Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• I bet MS will be trawling through that with a tooth comb.
    That’s absolutely ‘fine’
  • thenewbie said:
    Adkins talking to London press said we are bringing in more players - wonder who we are talking to ? 
    Honestly.... I'm not actually that fussed right now. The confirmation that we are definitely looking at players is fine by me, it's refreshing to have a professional enough team that we are keeping everything behind closed doors.
    There still a lot of players that are holding out for the “big move “ but soon like Pigott reality will kick in 
    I would have thought going from Wimbledon to Ipswich is considered a  big move. 
  • I bet MS will be trawling through that with a tooth comb.
    He hasn't got one - he uses 'product'.

WIG SHAMPOOCONDITIONER amp SPRAY FOR HUMAN amp SYNTHETIC HAIR WIGS  DEAL  Amazoncouk Beauty
  • thenewbie said:
    Adkins talking to London press said we are bringing in more players - wonder who we are talking to ? 
    Honestly.... I'm not actually that fussed right now. The confirmation that we are definitely looking at players is fine by me, it's refreshing to have a professional enough team that we are keeping everything behind closed doors.
    There still a lot of players that are holding out for the “big move “ but soon like Pigott reality will kick in 
    There are 10 thousand reasons I agree with you. 
  • thenewbie said:
    Not when he wanted  championship football and had a transfer to Reading cancelled 

• They've rejected a "good bid" - could it have been from us?
    Potentially but based on other dealings i'd say more likely Wigan or Ipswich.
    Wigan 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:

They've rejected a "good bid" - could it have been from us?
    Wigan 
    Bloody Wigan, don't you get sick hearing that name when any rumour arises. B)
  • Well they've got people 'ready to come in' so I would suggest the move will happen. Just a matter of who blinks first.
  • Fraser is definitely going then. 

• They've rejected a "good bid" - could it have been from us?
    Moans about clubs have seven - eight weeks to get things done before pre-season... I presume MK Dons are done with the transfer market then? ;) 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Wigan 
    Based on anything more than the naked teenage Wigan fan’s tweets?
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Wigan 
    The kid that got 3 out of 4 correct 
  • So anyone with club links got any inside tracks?
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Wigan 
    The kid that got 3 out of 4 correct 
    Not saying he didn’t, just wondering if that’s all we’re going on. It was a while ago now so clearly Wigan’s move for Fraser hasn’t been as straightforward as their moves for the others were.

Given we’re so quiet and aren’t letting much leak can we assume it wasn’t us? Players like Fraser will have interest from multiple clubs. There could be truth in those tweets but it doesn’t mean other clubs aren’t also trying to sign him.
  • edited July 2021
    I’m not in panic mode, but have the top 2 places already gone too Ipswich and Wigan, given their transfer dealings so far?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Anyone know anything about Abdul Abdulmalik and how much Millwall would be due in compensation?

To go from being wanted by Arsenal to Portsmouth not pursuing a deal after him being there, I can only assume its wages/fee plus guarantee of first team football?  Else he would have stayed at Millwall?

Seems a strange one. 
    I think he is highly rated at Millwall apparently just lacks a bit with final ball. SLP article said compensation payment too strong for Pompey! 
    Couldn't a club with a CAT1 academy sign him under the EPP nonsense?

Or a Scottish club for next to nothing?  Does he want first team wages and place?  Unless Portsmouth thought he would be good enough for their first team I can't see why a) he would even go on trial b) why he would leave Millwall for Pompey.

Like I said its strange. 

I know nothing about it or him but isn't it just his Agent spouting bollox about big clubs being interested, probably nothing in the links.  Depending on his age Millwall maybe looking for him to simply plug a gap in their U23s much like we do with any number of players, without any expectation of him making it and so offering very low wages and he is hunting around for other offers and failing to find them?
    I don't think that's the case here, he has played over age and for England and is only just 18 🤔🤔

Didn't know that. If he is that good and from South London I assume then I can only guess it is because he is desperate for Charlton to come calling and sign him up.  😃
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m not in panic mode, but have the top 2 places already gone too Ipswich and Wigan, given their transfer dealings so far?
    Man City didn't even win the league the season after their huge spending. It took them time to build a synergy and not just bang the goals in and concede more. 

The Top 2 places for spending have definitely gone to Ipswich and Wigan.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Fraser is definitely going then. 
    Exactly, they're just haggling over the price
  • mendonca said:
    I’m not in panic mode, but have the top 2 places already gone too Ipswich and Wigan, given their transfer dealings so far?
    Man City didn't even win the league the season after their huge spending. It took them time to build a synergy and not just bang the goals in and concede more. 

The Top 2 places for spending have definitely gone to Ipswich and Wigan.
    Precisely.  Spending doesn't necessarily equal success
  • I’m not in panic mode, but have the top 2 places already gone too Ipswich and Wigan, given their transfer dealings so far?
    Not remotely. Marathon not a sprint etc etc
  • edited July 2021
    😥 

Glad to see this is a place of calm and reason.
  • edited July 2021
    Na, not sure about Wigan at all, their signings haven't been top tier for this league imo, mid table to top6 region. Plus I am not sure on Leam Richardson as their manager.

Ipswich however I expect top6 minimum. Good manager in Cook who will get it right and made some right good signings, in particular Vaclav Hladky, Joe Pigott & Wes Burns. Apparently Rekeem Harper is quite good too.

As it stands right now based on managers, squads and club wealth etc, I am predicting the top6 in no particular order something like: Charlton, Ipswich, Wycombe, Sunderland, Rotherham & the last spot between Pompey, Oxford and then I like the look of Wigan, Bolton and maybe a surprise like Cheltenham.

On the subject of Scott Fraser I doubt it's us but I hope we go for it, sounds like they will sell and it will be end up being relatively cheap I imagine as well
  • edited July 2021
    Let us just look back to Fulham in their 18/19 window.

Transfers in £104.85m

Transfers out £4.83m

They spent £100m and got relegated and in the next window spent another £33m in the 19/20 window and still failed to get promoted.

They failed in the play offs, spending big can be successful, but tends to need a good manager to make it work. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!