Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• ButtleJR said:
    Eisa was really poor in the games I saw him play last season, but wasn't really given a fair chance to be fair. People I know who support them don't rate him at all.  Imo Washington is a far better option, happy to be proven wrong though. 
    We need another striker though regardless. I'm not 100% convinced by Eisa, but then who is there who wouldn't carry the same risk? 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I do think we need a striker in the door , I don't think getting ransomed by Peterborough for Eisa is the best way forward however. 
    I very much doubt that we will be. IF the rumours are true, we made an offer and it was (seemingly) knocked back. It's likely to be a bluffing game/staring contest now, who will blink first? If they really want him off the books or need the money for their own dealings it needn't be Charlton who cave.
  • ButtleJR said:
    Eisa was really poor in the games I saw him play last season, but wasn't really given a fair chance to be fair. People I know who support them don't rate him at all.  Imo Washington is a far better option, happy to be proven wrong though. 
    We need another striker though regardless. I'm not 100% convinced by Eisa, but then who is there who wouldn't carry the same risk? 
    Very true. Not many options. Just think he'd want to be guaranteed a starting position too after last season.
  • J BLOCK said:
    Stuck £10 on Wigan to win the league outright at 18/1. 

Everyone saying "Money doesn't guarantee success" you're correct, but it gives you a much much higher chance than a team that isn't investing at scale. 
    Shouldn’t we judge how much we and other clubs have invested once the window has closed? A lot can happen between now and the end of August.

I don’t expect us to be one of the top 2 spenders but I expect our wage bill will be in the top 6.
  • This is why the “keeping your business private” mantra lauded on here is nonsense, by the way. It’s not just your business.

This is why the “keeping your business private” mantra lauded on here is nonsense, by the way. It’s not just your business.
    Valid point, but I think it's still creditable that Charlton as a club do seem to be trying to avoid having a lot of leaks/rumours. And certainly just because we do seem to have an interest in Eisa doesn't mean he's our only or even a main target. Just one option that has been looked at.
  • ButtleJR said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Very true. Not many options. Just think he'd want to be guaranteed a starting position too after last season.
    Possibly, guess that depends on him. Based on last season, he's not in a position to go to a decent League 1 club and start demanding he starts. No disrespect to the smaller clubs, but the clubs who would definitely be bringing him in to start won't be able to afford him. So he can sit in Peterborough's reserves or join a club like us and fight to get a spot. Lots of football to be played and even if he starts on the bench he'll get the chance to grab a spot. 

Peterborough are in the same position. If they are pricing clubs out of a move that will change at some point. No way will they want him sitting in the reserves on a wage when clubs are interested. No doubt the tweets from Darragh are a plea for clubs to come back in, notice he's mentioned multiple clubs interest. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    FFS look who he's gone and replied to... I'd assume the add ons were for promotion and 20 goals? 

500k is my guess (plus add ons)

There paying what hes worth....He simply isnt very good. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Stuck £10 on Wigan to win the league outright at 18/1. 

Everyone saying "Money doesn't guarantee success" you're correct, but it gives you a much much higher chance than a team that isn't investing at scale. 
    Shouldn’t we judge how much we and other clubs have invested once the window has closed? A lot can happen between now and the end of August.

I don’t expect us to be one of the top 2 spenders but I expect our wage bill will be in the top 6.
    I suspect it already is.  Almost certainly was last season as well. 
  • Eisa playing behind Stockley just based on watching his montages could work very well or even as a partnership up top, definitely a player I wouldn't turn my nose up at 
     Are we gonna go 4-2-3-1? I could see that working out quite well as an option, but that puts a few of our better players in odd positions. 
  • edited July 2021
    thenewbie said:
    This is why the “keeping your business private” mantra lauded on here is nonsense, by the way. It’s not just your business.

Valid point, but I think it's still creditable that Charlton as a club do seem to be trying to avoid having a lot of leaks/rumours. And certainly just because we do seem to have an interest in Eisa doesn't mean he's our only or even a main target. Just one option that has been looked at.
    Absolutely but I can’t recall an era when the club has talked openly about its transfer targets. It’s all leaks and the current set-up is no better or worse at preventing that than previous ones, because it’s not under their control.
  • thenewbie said:

Absolutely but I can’t recall an era when the club has talked openly about its transfer targets. It’s all leaks and the current set-up is no better or worse at preventing that than previous ones, because it’s not under their control.
    So why does it feel we are more in the dark than ever before on transfers etc? 
  • TelMc32 said:
    TelMc32 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Accounts are over due aren't they?

