Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Completely disagree that our only option for a good striker is a prem loan.

Charles, Dale, Piggott, Bishop, Humphrys.

There's never been so many good striker options in this league.
  • I guess the TS interview tweet got deleted...
  • wmcf123 said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    MacGillivray
    Gunter - Inniss - Pearce - Purrington
    Morgan - Dobson - Gilbey
    Washington - Stockley - Jaiyesimi

This is better than the team we started at Crewe with last year tbh, but we don't have shite owner, a transfer embargo and wage cap now so no excuses really !
    Mid table .  
    This team would get top 6 but we know it will look diff come Aug 
    It might if that 11 played every game .  Not enough goals in the squad , having lost Aneke , to finish top 6
  • I guess the TS interview tweet got deleted...
     Looks as if the raw footage was put out, as Sandgaard fucks up when talking about macgilvary
  • sammy391 said:
    I guess the TS interview tweet got deleted...
     Looks as if the raw footage was put out, as Sandgaard fucks up when talking about macgilvary
    What was said?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    sammy391 said:
    What was said?
    He just stumbled a little and forgot his name.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    sammy391 said:
    What was said?
    He couldn’t remember the signings that had been made, Olly Groome tried to jog his memory by suggesting Craig Macgilvary, then whispers goalkeeper.

then sandgaard says about ‘we can cut there etc’ and then starts again and continues to talk about being Portsmouth’s player of the year etc
  • Sponsored links:

• See on the OS last pre season game V Fulham at Craven cottage 31st July, so no home friendlies this year :(
  • Said “we just invest a little more than last season” 
  • See on the OS last pre season game V Fulham at Craven cottage 31st July, so no home friendlies this year :(
    Giving the new pitch maximum time to grow
  • Longtime trialist Sam Oguntayo has finally signed his first professional contract
    Good news. Where's that come from?

Someone on twitter saying Jay Mingi hasn't re-signed
  • Laddick01 said:
    mendonca said:
    To everybody who have struggled to sleep since TS said 'we are going to try to blow the league next season'.

In the interview above, he just said 'we will try our upmost to get promoted this season to the Championship'. 

You can now reset your baseline of expectations in accordance to his exact words, and refer to the ambitions in the latest interview which supersedes anything said last season.
    I understand the change in attitude. This summer stupid money is being thrown about. Wyke at 10k p/w is a joke. 

I think last summer we could’ve blown the league away with the right recruitment. This year teams like Wigan and Ipswich are throwing money about.

We don’t need to be the highest spenders, just the smartest.
    I don't think it is a change of attitude.  We are doing exactly what we were planning to do when he said the original comment.

I have 100% belief that by trying their upmost they will end up blowing the league out the water.

He shouldn't have said the first comment, even if believed it.  He will have had that feedback.

I honestly believe that come October he will proved right and people will be pleasantly suprised, even by the "tepid and uninspiring" players that were here last season. 

• We should have gone up last season in an auto place. If it wasnt for the 3 month meltdown from December we would have. I really dont think we need to spend massive to get promoted the squad we have just needs some added players that will do the job. Just because a few clubs are paying silly money doesnt mean the players they are spending it on all of a sudden become better players just because they are earning more does it ?

As I keep saying how many players have Wigan, Ipswich, Portsmouth etc signed that many on here have been envious of ?

• Sponsored links:

• Longtime trialist Sam Oguntayo has finally signed his first professional contract

The OS named Mingi on the list of players offered a new deal. He wasn’t on their list the other day of u23s and u18s who have signed up.
  • AndyG said:
    shine166 said:

Latest from Cawley nothing sounds close or as people have said he poss isnt being updated much
    His last comment sums it up, its as if people think they are more clued up than those running the club.
    I think that's an important point.

It's frustrating for us that there hasn't been more movement but it'll be even more frustrating for the recruitment team, TS and Adkins as not only do they have to actually work on these deals but if they don't get it right it makes their job for the coming season harder too.

People would do well to remember that they're as desperate for success as we are.
    It is a good point and Cawley has said deals are being worked on. I do understand Golfie's point too. He isn't attacking Thomas, but waiting to see what happens to the recruitment before he is happy with it and he feels we should be further down the track than we are given what we were told. 

My view is, I am expecting good recruitment and I appreciate it might be difficult and delayed due to a variety of reasons, but I will judge it when I see it in its totality.
    I am with you Muttley. I DO appreciate getting recruitment right and securing the right players in a competitive market is not easy. As supporters we owe a lot to TS and it's a real shame for him that the economic impacts of COVID have reduced club turnover when he wants to invest in the playing side of the club. So I will be patient and hope they can assemble a strong enough squad to have a good stab at promotion this season.

In saying that I don't see why a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon to give Golfie such a hard time. He simply adopts the policy of saying "Show me" and that actions speak louder than words. I don't think that makes him the devil incarnate does it? 
    That’s fine & dandy until he goes & says things like ‘I don’t see much difference between TS & Douchbag’.
    Then I just want to rip his head off & shit down his neck!

Sorry, but I’m a tad wound up today & he ain’t helping 😫😫😫😫
    Mods, can you please ask this poster to amend or delete this post.

It is very abusive & not in the spirit of this board.

Someone on here the other day mentioned the word "mental" and the thread went into overdrive calling him out on it.

I dont think wanting to rip my head off & shit down my neck is very pleasant.

I think I will take myself off here & wont add to this thread until posters can be civil to one another.

