Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• RedRobin said:
    Being linked with Josh Sims who is a free agent. 
    A connection with Adkins from his time at Southampton (which might be how the rumour was created!)
  • edited July 2021
    RedRobin said:

Would be happy with that. I was hoping we’d look at him and Harry Chapman as options on the wing.
  • RedRobin said:
    A connection with Adkins from his time at Southampton (which might be how the rumour was created!)
    Would they have been there at the same time?

Or Reading?
  • RedRobin said:
    Incorrect. Adkins was not at Southampton when Sims was with the Saints. 
  • Luke Shaw was though. #justsayin
  • shirty5 said:
    RedRobin said:
    He was when Sims was in the youth, I assume he's at least familiar with Adkins as he seems to have a strong focus on bringing players through. Good player, young, would be pleased with him. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    shirty5 said:
    RedRobin said:
    He was when Sims was in the youth, I assume he's at least familiar with Adkins as he seems to have a strong focus on bringing players through. Good player, young, would be pleased with him. 
    As a 14/15 year old. Would Adkins take note of players that young? 
  • ButtleJR said:
    shirty5 said:
    RedRobin said:
    Adkins would definitely have taken a keen interest in the academy, even those in the junior age ranges
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Luke Shaw was though. #justsayin
    We're signing Luke Shaw? 

• ButtleJR said:
    shirty5 said:
    RedRobin said:
    Adkins would definitely have taken a keen interest in the academy, even those in the junior age ranges
    Looks like Sims was about 16 when Adkins left Southampton so he'll definitely know of him. Don't believe there's any relevance there at all though, just because Sims was a decent 16 year old at Southampton doesn't mean he'd be right for a League 1 club now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    @Dazzler21..one for your list,..oh hang on, is that allowed B)
  • Dazzler21 said:
    @Dazzler21..one for your list,..oh hang on, is that allowed B)
    You're straight in on the Red List @Dazzler21 :smile:

• Jay Mingi is on trial at Portsmouth. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    shirty5 said:
    RedRobin said:
    Looks like Sims was about 16 when Adkins left Southampton so he'll definitely know of him. Don't believe there's any relevance there at all though, just because Sims was a decent 16 year old at Southampton doesn't mean he'd be right for a League 1 club now. 
    He was on loan at Doncaster last season, 1 goal and 8 assists in 28 games. Didn't play in either of the games against us, can play on both wings.
  • edited July 2021
    RedRobin said:
    Where did you see this? I can’t see it anywhere on Twitter.
  • Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    Isn’t that a good thing? It might mean there may be some truth in it
  • Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    Isn’t that a good thing? It might mean there may be some truth in it
    Could be, that’s why I asked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ffs surely if he is willing to stay in our league we need to go all out for him aswell

wld be the perfect aneke replacement
  • What happened to that Championship move then...? 
  • Ffs surely if he is willing to stay in our league we need to go all out for him aswell

No chance he comes here to be back up for Stockley.
  • What happened to that Championship move then...? 
    Yup, didn’t some people say they knew a Championship move was a done deal months ago. 
  • Smells a lot like an agent trying to move along a deal, as per. 
  • Scoham said:
    Ffs surely if he is willing to stay in our league we need to go all out for him aswell

No chance he comes here to be back up for Stockley.
    Not really backup just competition for places and squad depth and tbf i think as an allround player wld prefer stockley the backup if anything

they have norwood and bonne aswell so could say the same for them
  • Josh Sims had 1 goal and 6 assists for Doncaster last season up to 15th December. 

After that had 2 assists in total for the rest of the season. 
  • Scoham said:
    RedRobin said:
    It's on the other forum, from an unnamed source. The guy couldn't even say it was Josh Sims out of respect for his source, but curiously was able to say a number of clues which meant it had to be Josh Sims.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!