Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Chunes said:
    How can you judge his hold-up and link play when he hasn't touched the ball?

From what I remember, in the early games where we did pass to him, his passing was excellent.
    I can’t remember who it was against but he played a very good ball through to bogle who was one on one with the keeper and bogle fell over.

Yeah I remember a crisp pre-assist to Millar, too. There are a lot of questions over whether he suits League One football or how he fits into this team, but I don't think there any questions over his technical ability. The guy is a technician if nothing else.
  • Chunes said:

From what I remember, in the early games where we did pass to him, his passing was excellent.
    I can’t remember who it was against but he played a very good ball through to bogle who was one on one with the keeper and bogle fell over.

Bristol Rovers away. Then Schwartz tripped over himself with the goal gaping and it all went downhill from there.
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Yeah I remember a crisp pre-assist to Millar, too. There are a lot of questions over whether he suits League One football or how he fits into this team, but I don't think there any questions over his technical ability. The guy is a technician if nothing else.
    He's got the ability for sure. But if he's got the temperament or the mentality is the pressing question now I think.
  • has he got his shin pads on?

• Lazza76 said:
    Hi new to this but Jonny Williams is running round my work had a quick chat would love to come back and left it with his agent left because fell out with bowyer
    Is that his pre-season training?
  • Chunes said:

I think we can all judge and speculate. Why have a forum otherwise? For us all to agree on everything? It is whether our judgement is right or not that is the question. We shall see with Ronnie.
  • Sponsored links:

• IanJRO said:
    I think we should try and get John Parrott if he’s allowed to go out on loan
    He often needs a rest so an ideal replacement for Chucks 🙂
    Right on cue there.  Maybe Chucks should be called Chalks instead. 
  • Chunes said:

I think we can all judge and speculate. Why have a forum otherwise? For us all to agree on everything? It is whether our judgement is right or not that is the question. We shall see with Ronnie.
    I think the point being that no you can't judge his hold up play when we haven't actually seen it yet - seems daft to get too judgmental based on incomplete evidence.

Of course it COULD be that we haven't seen it because he doesn't have that skill set to display but I do think it's premature to write it off out if hand.
  • Lazza76 said:
    Lazza76 said:
    Hi new to this but Jonny Williams is running round my work had a quick chat would love to come back and left it with his agent left because fell out with bowyer
    Welcome Lazza, done well there, straight onto @Dazzler21 list,  B)
    Cheers been on here long time worried about writing anything I only push a mower about
    what is your work? in other words why was Johnny running round it?
  • Lazza76 said:
    Lazza76 said:
    Welcome Lazza, done well there, straight onto @Dazzler21 list,  B)
    Cheers been on here long time worried about writing anything I only push a mower about
    Do you work at Wimbledon? Serious question as I know he's been there recently
  • But we have seen it, just we possibly/hopefully haven't seen it at its best. I don't think we are disagreeing. 
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

I also remember when he came on for his debut against Accrington and immediately sent through a smart chip that nearly cleared their defence. You could see straight away that he was intelligent and good with the ball, so I'm really not surprised to hear there's personal issues with Ronnie. To hear some people talk about him you'd think he was just a bloke who stands on the penalty spot and waits for the ball to bounce in off him, but you don't achieve as much as he has in his career by being solely a poacher, not since about 1989. The fight completely drained out of him as the season went on and the fact he wasn't touching the ball at all sometimes tells you he just wasn't really present. I hope he gets his issues sorted out for his sake and ours, I'm certain there's a good player in there and I want him to succeed for us.
    You only have to look at his you tube videos ( yes I know, doesn't tell the whole story etc) to see he has a strikers instinct but quite a few occasions he would drop back & pick the ball up from his midfield & drive forward at the defenders & knock in a tremendous 25 yarder. Whether he would get that space here is another matter but the work ethic seems to be there, maybe bowyer told him to sit in the box ?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    Chunes said:

I don't really see where this kind of response has come from... I'm not even sure how to reply!
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

I don't really see where this kind of response has come from
    It came from a poster being told he can't judge Ronnie's hold up play when of course he can. Whether he is right or wrong is not the point.
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

I don't really see where this kind of response has come from
    It came from a poster being told he can't judge Ronnie's hold up play when of course he can. Whether he is right or wrong is not the point.
    Ok mate 
  • Lazza76 said:
    Tonbridge school bottom fields
    Stunning effort, mate, used to live basically next door to those and loved the Tonbridge school grounds.
  • Jonniesta said:
    Lazza76 said:
    Tonbridge school bottom fields
    Stunning effort, mate, used to live basically next door to those and loved the Tonbridge school grounds.
    I work up the top on the head saw his car in the car park so went to the bottom fields to say hello
  • Lazza76 said:
    Thanks Nigel … 
  • Oggy Red said:
    Southbank said:
    Southbank said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    if we announced tomorrow that we've managed to offload ronnie and signed a top striker, i reckon the midfield gems that we need would suddenly become very interested  
    It doesn’t look like there’s a top striker out there that’s still available. 

It seems more likely, to me, that we’re hanging our hat on Stockley and we’ll have to invest the majority of our budget on wingers who can score and assist.

I’d wager we’ll replace Chuks with a Premier League loan.
    i'll bow to your greater knowledge but what makes you think there are no top strikers out there? My ideal is we bring one in (i'm talking a lyle taylor (although not him) / Marquis / Piggot / clarke harris type level / player) and a pacey young prem loan if we can do some sort of deal with ronnie - i just can't see him coming good  
    I know what you mean, a talisman for the team (like Taylor, Clarke-Harris, Pigott, etc). I think that’s exactly what we’ve signed Stockley for, we haven’t paid all that money for him to be in a supporting role. 

I think the money we could be investing on another striker will go into a winger/midfielder who can score and assist. Any other gaps in the squad will likely be filled with an exciting loan from a top club.
    Sadly both in terms of goals and all round play Stockley is nowhere near the level Taylor was for us.
    Taylor got 1 in 2 for us, Stockley wasn't far off that last season. Hardly nowhere near the level. 
    Hardly, Taylor got 25 in 45 in League one. Stockley got 8 in 22.
    21 in 41
    Taylor's tally of 21 did include 8 pens (3 missed though).
    That's 13 open play goals in 41 games.

I reckon Stockley's 8 in 22 (1 pen missed) compares pretty well.

Totally agree, that was my point
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!