Golfie I'm honestly not having a go mate I just wanted to point out that maybe you are judging TS a bit early on this situation. You are getting stressy about people questioning you on your comments but you think it totally acceptable to question the current owners integrity and basically allude to him being a liar ! and class him along with past wronguns ?
    On this occasion mate you may want a rethink
    Okay, the written word can be taken in different ways, a bit like sex.  However, I'm with @golfaddick on this one.
  • AndyG said:
    shine166 said:

Latest from Cawley nothing sounds close or as people have said he poss isnt being updated much
    His last comment sums it up, its as if people think they are more clued up than those running the club.
    I think that's an important point.

It's frustrating for us that there hasn't been more movement but it'll be even more frustrating for the recruitment team, TS and Adkins as not only do they have to actually work on these deals but if they don't get it right it makes their job for the coming season harder too.

People would do well to remember that they're as desperate for success as we are.
    It is a good point and Cawley has said deals are being worked on. I do understand Golfie's point too. He isn't attacking Thomas, but waiting to see what happens to the recruitment before he is happy with it and he feels we should be further down the track than we are given what we were told. 

My view is, I am expecting good recruitment and I appreciate it might be difficult and delayed due to a variety of reasons, but I will judge it when I see it in its totality.
    I am with you Muttley. I DO appreciate getting recruitment right and securing the right players in a competitive market is not easy. As supporters we owe a lot to TS and it's a real shame for him that the economic impacts of COVID have reduced club turnover when he wants to invest in the playing side of the club. So I will be patient and hope they can assemble a strong enough squad to have a good stab at promotion this season.

In saying that I don't see why a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon to give Golfie such a hard time. He simply adopts the policy of saying "Show me" and that actions speak louder than words. I don't think that makes him the devil incarnate does it? 
    That’s fine & dandy until he goes & says things like ‘I don’t see much difference between TS & Douchbag’.
    Then I just want to rip his head off & shit down his neck!

Sorry, but I’m a tad wound up today & he ain’t helping 😫😫😫😫
    Mods, can you please ask this poster to amend or delete this post.

It is very abusive & not in the spirit of this board.

Someone on here the other day mentioned the word "mental" and the thread went into overdrive calling him out on it.

I dont think wanting to rip my head off & shit down my neck is very pleasant.

I think I will take myself off here & wont add to this thread until posters can be civil to one another.

Golfie I'm honestly not having a go mate I just wanted to point out that maybe you are judging TS a bit early on this situation. You are getting stressy about people questioning you on your comments but you think it totally acceptable to question the current owners integrity and basically allude to him being a liar ! and class him along with past wronguns ?
    On this occasion mate you may want a rethink
    Okay, the written word can be taken in different ways, a bit like sex.  However, I'm with @golfaddick on this one.
    I thought everyone had decided to leave all this as yesterdays news mate.

Golfie is happy today he said so himself earlier. New Dawn's all around let's all move on with the current positivity 
  • Scoham said:
    Longtime trialist Sam Oguntayo has finally signed his first professional contract

The OS named Mingi on the list of players offered a new deal. He wasn’t on their list the other day of u23s and u18s who have signed up.
    I think he’s been offered a deal elsewhere with first team football
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    if we announced tomorrow that we've managed to offload ronnie and signed a top striker, i reckon the midfield gems that we need would suddenly become very interested  
    It doesn’t look like there’s a top striker out there that’s still available. 

It seems more likely, to me, that we’re hanging our hat on Stockley and we’ll have to invest the majority of our budget on wingers who can score and assist.

I’d wager we’ll replace Chuks with a Premier League loan.
    i'll bow to your greater knowledge but what makes you think there are no top strikers out there? My ideal is we bring one in (i'm talking a lyle taylor (although not him) / Marquis / Piggot / clarke harris type level / player) and a pacey young prem loan if we can do some sort of deal with ronnie - i just can't see him coming good  
    I know what you mean, a talisman for the team (like Taylor, Clarke-Harris, Pigott, etc). I think that’s exactly what we’ve signed Stockley for, we haven’t paid all that money for him to be in a supporting role. 

I think the money we could be investing on another striker will go into a winger/midfielder who can score and assist. Any other gaps in the squad will likely be filled with an exciting loan from a top club.
    Sadly both in terms of goals and all round play Stockley is nowhere near the level Taylor was for us.
  • We need somebody who can create or belt a goal in from nowhere to keep us up the table. Bit like Clarke-Harris did against us at the Valley, while we spent the game huffing and puffing.
  • Southbank said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    if we announced tomorrow that we've managed to offload ronnie and signed a top striker, i reckon the midfield gems that we need would suddenly become very interested  

It seems more likely, to me, that we’re hanging our hat on Stockley and we’ll have to invest the majority of our budget on wingers who can score and assist.

i'll bow to your greater knowledge but what makes you think there are no top strikers out there? My ideal is we bring one in (i'm talking a lyle taylor (although not him) / Marquis / Piggot / clarke harris type level / player) and a pacey young prem loan if we can do some sort of deal with ronnie - i just can't see him coming good  
    I know what you mean, a talisman for the team (like Taylor, Clarke-Harris, Pigott, etc). I think that’s exactly what we’ve signed Stockley for, we haven’t paid all that money for him to be in a supporting role. 

I think the money we could be investing on another striker will go into a winger/midfielder who can score and assist. Any other gaps in the squad will likely be filled with an exciting loan from a top club.
    Sadly both in terms of goals and all round play Stockley is nowhere near the level Taylor was for us.
    Agreed, but strikers like Lyle Taylor are one in a million. 

You have to make do with what you’ve got, we’re fortunate to have Jayden Stockley. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Bloody hell, the way he takes his sunglasses off is so cheesy I couldn’t watch it without crackers. 

Good interview though, all the right noise 
  • Southbank said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Taylor got 1 in 2 for us, Stockley wasn't far off that last season. Hardly nowhere near the level. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!