Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Good signing.
  • mendonca said:
    Just one negative from the Famewo signing. It's brought home just how far apart we are from a club like Norwich these days :(
    We'll be in the same division in 2022/23
  • mendonca said:
    Just one negative from the Famewo signing. It's brought home just how far apart we are from a club like Norwich these days :(
    We'll be in the same division in 2022/23
    Only because they become a yo-yo club between prem and championship …. the gap between the relegated clubs and the rest of the championship is getting wider because of this unfair parachute money 
  • edited July 2021
    Valley11 said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Wigan have signed Wyke
    They are going for it
    I think they're assembling a squad that will be around the playoffs at least. But the signings don't scream 'running away with the league.' They're getting them done early, which is obviously good for them. I think all things being equal, and presuming that the teams aiming for the top 2 positions end up bringing in players of comparable quality, it will come down to which manager can the best tune out of his squad (which sounds obvious.) Of course, like last year, you might get a contender or two that didn't make any particularly big-name signings, but were very well drilled, like Blackpool and Lincoln.
    Yes, I don't think they've signed anyone I'd want us to bring in.
    Funny, because almost everyone on here wanted Jordan Cousins back.

For the record I didnt.

I observed that Jordon Cousins was having a laugh after Stoke lost at the valley with a Cafc coach when he walk towards the tunnel early on in our championship season when he was an unused sub. The Stoke fans wouldn't have seen it from the Jimmy Seed but I wondered then if he was losing his Hunger for football and was content to be a bench warmer and pick up 15K a week (estimate)

If Jordon Cousins can't do a job in League 1 for Wigan at 27 then he has really gone down hill. 
  • Jonny Williams not re signed yet might as well get that one done today 
  • edited July 2021
    RedChaser said:
    eieieio up the squad churn charts we go...
    Squad churn, it's such a silly expression.
    Sounds like we are making yoghurt with them
    Muller would be a decent signing. 
    Good on corners 😉
    Bit of a "Lite" weight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Lyle Taylor then 
  • I’ll be very pleased once we get a (hopeful) goal scorer with a bit of pace tied up. Really need someone like a Wright-Phillips imo, someone who knows where the goal is, has pace and can get in behind.

Stockley is a target and Conor a worker. It’s missing the other type 
    I agree with this. We should be targeting someone like Lawrence Shankland. Scored shedload of goals in Scotland, surely can do it in League one!
  • I’ll be very pleased once we get a (hopeful) goal scorer with a bit of pace tied up. Really need someone like a Wright-Phillips imo, someone who knows where the goal is, has pace and can get in behind.

Stockley is a target and Conor a worker. It’s missing the other type 
    I agree with this. We should be targeting someone like Lawrence Shankland. Scored shedload of goals in Scotland, surely can do it in League one!
    I don’t think a 6’1” target man will have much pace in behind 
  • Sorry I've done about 5 f***ing spreadsheets today and i am going out of my mind with boredom.
  • Sponsored links:

• if we announced tomorrow that we've managed to offload ronnie and signed a top striker, i reckon the midfield gems that we need would suddenly become very interested  
  • DOUCHER said:
    if we announced tomorrow that we've managed to offload ronnie and signed a top striker, i reckon the midfield gems that we need would suddenly become very interested  
    It doesn’t look like there’s a top striker out there that’s still available. 

It seems more likely, to me, that we’re hanging our hat on Stockley and we’ll have to invest the majority of our budget on wingers who can score and assist.

I’d wager we’ll replace Chuks with a Premier League loan.
  • Not a rumour but a comment.

One of the gaps in the squad for me is the lack of left footed players going forward and at Left Back. Fanewo and Pearce now tick the LCB box.

Both Gunter and Matthews have played Left Back. Indeed Adam played in that position against Messi in Celtic's iconic victory over Barcelona. It will be interesting to see whether one of them will be utilised there .

In contrast last season we had Doughty, JFC, Maddison and Maatsen all as positive left footed options . 

In my view we need three replacements another left back , a versatile left sided player on the wing and another left footed central midfielder .
  • edited July 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    if we announced tomorrow that we've managed to offload ronnie and signed a top striker, i reckon the midfield gems that we need would suddenly become very interested  

It seems more likely, to me, that we’re hanging our hat on Stockley and we’ll have to invest the majority of our budget on wingers who can score and assist.

I dont think that would be good enough to be honest we need to replace aneke with a proven goalscorer not a youngster who may or may not work out 

we have lost a lot of goals and physicality with aneke going we HAVE to replace that ! 
  • DOUCHER said:

I dont think that would be good enough to be honest we need to replace aneke with a proven goalscorer not a youngster who may or may not work out 

we have lost a lot of goals and physicality with aneke going we HAVE to replace that ! 
    Can you name a proven goal scorer at this level who we could realistically sign and not spend all of our transfer budget? 

The only striker I can think of who could get 15+ goals and not break the bank is Stephen Humphrys, he’s about to sign for Wigan. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!