Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Southbank said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    if we announced tomorrow that we've managed to offload ronnie and signed a top striker, i reckon the midfield gems that we need would suddenly become very interested  
    It doesn’t look like there’s a top striker out there that’s still available. 

It seems more likely, to me, that we’re hanging our hat on Stockley and we’ll have to invest the majority of our budget on wingers who can score and assist.

I’d wager we’ll replace Chuks with a Premier League loan.
    i'll bow to your greater knowledge but what makes you think there are no top strikers out there? My ideal is we bring one in (i'm talking a lyle taylor (although not him) / Marquis / Piggot / clarke harris type level / player) and a pacey young prem loan if we can do some sort of deal with ronnie - i just can't see him coming good  
    I know what you mean, a talisman for the team (like Taylor, Clarke-Harris, Pigott, etc). I think that’s exactly what we’ve signed Stockley for, we haven’t paid all that money for him to be in a supporting role. 

I think the money we could be investing on another striker will go into a winger/midfielder who can score and assist. Any other gaps in the squad will likely be filled with an exciting loan from a top club.
    Sadly both in terms of goals and all round play Stockley is nowhere near the level Taylor was for us.
    Taylor got 1 in 2 for us, Stockley wasn't far off that last season. Hardly nowhere near the level. 
    No pens for Stockley either...... 
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Just had Sean Dyche in the cab. Asked him to loan us some talent since he picked up an absolute bargain with Nick Pope 
    Dogging?
  • mendonca said:
    We need somebody who can create or belt a goal in from nowhere to keep us up the table. Bit like Clarke-Harris did against us at the Valley, while we spent the game huffing and puffing.
    Somebody like Ricky Holmes.
  • Spurs letting Troy Parrot go out on loan again
  • AndyG said:
    Spurs letting Troy Parrot go out on loan again
    Would be an interesting one , don't think he did much at Millwall last season. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    AndyG said:
    Or Ipswich
  • Wigan have sold a U18 wonder kid to Leeds.  
  • AndyG said:
     if only we had a contact at the Spurs academy
  • Sponsored links:

• Wigan have sold a U18 wonder kid to Leeds.  
    Yup that's a weird one isnt it. Sell a highly rated young player and buy older players from league one and pay them fortunes. Not sure they have a 5 year plan lol
  • AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    shine166 said:

Latest from Cawley nothing sounds close or as people have said he poss isnt being updated much
    His last comment sums it up, its as if people think they are more clued up than those running the club.
    I think that's an important point.

It's frustrating for us that there hasn't been more movement but it'll be even more frustrating for the recruitment team, TS and Adkins as not only do they have to actually work on these deals but if they don't get it right it makes their job for the coming season harder too.

People would do well to remember that they're as desperate for success as we are.
    It is a good point and Cawley has said deals are being worked on. I do understand Golfie's point too. He isn't attacking Thomas, but waiting to see what happens to the recruitment before he is happy with it and he feels we should be further down the track than we are given what we were told. 

My view is, I am expecting good recruitment and I appreciate it might be difficult and delayed due to a variety of reasons, but I will judge it when I see it in its totality.
    I am with you Muttley. I DO appreciate getting recruitment right and securing the right players in a competitive market is not easy. As supporters we owe a lot to TS and it's a real shame for him that the economic impacts of COVID have reduced club turnover when he wants to invest in the playing side of the club. So I will be patient and hope they can assemble a strong enough squad to have a good stab at promotion this season.

In saying that I don't see why a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon to give Golfie such a hard time. He simply adopts the policy of saying "Show me" and that actions speak louder than words. I don't think that makes him the devil incarnate does it? 
    That’s fine & dandy until he goes & says things like ‘I don’t see much difference between TS & Douchbag’.
    Then I just want to rip his head off & shit down his neck!

Sorry, but I’m a tad wound up today & he ain’t helping 😫😫😫😫
    Mods, can you please ask this poster to amend or delete this post.

It is very abusive & not in the spirit of this board.

Someone on here the other day mentioned the word "mental" and the thread went into overdrive calling him out on it.

I dont think wanting to rip my head off & shit down my neck is very pleasant.

I think I will take myself off here & wont add to this thread until posters can be civil to one another.