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01788466

Isn't that an automatic embargo now?

Saw that on Airmans Twitter feed yesterday.  It is not a great sign to have poor house keeping.
    In fairness companies house if often a bit behind, they probably submitted the accounts before they became overdue but the website hasn’t yet caught up.
    Was about to say the same. The "front page" will automatically default when the date passed 30 June, but we're seeing a lot of accounts at the moment which have taken more than a couple of weeks to be loaded after submission after so many companies took advantage of the extension provided by the Government.
    Accounts have now been filed at Companies House.  Notice states that they are being processed and will be available in 10 days.
    You don't have to wait for the document to become visible on CH website
    Any citizen can write to the company at its registered addressed and request a copy of the published accounts, they are a matter of public record and the request may not be declined.  You might have to supply a S.A.E.
  • thenewbie said:

I'd argue that depends on if you happen to be Lee Bowyer keen on having weekly chat with Richard Cawley. No doubt the leaks reduced after his departure.
  • I recall he was touting a number of clubs who ought to buy Eisa a while back and we were named as one of them. I think Oxford was another. He scored 5 goals last season and McAnthony paid £1m for him. It has been decided he is sub Championship and he wants some of the money back. 
  • thenewbie said:

Perhaps it's the back and forth about lack of activity but it feels to me like there has been a lot less business done "in public" than prior. 

I concede a lot of this is probably down to the lack of "super duper transfer phone" nonsense but it feels more controlled to me.

• Sponsored links:

• No pleasing anyone here, an actual rumour and people already saying we should do better. We are a league one club, we dont know our budget/ plan so not sure how when someone like Mo Eisa becomes available people can say otherwise, i bet half the people haven't even seen him play. I have barely seen a few times and everytime he has stood out but not recently i admit. 

Decent goalscoring record, pacey whats not to like. I'd be well happy if we can get him. 
  • edited July 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Eisa playing behind Stockley just based on watching his montages could work very well or even as a partnership up top, definitely a player I wouldn't turn my nose up at 
     Are we gonna go 4-2-3-1? I could see that working out quite well as an option, but that puts a few of our better players in odd positions. 
    I believe so yes. At Southampton it’s what he played, at Hull for the most of his time there it was 4231, last few games he managed Hull it was 4411. Either way it’s clear he likes wingers or inside forwards working with a lone target man and a play maker behind. No problems with the formation, it’s very good if you have the right players for it 
  • edited July 2021
    I am just saying McAnthony is not a reliable source and gave reasons for it.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    thenewbie said:

So why does it feel we are more in the dark than ever before on transfers etc? 
    We were far more in the dark in the days before the internet!
  • I’d be shocked if we are in for Fraser, has Wigan written all over it. 

I’d be happy with Eisa, local lad, has bagged in the past (albeit lower league) and is a good striker at this level. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Eisa playing behind Stockley just based on watching his montages could work very well or even as a partnership up top, definitely a player I wouldn't turn my nose up at 
    Like who? It’s really not that different from a 4-3-3.
  • Morgan wearing the 10 shirt is a big clue tbh
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I believe so yes. At Southampton it’s what he played, at Hull for the most of his time there it was 4231, last few games he played a 4411. Either way it’s clear he likes wingers or inside forwards working with a lone target man and a play maker behind. No problems with the formation, it’s very good if you have the right players for it 
    If last night at Welling was anything to go by NA likes a good old diagonal pass out of defence to a winger.
  • Vfrf said:
    thenewbie said:

I'd argue that depends on if you happen to be Lee Bowyer keen on having weekly chat with Richard Cawley. No doubt the leaks reduced after his departure.
    Possibly some truth in that but it would be naive to think Bowyer was planting transfer stories. They come from all sorts of unexpected places and obvious ones like other clubs, agents, other journalists around the country. The value of the relationship with the manager is in standing them up or knocking them down. No reason to think Rich doesn’t have those conversations with Adkins.

Sometimes “there’s nothing close”, which isn’t much of a story when repeated regularly. It doesn’t mean nothing will be close the next week or that no signings are intended.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!