Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Sorry have I missed something?
    The local paper says there set to sign Fraser not that they have signed him.
    They may well complete the deal but it doesn't say they have.
    SCOTT FRASER IS A BLUE! - News - Ipswich Town (itfc.co.uk)
  • Come on TS etc do something else good in this transfer window.
  • Ipswich and Wigan top two?
  • Came on here as I heard a really strong rumour, that absolutely sod all is happening…… ! Was a good source as appears to be completely true…. 
  • I don’t see how any League One side can sign Harper (Rumoured around 500,000), Pigott (must be on a fair wedge to stay in L1), Fraser (See Pigott) and Bonne (Probably a chunk of Champ wages)

They must be proper loaded.
  • edited July 2021
    Ipswich and Wigan are doing a League One version of Everton/West Ham. Hoover up some big name players and/or players coming off a decent season for teams one step below them. It hasn't always worked out for those clubs and there's no guarantee it works for these teams in the third tier either.

Yes, money spent generally gives you a better chance but there are still plenty of players out there who can do just as good a job as Fraser or Pigott or Wyke. These guys are signing for League One clubs, not Man City.

On the flip side, we do need to see some movement (2? 3?) before the friendlies against Reading/Palace/Fulham otherwise we're going to be playing catch up on the squad building side again this season. That has worked out for us in the past (18/19 particularly) but it does make the job tougher...
  • Sponsored links:

• SIDSID
    edited July 2021
    The main problem with this window right now isn’t so much who we have or haven’t signed, it’s the expectations after TS’s 5 year plan comments. As long as we’re even marginally better equipped than last season we’ll be in with a real chance of competing for the top two IMHO. 
  • Yep. It’s concerning now. How is it that Ipswich and Wigan are able to secure top targets and we aren’t? And we need a fair few players. 
  • Oh and we have Ipswich last day of the season so safe to say they’re winning the league.
    Thought we had already settled on Wigan winning the league. B)
  • Pretty gutted by that was hoping we could get him

ipswich are doing what we did in the powell title winning year snapping up the leagues top talent them and wigan deffo leading the way atm time for us to step up and make some marquee signings to excite the fans and show some intent !

ipswich are doing what we did in the powell title winning year snapping up the leagues top talent them and wigan deffo leading the way atm time for us to step up and make some marquee signings to excite the fans and show some intent !
    Wont be anyone left worth signing at this rate, bloody Ipshite and Wigan :s
  • So that’s Joe Dodoo and Szmodics I’ve suggested 😂
    I think I will just sit back now and read the rumours/suggestions instead of writing my own ones from now on 😄
    It might have sounded a bit silly but it’s still a great shout on a great player.

Worse has be said on here so don’t worry about it lol

Wont be anyone left worth signing at this rate, bloody Ipshite and Wigan :s
    Yeah, can’t believe there are no footballers available to buy, better shut up shop now 
  • Beg's the question.  What have Gallen , Roddy and Adkins been doing all summer?
    Watching Euro 2020 like the rest of us  ;)
  • I’m not worried about wigan, they needed to rebuild and as a squad, still not that strong.

ipswich are building a nice squad and will be a threat.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fraser is a massive blow.  Time for Albie to step up and be the creative force this season.
  • sam3110 said:
    I'm not concerned about who we haven't signed so far, I'm concerned about who others are signing though, as many of them have been realistic targets that would have improved our squad, and good players for a club like us, chasing promotion. Instead they're now playing for rivals who are trying to do the same thing as us. The more of them that get signed by other teams, the smaller the pool of realistic, decent signings gets, and the closer we get to the transfer deadline, the more panic sets in and the more teams throw money about trying to sign players. You want to make your move early, your have a better chance of getting your targets in and you can bed them in better.
    Pretty much as I see it.
  • sam3110 said:
    I'm not concerned about who we haven't signed so far, I'm concerned about who others are signing though, as many of them have been realistic targets that would have improved our squad, and good players for a club like us, chasing promotion. Instead they're now playing for rivals who are trying to do the same thing as us. The more of them that get signed by other teams, the smaller the pool of realistic, decent signings gets, and the closer we get to the transfer deadline, the more panic sets in and the more teams throw money about trying to sign players. You want to make your move early, your have a better chance of getting your targets in and you can bed them in better.
    Nail on head for me.
  • edited July 2021
    Starting to feel like groundhog day with our transfer dealings. We are clearly not spending anywhere near what we were expecting this summer, Wigan and Ipswich are prepared to spend money on signing players and showing real intent to get out of this crap league whilst we’re messing around trying to haggle on wages and going back to square one after we’ve been turned down.

Not seeing any ambition at the moment, I hope it starts to pick up but not holding my breathe. 
  • esseffect said:
    So that’s Joe Dodoo and Szmodics I’ve suggested 😂
    I think I will just sit back now and read the rumours/suggestions instead of writing my own ones from now on 😄
    It might have sounded a bit silly but it’s still a great shout on a great player.

Worse has be said on here so don’t worry about it lol
    Which one, Dodoo? Now I am only messing about 😂
  • Beg's the question.  What have Gallen , Roddy and Adkins been doing all summer?
    walking and talking?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!