Golfie I'm honestly not having a go mate I just wanted to point out that maybe you are judging TS a bit early on this situation. You are getting stressy about people questioning you on your comments but you think it totally acceptable to question the current owners integrity and basically allude to him being a liar ! and class him along with past wronguns ?
    On this occasion mate you may want a rethink
    Okay, the written word can be taken in different ways, a bit like sex.  However, I'm with @golfaddick on this one.
    I thought everyone had decided to leave all this as yesterdays news mate.

Golfie is happy today he said so himself earlier. New Dawn's all around let's all move on with the current positivity 
    Forgive me for only reading yesterday's stuff this evening.
    Anyway, can @golfaddick give us another 'meeting of women' tale?......please.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    AndyG said:
    Or Ipswich
    Honestly had forgotten he was at Ipswich second half of the season. Don't think he'd be someone that would come in without a guarantee that he'd be a starter 
  • AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    shine166 said:

Latest from Cawley nothing sounds close or as people have said he poss isnt being updated much
    His last comment sums it up, its as if people think they are more clued up than those running the club.
    I think that's an important point.

It's frustrating for us that there hasn't been more movement but it'll be even more frustrating for the recruitment team, TS and Adkins as not only do they have to actually work on these deals but if they don't get it right it makes their job for the coming season harder too.

People would do well to remember that they're as desperate for success as we are.
    It is a good point and Cawley has said deals are being worked on. I do understand Golfie's point too. He isn't attacking Thomas, but waiting to see what happens to the recruitment before he is happy with it and he feels we should be further down the track than we are given what we were told. 

My view is, I am expecting good recruitment and I appreciate it might be difficult and delayed due to a variety of reasons, but I will judge it when I see it in its totality.
    I am with you Muttley. I DO appreciate getting recruitment right and securing the right players in a competitive market is not easy. As supporters we owe a lot to TS and it's a real shame for him that the economic impacts of COVID have reduced club turnover when he wants to invest in the playing side of the club. So I will be patient and hope they can assemble a strong enough squad to have a good stab at promotion this season.

In saying that I don't see why a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon to give Golfie such a hard time. He simply adopts the policy of saying "Show me" and that actions speak louder than words. I don't think that makes him the devil incarnate does it? 
    That’s fine & dandy until he goes & says things like ‘I don’t see much difference between TS & Douchbag’.
    Then I just want to rip his head off & shit down his neck!

Sorry, but I’m a tad wound up today & he ain’t helping 😫😫😫😫
    Mods, can you please ask this poster to amend or delete this post.

It is very abusive & not in the spirit of this board.

Someone on here the other day mentioned the word "mental" and the thread went into overdrive calling him out on it.

I dont think wanting to rip my head off & shit down my neck is very pleasant.

I think I will take myself off here & wont add to this thread until posters can be civil to one another.

Golfie I'm honestly not having a go mate I just wanted to point out that maybe you are judging TS a bit early on this situation. You are getting stressy about people questioning you on your comments but you think it totally acceptable to question the current owners integrity and basically allude to him being a liar ! and class him along with past wronguns ?
    On this occasion mate you may want a rethink
    Okay, the written word can be taken in different ways, a bit like sex.  However, I'm with @golfaddick on this one.
    I thought everyone had decided to leave all this as yesterdays news mate.

Golfie is happy today he said so himself earlier. New Dawn's all around let's all move on with the current positivity 
    Forgive me for only reading yesterday's stuff this evening.
    Anyway, can @golfaddick give us another 'meeting of women' tale?......please.
    Don’t encourage him Elfie😲
  • Southbank said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    if we announced tomorrow that we've managed to offload ronnie and signed a top striker, i reckon the midfield gems that we need would suddenly become very interested  

It seems more likely, to me, that we’re hanging our hat on Stockley and we’ll have to invest the majority of our budget on wingers who can score and assist.

i'll bow to your greater knowledge but what makes you think there are no top strikers out there? My ideal is we bring one in (i'm talking a lyle taylor (although not him) / Marquis / Piggot / clarke harris type level / player) and a pacey young prem loan if we can do some sort of deal with ronnie - i just can't see him coming good  
    I know what you mean, a talisman for the team (like Taylor, Clarke-Harris, Pigott, etc). I think that’s exactly what we’ve signed Stockley for, we haven’t paid all that money for him to be in a supporting role. 

