Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited July 2021
    Rothko said:
    shine166 said:

Latest from Cawley nothing sounds close or as people have said he poss isnt being updated much
    His last comment sums it up, its as if people think they are more clued up than those running the club.
    I think that's an important point.

It's frustrating for us that there hasn't been more movement but it'll be even more frustrating for the recruitment team, TS and Adkins as not only do they have to actually work on these deals but if they don't get it right it makes their job for the coming season harder too.

People would do well to remember that they're as desperate for success as we are.
    It is a good point and Cawley has said deals are being worked on. I do understand Golfie's point too. He isn't attacking Thomas, but waiting to see what happens to the recruitment before he is happy with it and he feels we should be further down the track than we are given what we were told. 

My view is, I am expecting good recruitment and I appreciate it might be difficult and delayed due to a variety of reasons, but I will judge it when I see it in its totality.
    I am with you Muttley. I DO appreciate getting recruitment right and securing the right players in a competitive market is not easy. As supporters we owe a lot to TS and it's a real shame for him that the economic impacts of COVID have reduced club turnover when he wants to invest in the playing side of the club. So I will be patient and hope they can assemble a strong enough squad to have a good stab at promotion this season.

In saying that I don't see why a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon to give Golfie such a hard time. He simply adopts the policy of saying "Show me" and that actions speak louder than words. I don't think that makes him the devil incarnate does it? 
    That’s fine & dandy until he goes & says things like ‘I don’t see much difference between TS & Douchbag’.
    Then I just want to rip his head off & shit down his neck!

Sorry, but I’m a tad wound up today & he ain’t helping 😫😫😫😫
    Mods, can you please ask this poster to amend or delete this post.

It is very abusive & not in the spirit of this board.

Someone on here the other day mentioned the word "mental" and the thread went into overdrive calling him out on it.

I dont think wanting to rip my head off & shit down my neck is very pleasant.

I think I will take myself off here & wont add to this thread until posters can be civil to one another.

Oh please, what's the complaint here, you want to spout off without being called out?
    To be fair to Golfie that was out of order, if it had been the other way round there would have been a meltdown.

Yes he is a miserable git but that was a bit over the top wasn't it? 
  • shine166 said:

Latest from Cawley nothing sounds close or as people have said he poss isnt being updated much
    His last comment sums it up, its as if people think they are more clued up than those running the club.

It's frustrating for us that there hasn't been more movement but it'll be even more frustrating for the recruitment team, TS and Adkins as not only do they have to actually work on these deals but if they don't get it right it makes their job for the coming season harder too.

People would do well to remember that they're as desperate for success as we are.
    It is a good point and Cawley has said deals are being worked on. I do understand Golfie's point too. He isn't attacking Thomas, but waiting to see what happens to the recruitment before he is happy with it and he feels we should be further down the track than we are given what we were told. 

My view is, I am expecting good recruitment and I appreciate it might be difficult and delayed due to a variety of reasons, but I will judge it when I see it in its totality.
    I am with you Muttley. I DO appreciate getting recruitment right and securing the right players in a competitive market is not easy. As supporters we owe a lot to TS and it's a real shame for him that the economic impacts of COVID have reduced club turnover when he wants to invest in the playing side of the club. So I will be patient and hope they can assemble a strong enough squad to have a good stab at promotion this season.

In saying that I don't see why a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon to give Golfie such a hard time. He simply adopts the policy of saying "Show me" and that actions speak louder than words. I don't think that makes him the devil incarnate does it? 
    That’s fine & dandy until he goes & says things like ‘I don’t see much difference between TS & Douchbag’.

Someone on here the other day mentioned the word "mental" and the thread went into overdrive calling him out on it.

I think I will take myself off here & wont add to this thread until posters can be civil to one another.

Golfie I'm honestly not having a go mate I just wanted to point out that maybe you are judging TS a bit early on this situation. You are getting stressy about people questioning you on your comments but you think it totally acceptable to question the current owners integrity and basically allude to him being a liar ! and class him along with past wronguns ?
    On this occasion mate you may want a rethink
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    shine166 said:

Oh please, what's the complaint here, you want to spout off without being called out?
    To be fair to Golfie that was out of order, if it had been the other way round there would have been a meltdown.

You he is a miserable git but that was a bit over the top wasn't it? 
    Feck me, it’s an expression.
    And if someone said it to me I’d take it as exactly that.

