Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• DDOUBLEE said:
    esseffect said:
    Won’t be surprised if we see just one more perm signing. 2 at a push and the rest loans. 

How many real first team players is that?
    Need way, way more than that if we want promotion.
    Just to clarify, signing only ‘one more player maybe two’ is one bloke’s opinion, not fact - before this gets lodged in the collective consciousness and mass hysteria ensues. 
  • Schwartz’s had had an extended break due to personal issues.
  • I think we should try and get John Parrott if he’s allowed to go out on loan
  • Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    To everybody who have struggled to sleep since TS said 'we are going to try to blow the league next season'.

In the interview above, he just said 'we will try our upmost to get promoted this season to the Championship'. 

You can now reset your baseline of expectations in accordance to his exact words, and refer to the ambitions in the latest interview which supersedes anything said last season.
    But this is year 2 of a five year plan. Or , Soviet style, the 5 year plan has been
    re-set .
    It was hopefully promoted to the premier League in 4 maybe 5 years.

He has signed a manager that has had consecutive promotions to maximise his chances.

If we fail again, I'll be interested to see how he chooses for us to proceed.
     I am not unhappy with where we are. Remember where we were. However I am now immune to lies after 4 years Donald Duck and ' Fat Boy blond ' so I am shocked that TS now says CAFC will do their utmost to get promoted.  I would hardly expect less. 
    I am fully aware it is not my money of course.

I just want sensible honest talking. Not 

However if we are aiming to 'smash this league we should be aiming at signing the best players available to win this division in positions still to be filled. 

You can of course make a case that starting the season with the squad we ended last season with could supply us automatic promotion. The points gained under Atkins would back that up. If you hold that view, and I am sympathetic to it, it is positive we are re-signing  a lot of the players. 

If we are going to appraise where we are at the eve of our first pre-season friendly, we are still Aneke and Millar down as well as Forster-Caskey. We have to appreciate that the best loans come later because the mother clubs make the decisions late and we can expect to strengthen there. We also know we are still looking to bring players in. As we stand, we are ok but not stronger than last season but we haven't got to the icing on the cake stage and the cake seems to have been baked.
  • TS said in the interview "plenty more to come", perhaps we might get another 1 or 2 announced today, before they leave for Wales?
  • TS said in the interview "plenty more to come", perhaps we might get another 1 or 2 announced today, before they leave for Wales?
    Interview was from Tuesday so we've already had the two IE Matthews and Famewo 
  • Sponsored links:

• The team has to set up to accommodate him. A lot will depend on how Adkins wants to play. How Ronnie performs in pre-season will be interesting. 
  • AndyG said:
    Spurs letting Troy Parrot go out on loan again

Spurs letting Troy Parrot go out on loan again, Spurs letting Troy Parrot go out on loan again, Spurs letting Troy Parrot go out on loan  again.
    Good looking chap!  A very pretty boy
  • Swisdom said:
    AndyG said:

Spurs letting Troy Parrot go out on loan again, Spurs letting Troy Parrot go out on loan again, Spurs letting Troy Parrot go out on loan  again.
    Beautiful plumage. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    AndyG said:
    Would be an interesting one , don't think he did much at Millwall last season. 
    Or Ipswich
    You can say that again.
    Or Ipswich 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Swisdom said:
    AndyG said:

Beautiful plumage.

Norwegian Blue?
  • I think we’ll make 2 - 3 permanent signings and use up our remaining four loans. Anything less and it won’t have been a good window. I’m still hoping that our marquee signing is still to come but I get the feeling it was Jayden.
  • Troy Parrot of spurs loves a beer and thinks he is better than what he is according to someone I know who has watched him many times. Maybe that's why he done nowt at Millwall or Ipswich 
  • I am happy with what we have done so far but would like us to sign at least one outfield player we haven't owned or part owned before.
  • I think we should try and get John Parrott if he’s allowed to go out on loan
    He often needs a rest so an ideal replacement for Chucks 🙂
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolutely delighted to get Famewo, especially with the option to buy.
    Pleased we have secured Stockley.
    Dobson, looking forward to seeing him play. Is he better than Pratley? We'll see, but he has age on his side.
    Goalie looks a decent replacement for Amos.
    On the back of owner and manager comments I was expecting some wow factor signings, a notion that has since been "corrected".
    State of mind at the moment? Excited about the coming season, if not especially excited about the squad at the moment.
  • “All the players are training so well. The medical sports science team – Danny Murphy, Josh Hornby, Adam Coe and Ben Talbot – they have been absolutely brilliant."

Our Thomas is definitely paying NA commision per mention for the medical and sports science team. Before you know, it will be our Medical team sponsored by Zynex is excellent :-)
  • cfgs said:
    I am happy with what we have done so far but would like us to sign at least one outfield player we haven't owned or part owned before.
    Dobson 
    Old age and stupidity let me down again.
  • I've said before but unfortunatley the way Adkins has previously set up means the game won't suit Ronnie he needs to play in a two. His hold up and link play was absymal last season ... obviously he didn't play loads, but I remember in one game (Fleetwood away?) he didn't even touch the ball.

Needs to be offloaded. best for both parties.
  • edited July 2021
    How can you judge his hold-up and link play when he hasn't touched the ball?

From what I remember, in the early games where we did pass to him, his passing was excellent.
  • Chunes said:
    How can you judge his hold-up and link play when he hasn't touched the ball?

From what I remember, in the early games where we did pass to him, his passing was excellent.
    I can’t remember who it was against but he played a very good ball through to bogle who was one on one with the keeper and bogle fell over.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!