I think the money we could be investing on another striker will go into a winger/midfielder who can score and assist. Any other gaps in the squad will likely be filled with an exciting loan from a top club.
    Sadly both in terms of goals and all round play Stockley is nowhere near the level Taylor was for us.
    Taylor got 1 in 2 for us, Stockley wasn't far off that last season. Hardly nowhere near the level. 
    Hardly, Taylor got 25 in 45 in League one. Stockley got 8 in 22.
  • Southbank said:
    Southbank said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Taylor had a full preseason and the team was built around him spearheading our forward line. He also had Karlan Grant beside him who played more unselfishly than in previous seasons and later Josh Parker who was completely unselfish (because he knew he couldn't score)
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Southbank said:
    Southbank said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Taylor had a full preseason and the team was built around him spearheading our forward line. He also had Karlan Grant beside him who played more unselfishly than in previous seasons and later Josh Parker who was completely unselfish (because he knew he couldn't score)
    Washington is not selfish. I would love to believe Stockley can score 25 goals.

But I don't.
  • Taylor was fantastic that season. I don't think anyone has said he wasn't. I'd be careful if you're trying to twist people's words. People have simply said Stockley wasn't far off Taylor's level in terms of goalscoring.

I believe Stockley can get 15-20 goals

I think Washington can get 15 too

If our third & 4th choices can get 10- 15 between them that's fantastic.
  • mendonca said:
    To everybody who have struggled to sleep since TS said 'we are going to try to blow the league next season'.

In the interview above, he just said 'we will try our upmost to get promoted this season to the Championship'. 

You can now reset your baseline of expectations in accordance to his exact words, and refer to the ambitions in the latest interview which supersedes anything said last season.
    But this is year 2 of a five year plan. Or , Soviet style, the 5 year plan has been
    re-set .
    It was hopefully promoted to the premier League in 4 maybe 5 years.

He has signed a manager that has had consecutive promotions to maximise his chances.

If we fail again, I'll be interested to see how he chooses for us to proceed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Southbank said:
    Southbank said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

21 in 41
  • Southbank said:
    Southbank said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

21 in 41
    Thanks, that's an even better average
  • Southbank said:
    Southbank said:
    Southbank said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

21 in 41
    Thanks, that's an even better average
    No it isn't...
  • MarcusH26 said:
    AndyG said:
    Or Ipswich
    You can say that again.
  • edited July 2021
    Delighted to have Famewo back and content to have Matthew’s back.

i totally agree with the poster that said Taylor is far superior to Stockley - his movement, athleticism, link up and finishing are all better

But Jayden is still a leading L1 striker. What this team really needs now IMO is a Malik Wilkes or Jamal Lowe, a wide forward who will score 15+ this season.

I can’t believe we still have posters going on about 3rd or 4th Scorers tucking 10+ times … he plays one up top! (how many times)

The Chuks replacement and the wingers are the stardust we need. I heard about one winger they are interested who’d be good start
  • Won’t be surprised if we see just one more perm signing. 2 at a push and the rest loans. 

How many real first team players is that?
  • DOUCHER said:

I dont think that would be good enough to be honest we need to replace aneke with a proven goalscorer not a youngster who may or may not work out 

we have lost a lot of goals and physicality with aneke going we HAVE to replace that ! 
    Can you name a proven goal scorer at this level who we could realistically sign and not spend all of our transfer budget? 

The only striker I can think of who could get 15+ goals and not break the bank is Stephen Humphrys, he’s about to sign for Wigan. 
    But do you know what the transfer budget actually is as far as im aware yes its been played down by gallen but that would be sensible as otherwise it raises prices for all players

Whether we can get them im not sure but personally names i like are pigott 
    taylor oxford
    Charles accrington

Your right though humphrys would of been ideal 

must be some mid/low champ strikers we could poach if offered the right money 
    The guy at Plymouth, Jephcott?
    Recently signed a new contract - Plymouth Argyle would expect big bucks for him.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!