that would be excellent.
    Think it was @Cafc43v3r that said he was invited to train after the euros? 
    @ButtleJR, you posted an instagram from Pearce on July 4th suggesting that JW was training with us.
  • edited July 2021
    It's obviously understandable that we know more about ex-Charlton players than random other League One players we'd be likely to sign, but there's no real need to get all these players back from a pretty average time in our history. I loved those 20 minutes in the playoff final and those first 5 games in the Championship we were unbeaten but Williams had plenty of chances. I just can't see any way he would work with Stockley either. Would probably have said the same about Matthews to be fair.
  • It's obviously understandable that we know more about ex-Charlton players than random other League One players we'd be likely to sign, but there's no real need to get all these players back from a pretty average time in our history. I loved those 20 minutes in the playoff final and those first 5 games in the Championship we were unbeaten but Williams had plenty of chances. I just can't see any way he would work with Stockley either. Would probably have said the same about Matthews to be fair.
    I can't see how Matthews would work up top with Stockley either... 
  • ButtleJR said:
    If anyone can get the original source for JW training at Sparrows Lane, that would be excellent.
    Think it was @Cafc43v3r that said he was invited to train after the euros? 
    @ButtleJR, you posted an instagram from Pearce on July 4th suggesting that JW was training with us.
    Nah I posted the Instagram wondering whether he was and it was then confirmed 😉
  • Leuth said:
    I think the main issue is that our squad currently is tiny. We need bodies and not all of them are going to be blow-away signings. I'd rather have someone like Williams that we know can produce a bit of quality than trying to play some 16 year old that's not ready or get a Premier League loanee that can't be bothered to put a shift in. 
    How many loanees can you think of that were unwilling to put a shift in?
    I don’t think it’s a matter of effort. Smith and Levitt last season weren’t ready for league one football. Who would you rather sitting on the bench. Williams or Smith
    Which bloody one ???  :D
  • Re-signing Williams on a free on a nominal wage would be decent imo. 

We currently have no "attacking midfielder" and Adkins likes a 4231/ alternative wide player in a 433 (one out and out winger one wide forward/AM) the man signed for us once before not caring about wage, think he'd be a great squad option on a small wage, add in a loan/perm AM and that's that "player type sorted" 

Think if the deals there and it suits our budget, why not.

(I am a William s fan and had a few birras)
    We still wouldn’t have an attacking midfielder - i am not sure what I would class Williams as but he doesn’t score or create enough to be deemed attacking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jesus Christ  !!!  What is it with some people ! Within an hour or so both Dodoo & Kaikai have been suggested.

They weren't any good then & they are even worse now.

Please can we move on.  
    I only wanted to get my ‘LOL’s up to a hundred Golfie 😉
  • Innis, Famewo, Pearce, JFC and possible Williams would be 5 seriously injury prone players, we need to move away from that so Williams is a definite no from me even if he is cheap.  
    Not sure it's fair to class all those players as injury prone. Famewo suffered last season but not sure that's been an ongoing issue. JFC has suffered from a couple of nasty long term injuries but again, wouldn't say he's injury prone, he played 40 odd games last season and 45 in 17/18. Pearce will suffer from the odd niggle as he gets older but he's been available for 95% of the games since he's been here. 
  • edited July 2021
    Lazza76 said:
    Hi new to this but Jonny Williams is running round my work had a quick chat would love to come back and left it with his agent left because fell out with bowyer
    Is that his pre-season training?

Simon Church was just running round his local park in Reading when we signed him a week or so before a season started back in the bad old days.

Good info Lazza, thanks for sharing.
  • Has there been anything actually linking Williams with a move back to Charlton or is it just chat?

Nothing whatsoever. But when has that stopped the usual merchants on here?
  • Has there been anything actually linking Williams with a move back to Charlton or is it just chat?
    He’s been training at Sparrows but nobody knows if either he or the club are looking at anything more than him keeping fit until he’s fixed up somewhere.

I know for a fact that is fake news.

As is my claim that I know for a fact.

As you were.
    He’s been training at Sparrows but nobody knows if either he or the club are looking at anything more than him keeping fit until he’s fixed up somewhere.
    Read the mower guy's post from this morning. JW said he's left it in the hands of his agent.

Curious. Is that meant as a dismissive insult or are you too lazy to go back and get the correct user name?
  • Lazza76 said:
    Lazza76 said:
    Hi new to this but Jonny Williams is running round my work had a quick chat would love to come back and left it with his agent left because fell out with bowyer
    Welcome Lazza, done well there, straight onto @Dazzler21 list,  B)
    Cheers been on here long time worried about writing anything I only push a mower about
    You've already contributed more in one sensible post than a few do all year :smile:
    No need to slag Henners off like that ✊
  • Charlton fans defending Schwartz and Williams. A major part of why we are where we are. Get a grip ffs.
    Grown adults who feel the need to slag off any players are the ones who need more of a grip me thinks!!
    Jonny Williams is about my height, while fully grown adults, we still get the slightly myopic grown adults thinking we are kids 😞
  • Sponsored links:

• Major said:
    Has there been anything actually linking Williams with a move back to Charlton or is it just chat?
    Read the mower guy's post from this morning. JW said he's left it in the hands of his agent.

Curious. Is that meant as a dismissive insult or are you too lazy to go back and get the correct user name?
    Partly laziness & partly because I said I wasnt going to post anymore for a while & if people cant be arsed to keep up & read previous posts why should I do their work for them. Certainly meant no disrespect to the lad.

Its all there if you go back a few pages.

• Getting off to a brisk start today, lovely stuff.
  • THIS THREAD WILL EXPLODE WITH AN AVALANCHE OF QUALITY SIGNINGS NEXT WEEK.

(Repeat 100 times and take a lay down)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!