Ffs, I know I’ve let him wind me up when I shouldn’t but seriously did people think I actually meant it? I’m a 51yr old woman 😂😂😂😂😂
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    shine166 said:

I doubt if it was the other way round @KBslittlesis would be complaining to the refs about it. She's (and I mean this in the sweetest way) no fair maiden who needs defending or go running off to complain. 
  • Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    shine166 said:

I doubt if it was the other way round @KBslittlesis would be complaining to the refs about it. She's (and I mean this in the sweetest way) no fair maiden who needs defending or go running off to complain. 
    100% correct my good man. 100%.
  • Wigan have signed Stephen Humphrys now too
  • I think a yellow card will suffice. Let's chill out a bit. Big game tonight.
  • We are all pretty frustrated on here that is for sure.

I intend to settle down ready to chew my own nibblets off watching Southgate and Co sneak past the Danes, forget about CAFC and CL till the morning.

• To be fair Humphry's in behind Wyke could be very formidable. If they then get Fraser and a couple of wingers then IMO that's one promotion spot done.

They are doing what I'd like us to be doing buying early with young(er) and proven players.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maccn05 said:

To be fair Humphry's in behind Wyke could be very formidable. If they then get Fraser and a couple of wingers then IMO that's one promotion spot done.

They are doing what I'd like us to be doing buying early with young(er) and proven players.
    Hmmm... O'Rourke... Wonder if Mullin and Humphrys will end up as a Strike partnership for someone ;)
  • Wigan have signed over £2m of players for free on transfer market.com.
  • Rothko said:
    Wigan are at present close to having a decent starting 11, they don't have anything that looks like a competitive squad
    At least they have a starting 11...........
    Can’t wait for the season to start, so you can cheer up…oh wait, that’s not going to happen. 
    I'll cheer up when the owner follows through on his "promises'. 

At the moment there isnt a lot of difference between TS and Duchatalet in terms of team building. 

It's easy to talk the talk. The club now needs to walk the walk. 
    To be fair, while I'm not in the same "gloom and doom" camp as him, Golfie wasn't comparing TS and Roland in general, he was only talking about the specific area of team building at this exact moment.

Indeed to get a fair comparison, you have to compare TS now, i.e. his first summer, with Roland's first summer in 2014, before he screwed up then gave up. Picking out a few notable names
    21 June - Buyens (loan)
    24 June - Vetokele
    2 July - Moussa
    9 July - Bikey
    11 July - Ben Haim
    11 July - JBG
    15 July - Tucudean
    21 July - Henderson
    30 August - Bulot (loan)

So on that basis we're roughly in the same position in terms of signings as 2014, though a number of players arrived mid month, so that our squad was largely complete by the 15th. And we carried forward more players from the previous season too.
  • I'm surprised we haven't signed more players given how strapped most clubs are for cash. There must be an awful lot of players desperate for a contract.
  • Maccn05 said:

To be fair Humphry's in behind Wyke could be very formidable. If they then get Fraser and a couple of wingers then IMO that's one promotion spot done.

Don't be silly.
  • shine166 said:

You’ve said that before.

Have you actually never heard the expression ‘rip your head off & shit down your neck’ before? it’s exactly that, an expression of exasperation. One I wouldn’t ever use unless being completely exasperated with your idiocy.

I’ll happily take a telling off for getting wound up when I shouldn’t but I’ll be fecked if I’ll amend my post.

Its a nasty expression that I personally would never use no matter how exasperated I felt. You said you wouldn't amend your post but then censored Fucked?!
  • Sponsored links:

• PWADDICK said:
    Wigan have signed Stephen Humphrys now too
    Unbelievable signing for them. Lumping on him being top goal scorer next season 
  • Leuth said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Rumours Wyke is on close to 10k p/w. If so that's ludicrous for a player of his quality. Scored a fair few last season but didn't think much whenever I saw him. Chucking money at the league doesn't often work at this level. Hopefully England get the win tonight and a few will sign prior to the friendly against the scum Saturday. 
    Can we not do this sectarian bullshit in here please
    What is sectarian about that post?
    @Leuth
    The term has been used before on this site about other teams without any assumption of sectarianism. 
  • Maccn05 said:

Fortunately it doesn’t work like the in the real world.

Even if it does we only need to reach one of the three promotion spots.
  • Uboat said:
    I feel like I’ve walked into my local to find a mass brawl in progress. 
    I don't understand the argument.
  • What a nasty toxic place this is rapidly becoming.

Agree with the thought police or receive snippy abuse from weirdos. 

Time for a break I think. 
  • I'm surprised we haven't signed more players given how strapped most clubs are for cash. There must be an awful lot of players desperate for a contract.
    I think the Euros going on is probably holding up the teams at the top of the food chain, which is then having a knock on further down the line, especially in regards to loans etc 
  • Uboat said:
    I feel like I’ve walked into my local to find a mass brawl in progress. 
    FIIIIIGGGHHHHTTTT!
  • Loans normally are late as we have to wait for the bigger clubs to make decisions on them. That might not even happen until the season starts in some cases.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!