Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• There seems to me to be 'very little to absolutely no patience' being shown by many people on this thread!
    Just because the club aren't saying anything or rolling out new signings every other day, doesn't mean they are doing nothing!!
    This, as I've said before, is a new regime, we are owned by a very successful businessman, in his own right, and hence he will be doing things his way.
    Do people honestly think the club don't know we need quite a few good quality players?
    FFS everyone, especially you @golfaddick just chill out and see what happens!
    Continually moaning and complaining isn't going to change how the club are working, they are doing things their way.
    If at the start of the season we are short of quality players then complain away, but for now just sit back, watch tonight's game, hope England win and chill out. 
    Getting wound up with each other over something none of us control is completely fucking pointless!!!

Hooray! The voice of reason.

• cfgs said:
    I think @golfaddick is getting a raw deal he might be a complete pessimist but he is a proper fan, he loves our club and just wants the best for them. He can't help his outlook and he has every right to share his views as any of us. Nothing is false or contrived with him it is what he thinks and whilst I don't share his views I welcome that he shares them. If you don't agree with him ignore him.

My wife and daughters say I am far too cheerful, so maybe I need to be more Golfie.
    I don't always agree with @g@golfaddick , but I love reading his contributions .
  • edited July 2021
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Just had Sean Dyche in the cab. Asked him to loan us some talent since he picked up an absolute bargain with 

sorry cock up on the brain fron
  • Redrobo said:
    Hal1x said:
    Hal1x said:
    Everyone having a nice day?
    You can go boil your head as well!, :)
    Is that the best you can do? I'm only mildly offended.😁
    Sorry I had a revolting Vegan Quorn Chilli non carne for lunch, and Im not feeling my usual self.
    Serves you right. EAT MEAT. It’s what God would have wanted.
    🙂
    I'm disappointed we didn't get a 5 page argument about the pros and cons of veganism as a result of that comment  ;)
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Rothko said:
    Wigan are at present close to having a decent starting 11, they don't have anything that looks like a competitive squad
    At least they have a starting 11...........
    Maybe not THE starting, but A starting 11 that could do a job at least til the window closes (I wouldn't be happy about this either mind).

MacGillivray
    Gunter - Inniss - Pearce - Purrington
    Morgan - Dobson - Gilbey
    Washington - Stockley - Jaiyesimi

To me that feels like a team that finishes 8th-12th. I see nothing at the front in that lineup that makes up for the loss of Aneke.
  • Redrobo said:
    Hal1x said:
    Hal1x said:
    Everyone having a nice day?
    You can go boil your head as well!, :)
    Is that the best you can do? I'm only mildly offended.😁
    Sorry I had a revolting Vegan Quorn Chilli non carne for lunch, and Im not feeling my usual self.
    Serves you right. EAT MEAT. It’s what God would have wanted.
    🙂
    I'm disappointed we didn't get a 5 page argument about the pros and cons of veganism as a result of that comment  ;)
    Give it time the night is young and if the goes the wrong way strap yourself in 😈
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Rothko said:
    Wigan are at present close to having a decent starting 11, they don't have anything that looks like a competitive squad
    At least they have a starting 11...........
    Maybe not THE starting, but A starting 11 that could do a job at least til the window closes (I wouldn't be happy about this either mind).

MacGillivray
    Morgan - Dobson - Gilbey

To me that feels like a team that finishes 8th-12th. I see nothing at the front in that lineup that makes up for the loss of Aneke.
    It's not even a team to start the season, @Napa and it won't be the team that finishes the season either.

You can be sure that there'll be a number of new players incoming, both contracted and loanees.
    We'll have a full squad by the end of the transfer window, you bet.

And there'll be more tweaking of the squad in January.

• Rothko said:
    shine166 said:

Latest from Cawley nothing sounds close or as people have said he poss isnt being updated much
    His last comment sums it up, its as if people think they are more clued up than those running the club.
    I think that's an important point.

It's frustrating for us that there hasn't been more movement but it'll be even more frustrating for the recruitment team, TS and Adkins as not only do they have to actually work on these deals but if they don't get it right it makes their job for the coming season harder too.

People would do well to remember that they're as desperate for success as we are.
    It is a good point and Cawley has said deals are being worked on. I do understand Golfie's point too. He isn't attacking Thomas, but waiting to see what happens to the recruitment before he is happy with it and he feels we should be further down the track than we are given what we were told. 

My view is, I am expecting good recruitment and I appreciate it might be difficult and delayed due to a variety of reasons, but I will judge it when I see it in its totality.
    I am with you Muttley. I DO appreciate getting recruitment right and securing the right players in a competitive market is not easy. As supporters we owe a lot to TS and it's a real shame for him that the economic impacts of COVID have reduced club turnover when he wants to invest in the playing side of the club. So I will be patient and hope they can assemble a strong enough squad to have a good stab at promotion this season.

In saying that I don't see why a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon to give Golfie such a hard time. He simply adopts the policy of saying "Show me" and that actions speak louder than words. I don't think that makes him the devil incarnate does it? 
    Cause he's a fucking tiresome bore, and even when shown, he'll whine on like a stroppy toddler that it's not enough of someone else money being spent, or the wrong player etc etc 
    He is. Makes the forum unbearable at times. 
    You can always leave.
  • Closed for the game 
  • But it is actually coming home so all good
  • CH4RLTON said:
    MacGillivray
    Morgan - Dobson - Gilbey

This is better than the team we started at Crewe with last year tbh, but we don't have shite owner, a transfer embargo and wage cap now so no excuses really !
    Mid table .  
  • You’re in my Top 1,000 posters Danny, commemorative plate on its way :-) 
    I’ll take that :)
  • Sponsored links:

• wmcf123 said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    MacGillivray
    Morgan - Dobson - Gilbey

This is better than the team we started at Crewe with last year tbh, but we don't have shite owner, a transfer embargo and wage cap now so no excuses really !
    Mid table .  
    This team would get top 6 but we know it will look diff come Aug 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    MacGillivray
    Morgan - Dobson - Gilbey

Pretty middle of the road side , not overly concerned yet as I expect the usual 5 loans and 2-3 permanent signings. Would like to think JP won't be starting against Sheffield Wednesday . 
  • I’d expect Gunter, Pearce, Purrington, Morgan and one of DJ or Washington to come out of that team once signings come in. Not impossible for Gilbey to come out either.
  • We are being quoted silly money for our top centre half targets … has to be Tucker and Famewo
  • We are being quoted silly money for our top centre half targets … has to be Tucker and Famewo
    Source?

Could easily be another CB no one has mentioned yet. Cawley doesn’t expect us to get Tucker.
  • Scoham said:
    We are being quoted silly money for our top centre half targets … has to be Tucker and Famewo
    Source?

Could easily be another CB no one has mentioned yet. Cawley doesn’t expect us to get Tucker.
    Come back BFG
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!